Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/14/2013 6:15:04 PM EDT

Specifically about the history and military use.

Edited to add, this will be a gift for my brother.

Link Posted: 12/14/2013 6:17:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Its titled FBHO
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 10:05:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Bump
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 2:54:09 AM EDT
[#3]
"The Great Rifle Controversy" - Edward Clinton Ezell
Mike B
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 2:56:02 AM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 12/15/2013 3:00:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 3:07:46 AM EDT
[#6]
The Black Rifle from Collector Grade Publications is supposed to offer a pretty in depth history of the development of the AR

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 3:31:09 AM EDT
[#7]
The Black Rifle Volume I and II from Collectors Grade Publications. Pricy but well well worth it if you are a serious student. "The worlds Assault Rifles" by Johnston and Nelson is a great broad overview and also a great book to compare / contrast various designs.  Stay away from the 'gun digest' books of the AR. You would learn more and have more fun by just reviewing the AR-15 Tech sub forums on AR-15.com.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 3:39:03 AM EDT
[#8]
This one from 1969 is fun.

Link Posted: 12/15/2013 4:01:08 AM EDT
[#9]
These are the answers you seek.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Black Rifle from Collector Grade Publications is supposed to offer a pretty in depth history of the development of the AR

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
The Black Rifle Volume I and II from Collectors Grade Publications. Pricy but well well worth it if you are a serious student. "The worlds Assault Rifles" by Johnston and Nelson is a great broad overview and also a great book to compare / contrast various designs.  Stay away from the 'gun digest' books of the AR. You would learn more and have more fun by just reviewing the AR-15 Tech sub forums on AR-15.com.

You get bonus points, I like your style

Link Posted: 12/15/2013 4:21:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 4:21:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The Black Rifle books (both volumes) are the most comprehensive histories available.  Outstanding resources.  I got both books for Christmas many years ago.  They get reread all the time.

I'd guess 90% of all ARF tech questions would be answered if posters had read these books (best barrel steel, choice of ammo, forged vs. billet receivers, buffer weight, etc.).  
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 6:57:25 AM EDT
[#12]

Doesn't fit the context I described.

Link Posted: 12/15/2013 6:57:36 AM EDT
[#13]

go choke yourself

Link Posted: 12/15/2013 6:57:55 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

"The Great Rifle Controversy" - Edward Clinton Ezell

Mike B
View Quote

I haven't heard about that one, I'll have to check it out.

Link Posted: 12/15/2013 6:58:32 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

View Quote

I ordered that one.  

Thanks guys.

Link Posted: 12/15/2013 6:59:06 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

View Quote

Ordered the first.  I'll get him Vol II for the next gifting day.

I have "The World's Assault Rifles".  Good book, but not what I'm looking for right now.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top