Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/14/2013 5:49:02 PM EDT
Well, my sister in law signed up to be a Nerium cream partnership rep for $500.  The lady told her that she can make up to $100,000,000 a year!  

She asked me what I thought about it...  I told her "I don't care, do what you want.  But don't expect to make that much!"  Then I asked her what the lady that is trying to get my SIL signed under her driving...  I got   that look.    

Well, she signed up for it anyway!  She went to one of the orientation meetings (near where she and my bro live).  She was star struck by all reps telling her how much money she is about to start making, after she talked with a former Broncos cheerleader, and a former Ms. Colorado, she was fucking SOLD!  

From what my brother tells me, she will get free face cream, and a Ipad air after 5 people are under her.  I guess after she breaks 50k or 100k in signup money, she will get a free car of her choice ($1000 per month max.) .  

She is now trying to get my entire female family signed up under her.  She is also setting up meetings with my female family members and trying to force them to buy the face creams if they don't want to join her great business opportunity.  My female cousins / aunts have been calling me and asking me "WTF?!".  My mom keeps ducking her calls, and won't answer the doorbell when she comes.  

I hope she makes some cash, but my family and her friends are getting upset with her.

Anyway!

CSB & all that.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 5:52:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Post when she's a double diamond or purple ruby rank like in Amway .   God one of my dear friends got wrapped up in that Amway shit in the 80's.  He destroyed a lot of friendships over that Ponzi scheme.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 5:53:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Pyramid schemes are awesome. If you're the one that starts it.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 5:53:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Two comments. First, awesome avatar. Loves me some Yolandi. Two, I experienced a very similar situation with in laws and no matter what pyramid scheme they dove into they never recouped what they spent.  Don't do what I did and keep telling them I told you so.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 5:58:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Post when she's a double diamond or purple ruby rank like in Amway .   God one of my dear friends got wrapped up in that Amway shit in the 80's.  He destroyed a lot of friendships over that Ponzi scheme.
View Quote

Yep, she is in the process of doing that now!
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 6:01:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Scam.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 6:02:02 PM EDT
[#6]
my buddy has tried a bunch of those types of things and he has never made enough money to make it worth while. Some people are always looking for easy cash and those types of setups prey on those people.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 6:05:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
my buddy has tried a bunch of those types of things and he has never made enough money to make it worth while. Some people are always looking for easy cash and those types of setups prey on those people.
View Quote

Yep,  back when she and my brother were 21 she signed up to be a letter stuffer from a lady on craigslist that posted "MAKE $500 AN HOUR!".  Paid $500 and got the tracking information for her stuffing supplies, the package arrived with a brick in the box and a package of paper telling her how to scam other people and charge $500 to get the started.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 6:05:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Pic of sil?
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 6:14:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Her and your brother are about to get lonely.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 6:19:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Some folks are just too fucking stupid to see what a scam multi-level marketing is until they run off all their friends and family and burn through thousands of dollars.

Sorry your SIL is into it.

Link Posted: 12/14/2013 6:20:52 PM EDT
[#11]
She could make up to 100 mil a year?

How about the 5 people she gets under her?   Can they also make 100 mil a year?

How about the 5,000 ladies who got in on this "business opportunity" before her?   Can they also make up to 100 mil a year?

Which infinite pool of money would these 10,000+ customers per year be drawing from to pay her multi-million dollar salary?

Math is hard for some people.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 6:29:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Never - you become what it is.....
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 6:31:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 6:36:42 PM EDT
[#14]
We have an acquaintance (read former friend)  who got sucked into Mary Kay after she lost her full time job as a medical receptionist when the office closed due to Obama care. She has since drove away all her friends, and is on the verge of losing her house. But she has $8K worth of product on hand so her clients don't have to wait for it to be ordered.
We all tried to tell her to go get a real job, but she wouldn't listen.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 6:41:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

How about the 5,000 ladies who got in on this "business opportunity" before her?   Can they also make up to 100 mil a year?

Which infinite pool of money would these 10,000+ customers per year be drawing from to pay her multi-million dollar salary?

View Quote

hahaha
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 7:09:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

hahaha
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

hahaha

The term "unlimited market potential" is a hallmark of these types of scams.  Though I hesitate to call them "scams" simply because there's very little overt lying in them.   They just take advantage of most people's innate gullibility and wishful thinking.

"You could make up to 100,000,000 dollars" is alot like "Your income potential is unlimited with our system!"  Big motherfuckin red flag right there to anyone with a lick of common sense.   Nothing has an unlimited income potential.   There are X number of customers with Y number of disposable income.

But people don't want to hear that shit.   You could explain exactly what I've said in a polite and rational way to her... but it won't make any difference.   People are born with an innate mastery at self-deception.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 7:12:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Your sister in law is a blithering idiot.
Allow no funds from your household to leak into her stupidity.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 7:37:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

The term "unlimited market potential" is a hallmark of these types of scams.  Though I hesitate to call them "scams" simply because there's very little overt lying in them.   They just take advantage of most people's innate gullibility and wishful thinking.

"You could make up to 100,000,000 dollars" is alot like "Your income potential is unlimited with our system!"  Big motherfuckin red flag right there to anyone with a lick of common sense.   Nothing has an unlimited income potential.   There are X number of customers with Y number of disposable income.

But people don't want to hear that shit.   You could explain exactly what I've said in a polite and rational way to her... but it won't make any difference.   People are born with an innate mastery at self-deception.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

hahaha

Yea, I hear you.    If I tell her anything but "wow do it!" She will ignore me.  

My brother said that he doesn't care, as long as she uses her disposable income.  (Split bank accounts)
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 7:38:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Your sister in law is a blithering idiot.
Allow no funds from your household to leak into her stupidity.
View Quote

She knows that me out of all people am the wrong person to ask.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top