Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/14/2013 2:08:53 PM EDT
How many manufactures are there really? I have heard that there are only 7-8 and its just a matter of whose name gets stamped on the side.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 2:09:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
How many manufactures are there really? I have heard that there are only 7-8 and its just a matter of whose name gets stamped on the side.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.
View Quote

there's a list on here somewhere in the real forums, let me go find that for you.

ETA: Beaten by next post.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 2:12:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 2:16:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

Nowhere near complete. The company that manufactures my 5.56 and my .308 lowers isn't mentioned there.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 2:21:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Nowhere near complete. The company that manufactures my 5.56 and my .308 lowers isn't mentioned there.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Well why not reply to that article and help some people out with information.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 2:23:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A new one needs to be started, Since that OP isn't being updated, it's just a clusterfuck.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 2:25:17 PM EDT
[#6]
After the panic, God only knows how many folks jumped in the game
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 2:25:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Stag used to make lowers for LMT or some anyway?  Interesting.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 2:28:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
After the panic, God only knows how many folks jumped in the game
View Quote

TONS of 07s popped up, which is probably why the state dept is now making them all register and pay for ITAR at $2250 a year.   But most people still contract to a few 07s.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 3:30:06 AM EDT
[#9]
thanks, this is the info I was looking for.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 3:40:33 AM EDT
[#10]
I am confused.  Either my brain is not working or that post in the link is not written well.  Does LMT make their own lowers or not.

First part says:

Not all inclusive, and a few brands have had more than one manufacturer cut their receivers. Many companies receive CMT and LMT cuts in the white and finish them themselves. I have not seen a LAR or MMS cut that was finished by a third party company.

LMT = LMT, Lauer(old), DS Arms, PWA, Eagle, Knights Armament, Barrett, Bushmaster (?)
View Quote

Than later on:

Wishful thinking:

LMT (very wishful thinking...)
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 4:32:05 AM EDT
[#11]
To me...non issue. If it is manufactured within spec i do not care what name is on it.
A list of out of spec manufactures would make more sense.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top