Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/14/2013 11:16:32 AM EDT
Long story short, I have a bad back. I want to keep it in tip top shape for as long as possible. I think an inversion table will help. Which one do I choose?
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 1:58:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Just find something that is well built.  A broken neck would be worse than a bad back!

If you live in a larger city you might be lucky and find one cheap on Craigslist. I found a HealthRider for $100 when I lived in Houston.

I have degenerated disks.  I find that using it too much or at too much of an incline makes me worse rather than better.  

I have found the best for me is core strengthening exercise - dead lifts, mountain climber, the plank, glute bridge, kettle ball swing, swimming, etc.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 2:20:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I have an earlier model of This
Bought it from HSN five or so years ago for around $300. I love it.
Check with your Dr first. It's not a cure all for all back issues.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 2:36:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Teeter Hang-Ups they seem to be the market leader, I had one and it really didn't do much for me and I gave it to a friend. Amazon has a ton of choices.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 2:41:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 2:46:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Teeter.

My back is a mess.....years of lifting and Motorsports conspiring to wreck it. I was staring at surgery until I got the Teeter.

Now, when my back isn't right, I'll hang a couple of times a day until all is well. I swear by it.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 2:46:29 PM EDT
[#6]
i had one for my bad back , it made it worse check with your doc first
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 3:09:02 PM EDT
[#7]
I've owned two different inversion tables.  The current one is a Teeter Hangup.  They help me.  Last year I saw a newer model (Teeter?) that had a more intelligently designed style of releasing and locking in your feet.  It had a long handle that did not require a long stretch and effort to engage and disengage/release your feet...less stretching while pulling a lever. Seems  better for your back if you have more serious problems.  I looked for it again this year and didn't see it (Sports Authority and a high-end type health store).  Google will surely turn up a few good options.

eta my current one also folds up/scissors and stands against the wall.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top