Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/14/2013 11:07:59 AM EDT
Never plan to be shot by one to find out but the term less lethal has me a little

Anyone care to explain this classification of weapons to me?

Less lethal seems to mean don't get shot in the head or chest in the wrong spot?
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 11:09:46 AM EDT
[#1]
A method that is NOT LIKELY to cause great bodily harm or death...
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 11:09:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Never plan to be shot by one to find out but the term less lethal has me a little

Anyone care to explain this classification of weapons to me?

Less lethal seems to mean don't get shot in the head or chest in the wrong spot?

View Quote

Yes. That's why they don't call it non-lethal.

BTW, nice new avatar.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 11:10:43 AM EDT
[#3]
The proper term is less THAN lethal. It will still  kill your ass under certain conditions.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 11:11:21 AM EDT
[#4]
It is not meant to kill, but if used inappropriately has potential for lethality.  Or potentially lethal if coupled with some other odd situation, but not under usual use.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top