Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/14/2013 8:55:27 AM EDT
I just wrapped up 9 weeks(21 sessions) of BEP chemo for testicular cancer.  For the most part, my side effects were minimal.  Hand/foot neuropathy, ringing in the ears, low white counts/platelet counts are about all I've dealt with, aside from fatigue.

How long did it take you to feel normal again?  I'm still very tired, and haven't had an infusion for 11 days now.

TIA
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 8:56:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Glad that you are not having any serious side effects.  Hope you get better soon.  Stay strong my friend.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 8:58:02 AM EDT
[#2]
why did you need chemo? could they just take out the bad nut? serious question.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 9:19:50 AM EDT
[#3]
My father is still feeling the weakness 2.5 years later. It took about 6 months before he could mow his yard without a break. On a positive he's out hunting in a snow storm right now and I pussed out. He had half his jaw removed because the tumor was in his sinus cavity. You might recover quicker. Keep moving and trying more each day. Good luck OP. I've seen what it does and you've made it past the worst part.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 9:51:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
why did you need chemo? could they just take out the bad nut? serious question.
View Quote

They took the bad nut, and found that the cancer had spread into 4 lymph nodes.  I find out Tuesday if I need more chemo, a surgery to take out the now-dead lymph nodes, or just go on surveillance(blood tests and a PET scan every 6 months)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top