Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/14/2013 8:37:14 AM EDT
I've looked at the air rifle section, perused pyramidair.com and finger-diddled the ones at Wally World.  NO idea what's good and what ain't. Saw the thread about the M4-177 (which is in the running) but looking for more options.  Also anyone have ideas about a youth bow set?

Budget is up to $125-150 tops for the gun, targets, ammo and peripherals.  Same for the bow/arrow set.
Reasonably accurate, primarily shooting reactive type targets, but not opposed to nailing any dumbass starling that lights on the fence.
Pellets are preferred, for less ricochet, but not opposed to BB's.
LOP maybe a consideration as well.

No clue about youth bows.  Surprise me.

Powers of GD activate!!!!
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 8:44:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Barnett Vortex, my buddies daughter has one and it seems to be pretty good for the money. Forget about their arrows, get some Gold Tip Hunters in the appropriate spine weight and have an archery shop cut them down to size.

http://www.bowhunterssuperstore.com/barnett-2013-vortex-youth-p-1874930.html
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 12:42:34 PM EDT
[#2]
bump
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 12:49:42 PM EDT
[#3]
If you're looking for a left handed youth bow, I can be a huge help to you Hit me up through PM if you're looking for a good left handed one.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 12:50:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Remington 870 20GA Youth.

It shoots pellets.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 12:57:36 PM EDT
[#5]
The Benjamin pump is an excellent rifle. It is a single shot which forces you to make the first shot count. But more importantly, it is very accurate since it has no recoil or spring movement.It can knock a hummingbird off a power line at 50 yards. The springers are very hard to shoot and require a special hold to shoot well. It will last a life time and can be handed down to his kids when the time is right.

http://www.jgsales.com/benjamin-397-.177-caliber-air-rifle.-p-8458.html
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 5:59:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Benjamin pump is an excellent rifle. It is a single shot which forces you to make the first shot count. But more importantly, it is very accurate since it has no recoil or spring movement.It can knock a hummingbird off a power line at 50 yards. The springers are very hard to shoot and require a special hold to shoot well. It will last a life time and can be handed down to his kids when the time is right.

http://www.jgsales.com/benjamin-397-.177-caliber-air-rifle.-p-8458.html
View Quote

Thanks. This is the kind of info I was looking for.

BTW, thanks for giving me your 4th post in 6 years
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 7:22:20 PM EDT
[#7]
I only talk if I feel I have something worthwhile to contribute.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top