Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/13/2013 10:34:52 PM EDT
Your cat would lose against the power of THE OBNOXIOUS!!!!

His name is Fifa. And he even like bacon...

</a>" />

And here he is surveying his domain. He is not really sure what to make of that white stuff....

</a>" />

And yes, taking his Cheez-It's is a bad idea...

</a>" />
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 10:39:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Sun conures are so damn pretty.  
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 10:42:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Pretty little Bird---is it a Conure?

Had an African Grey and a Mullican(sp) Cockatoo back in the 90's. Wife got them in Divorce. These were some noisy Birds when they got into squacking matches with each other. TheCats and Dogs respected them and kept their distance.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 10:48:23 PM EDT
[#3]
My sister has one.  Mean, loud, obnoxious little thing.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 10:49:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I always thought keeping birds as pets is so cruel. Instead of flying in the sky they get to sit in a house their whole life. It just seems so shitty to me.

Cool looking bird though.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 10:50:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 10:52:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes, he is a Sun Conure. Otherwise known as velcro bird...

Our UPS guy is convinced we are a family of pirates. It is a very rare occasion he does not land on a shoulder when the doorbell rings.

Hell, my wife gave the pizza guy an "Aliens" moment when Mr Personality poked his head out of her shirt when she was signing the reciept...
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 10:56:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I always thought keeping birds as pets is so cruel. Instead of flying in the sky they get to sit in a house their whole life. It just seems so shitty to me.

View Quote

I understand where you are coming from, but it is no different than a dog or cat. Just different...

Birds are social creatures who need to be part of the flock. Just like dogs... But NOT cats!!!!

Locking up a bird in a cage all day IS cruel.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 11:02:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I understand where you are coming from, but it is no different than a dog or cat. Just different...

Birds are social creatures who need to be part of the flock. Just like dogs... But NOT cats!!!!

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a 21+ year old Cockatiel. He definitely sees us as his flock. Unfortunately we have 3 cats now, so he doesn't get out as much as he used to.

You have any experience with Cockatoos? I've always wanted one, but no chance of that until the cats are gone. Also, who takes care of your bird when you guys go out of town?
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 11:02:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
My sister has one.  Mean, loud, obnoxious little thing.
View Quote

Ours is the same way towards strangers. Better than a guard dog, actually...

However, towards friends, he is a little love-bug. My six year old daughter and the bird are rather close buddies. The one sided conversations they have can be pretty hilarious
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 11:13:32 PM EDT
[#10]
shit, I have 4 of them, and at least 30 others, they are by far the noisiest
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 11:14:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I have a 21+ year old Cockatiel. He definitely sees us as his flock. Unfortunately we have 3 cats now, so he doesn't get out as much as he used to.

You have any experience with Cockatoos? I've always wanted one, but no chance of that until the cats are gone. Also, who takes care of your bird when you guys go out of town?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cockatoos are a whole other ball game. I would actually be scared for the cats in that situation...

Toos are also a seriously different level than a tiel. In fact, they are the VERY definition of velcro bird (especially in the first few years...). Toos do NOT like being left alone when they are growing up. If they are left by themselves, they can develop insecure behavior which can leave you with no baseboards or any exposed electrical wiring. Not a problem if you home school or something like that, but it does not work if the house is empty eight to ten hours a day...

For our situation, we have "The Bird Shoppe" that baby sits when both myself and the family are gone. It is like a bird hotel. :-) The little bastard gets to play with people and other birds all day...
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 11:21:47 PM EDT
[#12]
I've always thought birds were cool and funny to watch.

Right up until I'm trying to enjoy a movie or game and the little fucker starts squawking along to it.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 11:29:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Right up until I'm trying to enjoy a movie or game and the little fucker starts squawking along to it.
View Quote

Not disagreeing... But your jaw will hit the floor when you walk into the kitchen and wonder who is watching Scarface... Only to realize it is your (ex)girlfriend's African Grey reciting the first 15 minutes of the movie...

That damn bird could also imitate the blender and a Harley.

Freaky.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 11:29:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Cockatoos are a whole other ball game. I would actually be scared for the cats in that situation...

Toos are also a seriously different level than a tiel. In fact, they are the VERY definition of velcro bird (especially in the first few years...). Toos do NOT like being left alone when they are growing up. If they are left by themselves, they can develop insecure behavior which can leave you with no baseboards or any exposed electrical wiring. Not a problem if you home school or something like that, but it does not work if the house is empty eight to ten hours a day...

For our situation, we have "The Bird Shoppe" that baby sits when both myself and the family are gone. It is like a bird hotel. :-) The little bastard gets to play with people and other birds all day...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know the Cockatoos are a lot like having another kid around. Maybe smarter than some kids. I'd have to do a lot more research. It is a big commitment, and I'm sure the bird would out live me.

If you are ever near Augusta, GA, you need to check this place out. They do a lot with a little. Really nice folks too.  http://www.featheredfriendsforever.org/
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 11:37:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Well, I don't anticipate visiting Ft Gordon again in the near future. However, if I do, I will have to check them out...
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 1:45:35 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Not disagreeing... But your jaw will hit the floor when you walk into the kitchen and wonder who is watching Scarface... Only to realize it is your (ex)girlfriend's African Grey reciting the first 15 minutes of the movie...

Freaky.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Freaky.

Fucking awesome.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top