Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/13/2013 6:00:49 PM EDT
I'm getting married next year and I have 3 groomsmen. My budget for them is $100/each for groomsmen gifts. Plan is to take them out in April for a 3 day 2 night "bachelor" party, hiking and camping in one of MO's large state parks/forests. I'm thinking Mark Twain.

I have enough camping gear to get us out there for a week, but want them all to have a backpack and their own things.

I can afford to spend $100 on each of them.

So far I'd like to get them the following:

Mora Knife $13
Sawyer Mini water filter $20
Bic and magnesium fire starters $10
Machete, Cold Steel $15
First aid kit $15

As for the rest they still need a backpack. I know WalMart has some that look like military style for $20-25. That should top out my budget. Any ideas on something good for that?

Anything else that's something small I can put in their pack?

I've been to enough bachelor parties and seen thousands of dollars wasted on nights most can't remember. I think a good 'man' weekend out in the woods would be much better than a night out at a strip club.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 7:23:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Toilet paper

That's a pretty cool idea, maybe flashlight of some kind?  If not, how about engraving the knife?
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 7:30:53 PM EDT
[#2]
While your most likely going to get shit about brokeback mtn and shit here in GD. I would much rather spend a weekend in the woods shooting /fishing / hunting/?  than a fukd up drunk fest at a tittybar cool idea op.

Forgot maybe a compass or ya asswipe
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 8:58:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
While your most likely going to get shit about brokeback mtn and shit here in GD. I would much rather spend a weekend in the woods shooting /fishing / hunting/?  than a fukd up drunk fest at a tittybar cool idea op.

Forgot maybe a compass or ya asswipe
View Quote

No brokeback.  it's my brother, a best friend and soon to be cousin "in law".

All of us own guns and plan on taking sidearms (glock) and rifles (AR's) into the woods.

Compass, toilet paper, etc is for granted.  Also plan on one of them carrying a small fishing setup (pole, spinning reel, etc) as I think that will be the easiest means for food.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 8:59:05 PM EDT
[#4]
You're doing this wrong.  The best man is supposed to take YOU out for the bachelor party.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 9:00:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Lose the Mora, Bic and magnesium. Replace with a Mora Light My Fire Knife, and add a compass.        

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 9:01:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Toilet paper

That's a pretty cool idea, maybe flashlight of some kind?  If not, how about engraving the knife?
View Quote

I've got a lot of crap in my time as a groomsman, but the engraved knife is the one I think of as a stand out. I won't use it as a knife (even though it is ideal for a pocket knife) because to me it is something of a a keepsake.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 9:10:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I've got a lot of crap in my time as a groomsman, but the engraved knife is the one I think of as a stand out. I won't use it as a knife (even though it is ideal for a pocket knife) because to me it is something of a a keepsake.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Toilet paper

Keepsake will be the memory.  They are the type that camp out of a tailgate of a truck.  This will be a different experience.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 9:17:14 PM EDT
[#8]
eating utensils
drinking cup
first aid kit
fire steel
knife
flashlight
toilet paper
compass
folding saw
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 9:32:19 PM EDT
[#9]
La police gear backpacks/packs are great for the money.  There's a thread somewhere on a jetbeam flashlight that is a good value at $25.  Paracord.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top