Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/28/2002 4:10:13 PM EDT
Was wrestling on the floor with my 5 yr old daughter.  She likes to jump on me like a big giant trampoline and she was getting running starts and all having a blast and she caught me half way up like on my belly propped on my elbows and it hurt like a motherfucker so I said "get off".  She continues to jump.  I repeat 3 more times.  By now I'm getting really agitated and in pain so I don't know why but I yelled at her, "Get the fuck off me now!"  I never curse at her and she started crying and it didn't help that it happened in front of the whole family and relatives.  I feel like the worst father to have ever existed!  
Link Posted: 11/28/2002 4:14:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I definately wouldn't have cussed at her. Then again, my daughter would have stopped after the first time I told her to or else.

I say, yeah you suck. But she's only a kid and to them tomorrow is always a new day, so make it up to her then.
Link Posted: 11/28/2002 4:17:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeahm you fucked up pretty royal.  But, I have done the same type of things to my kids.  Hey, we are only human.  SOmetimes we screw up, the main point is to learn from your problems.

And just because of this one thing doesnt mean your a bad dad.

SGtar15
Link Posted: 11/28/2002 4:17:48 PM EDT
[#3]
She may be young enough that she (hopefully) doesnt understand/never heard before what fuck means, so she might not know it's a "bad word"...
Link Posted: 11/28/2002 4:25:04 PM EDT
[#4]
In front of the family??? Oh man...that is rough. The best thing about children, is that they love you unconditionally!! You screwed up, like we all have, and she will forgive and forget. Give her extra big hugs tonight, tell her you love her and your sorry!! It will make you feel better too.
Link Posted: 11/28/2002 4:27:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/28/2002 4:29:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Shit happens.....She loves you more than anyone else in the world (except Mom) and already has forgotten what happened. Give her a big hug.
Link Posted: 11/28/2002 4:29:29 PM EDT
[#7]
We're talking about you lovely, adorable, 5 year old daughter? Take a moment later tonight and just look at her. Hope it doesn't happen again. You are a good man to question it, now go love your daughter with big hugs.
Link Posted: 11/28/2002 4:32:49 PM EDT
[#8]
YOu should have looked at your family while they were staring at you in amazement and said, "Look... just be glad I didn't beat her like that mother who got caught on tape).

Seriously, people do things in anger. You swore - no big deal. If it resorts to physical violence, then you should worry. Happy Thanksgiving!
Link Posted: 11/28/2002 4:33:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Give her extra big hugs tonight, tell her you love her and your sorry!! It will make you feel better too.
View Quote

Seriously, lets cut through the crap. This is gonna cost you. I hope you're off tomorrow, cause you've now got some money spending to do. I'd say that this is about a $350 mistake, so you'll need to shag your ass to WalMart at about 0530 in the morning and start stocking up on all the Barbie and Sponge Bob Square Pants shit that you can find on sale. You should be able to get about a carts worth of stuff for your "punishment money". This is what it's going to take to erase this episode from her memory.

Otherwise you're running the risk of hearing, fuck nicklodeon, fuck brushing my teeth, I don't want to wash my fucking hair...etc for the rest of your child rearing years. Then everytime your wife asks her where she said that, she's going to get all teary eyed and point directly at you.

Hugs and kisses only go so far.....This kind of offense takes cash.
Link Posted: 11/28/2002 4:37:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanx all!  Unfortunately she went back to her moms tonight and I did smother her with hugs and kisses!  I wasn't angry but just in a bit of pain.
Link Posted: 11/28/2002 4:38:01 PM EDT
[#11]

LOL...Cash Helps....always.
Link Posted: 11/28/2002 4:42:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Apologize......
Link Posted: 11/28/2002 4:52:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/28/2002 5:01:18 PM EDT
[#14]
She will sue you and divorce you. I've seen this happen before. Also you woun't "see any" from your wife for a long time.  Sell ALL your weapons and buy the mom a nice diamond  and ALL the toys to your daughter...

On a serious note I have a 4 3/4 year old daughter that does the same thing. The more I say NO the more she does it. I yell at her more than I talk normal but NEVER curse. She gets her butt "touched" most of the time, then mommy comes yelling at me that I am a brute. You can never win. Many times at the diner table I have proposed to sell her for some cheap ammo but nobody wants to take me seriously.
Link Posted: 11/28/2002 5:03:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Was wrestling on the floor with my 5 yr old daughter.  She likes to jump on me like a big giant trampoline and she was getting running starts and all having a blast and she caught me half way up like on my belly propped on my elbows and it hurt like a motherfucker so I said "get off".  She continues to jump.  I repeat 3 more times.  By now I'm getting really agitated and in pain so I don't know why but I yelled at her, "Get the fuck off me now!"  I never curse at her and she started crying and it didn't help that it happened in front of the whole family and relatives.  I feel like the worst father to have ever existed!  
View Quote

All kids love to play with their dads like that.

If you could't take the pain of a 5 yr old jumping on you you shoud've gotten up.You are the parent afterall, right?

Cussing or cursing at your child is your problem.

I have 4 under 9, 3 boys.They all love to tear me apart, I don't really mind.They know when its time to stop.I have a twice surgically repaired back, but I know that any healthy parental relationship involves some horsing around.

And cussing at your daughter in front of family, and at Thanksgiving, oy vey!!

Well, if your post-divorce relationship with your ex was messed up before...wait til she gets wind of this.

With kids, check your anger in at the front desk.
Link Posted: 11/28/2002 5:06:05 PM EDT
[#16]
What, no poll?

Put me down for a yes.

Fred
Link Posted: 11/28/2002 5:18:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Sounds like a little girl is getting a pony for xmas now.
Link Posted: 11/28/2002 6:08:34 PM EDT
[#18]
I think you guys are being a little hard on Valkyrie here.  It was a mistake, shit happens.  Apologize, tell your family and your little girl that it was wrong of you to do that, regardless of the reason.  Kiss and make up - end of story.

Don't beat yourself up over this.  It will all wash over.  Buying gifts or using bribery as a mea culpa will backfire on you as that will then show that anytime in the future that you screw up then this will be expected.
Link Posted: 11/28/2002 6:29:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 11/28/2002 7:09:15 PM EDT
[#20]
You need to establish a code word that means stop now! When I was a kid it was "uncle". Now it's "time out".
View Quote

Once again, the most insightful comment is made by Paul.  Many people often say no or stop in a playful way, for example, "oh stop" when a kid is playfully punching them.  I see many parents make that mistake.  Since she's only five, she might not be able to easily tell the difference.  Stop means something very different to us adults depending on how it is said, but the nuances aren't as obvious to a child.  She's learned how you personally say stop when you mean it.  While you feel like a heel now, later it might keep her from getting hurt. For example, if she was about to step off of a curb into the street while a car was coming and you said stop in the same voice you used today, she'll probably stop.  Apparently before today, she didn't recognize the different tone, pitch, or rhythm you use to indicate importance.  It's a painful way to learn, but it works.z
Link Posted: 11/28/2002 7:20:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Give her extra big hugs tonight, tell her you love her and your sorry!! It will make you feel better too.
View Quote

Seriously, lets cut through the crap. This is gonna cost you. I hope you're off tomorrow, cause you've now got some money spending to do. I'd say that this is about a $350 mistake, so you'll need to shag your ass to WalMart at about 0530 in the morning and start stocking up on all the Barbie and Sponge Bob Square Pants shit that you can find on sale. You should be able to get about a carts worth of stuff for your "punishment money". This is what it's going to take to erase this episode from her memory.

Otherwise you're running the risk of hearing, fuck nicklodeon, fuck brushing my teeth, I don't want to wash my fucking hair...etc for the rest of your child rearing years. Then everytime your wife asks her where she said that, she's going to get all teary eyed and point directly at you.

Hugs and kisses only go so far.....This kind of offense takes cash.
View Quote

ROTFLMMFAO!!!! [:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]
Link Posted: 11/28/2002 7:20:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thanx all!  Unfortunately she went back to her moms tonight and I did smother her with hugs and kisses!  I wasn't angry but just in a bit of pain.
View Quote

Dude, you are divorced?  Screw spending the money at Wallyworld, you're going to need it for your attorney...  Doubt me?  Just wait until you see how the ex contorts this one.
View Quote

Yeah....this kind of changes things...like a lot!!

SGtar15
Link Posted: 11/28/2002 11:32:49 PM EDT
[#23]
I am glad the feds are monitoring this site as part of Homeland Security and that tomorrow child protective services will be dispatched to your house.
Link Posted: 11/29/2002 12:56:22 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I think you guys are being a little hard on Valkyrie here.  It was a mistake, shit happens.  Apologize, tell your family and your little girl that it was wrong of you to do that, regardless of the reason.  Kiss and make up - end of story.

Don't beat yourself up over this.  It will all wash over.  Buying gifts or using bribery as a mea culpa will backfire on you as that will then show that anytime in the future that you screw up then this will be expected.
View Quote

Agree with above.

A five year old being told FOUR times to stop doing something that is physically hurting someone????

After yelling at her I would have beaten her ass!!!

You guys have been watching too much Oprah......
Link Posted: 11/29/2002 1:49:09 AM EDT
[#25]
LOL, the joys of being a parent.  That's nothing compared to what comes out of my mouth at 6AM when my 3 year old decides to wake me up with a WWF flying knee to my groin.

Come to think of it, maybe this has something to do with my insomnia.....  And when I do sleep, it's on my stomach.
Link Posted: 11/29/2002 3:24:03 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
LOL, the joys of being a parent.  That's nothing compared to what comes out of my mouth at 6AM when my 3 year old decides to wake me up with a WWF flying knee to my groin.
View Quote

Yeah....my 3 year old did that once. So I body slammed him and put him in a sleeper hold until he passed out. When he got out of the hospital the next month he knew that there was no more bothering daddy when I was asleep.
Link Posted: 11/29/2002 5:13:29 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 11/29/2002 5:23:36 AM EDT
[#28]
5 year old daughter? Damn. That's harsh!

Link Posted: 11/29/2002 5:24:15 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
See you on the Springer show in a few years...  She is going to marry some druggie hippie democrat piece of shit and blame it all on you!
View Quote

Now THAT was cold. He's already feeling bad enough. Jeez.
AB
Link Posted: 11/29/2002 5:35:33 AM EDT
[#30]
My dad used to cuss so much, I literally thought my name was sumbitch until I was 16 years old.
However, I loved him until the day he died.
Don't sweat it.
Link Posted: 11/29/2002 5:53:18 AM EDT
[#31]
Dooh!  

The Christmas after my dad died we had the annual Christmas eve get together.  Without the old mans moderating presence, (like a control rod in  a reactor).  We had a family meltdown.  People were yelling and I spoke up and my 12 year old niece decided to help out...  I told her to, shut the f-ck up!".  That was the house clearing event.  Later I told he I did not mean to yell at her and I told my sister to keep her kids out of future family argument.  
Link Posted: 11/29/2002 5:55:18 AM EDT
[#32]
Buy her a beer and say you are sorry for cussin at her.
Link Posted: 11/29/2002 6:21:47 AM EDT
[#33]
Oops! Are you more pissed at yourself that you cussed or that your daughter wouldn't listen to you 'til you did? I wrestle with my kids. Before it's over all of them are attacking me. But I've got them "trained" that when I say "OK, enough." they stop. They just need to learn to listen to ya.

So you cussed her when she was hurting you. Big deal. She'll get over it. Just wait 'til she becomes a teenager. Then you'll have something to worry about[:D]

just my $.02
Link Posted: 11/29/2002 6:40:10 AM EDT
[#34]
Jerk!!!  Try to keep that mouth in check and everything will be fine.  If she was hurting you, you should have gotten up.  IMHO!

Turbo5

Link Posted: 11/29/2002 7:04:25 AM EDT
[#35]
I used to get an elbow or knee or some other body part to the "Go Betweens"![BD]

Now I have a cup to wear if I know I am going to be wrestling my 6 year old daughter and 3 year old son!

Problem is that I don't always know when they are getting ready to "Lay the Smackdown" on me![BD][BD]

Big(YouNeedToLearnToRollOverFaster!)Dozer66
Link Posted: 11/29/2002 7:57:13 AM EDT
[#36]

...I know a guy that says things worse than that, to a 2-3 year old, on the regular, for much less......pretty sad really...little girl walks around saying ssshhhttt all day.......and he thinks its funny.....[V]

Link Posted: 11/29/2002 9:09:20 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Yeah....my 3 year old did that once. So I body slammed him and put him in a sleeper hold until he passed out. When he got out of the hospital the next month he knew that there was no more bothering daddy when I was asleep.
View Quote

LOL.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top