Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/13/2013 3:19:01 PM EDT
It has my address but it isn't addressed to me.

There was a phone number on it that I assume is the intended recipients but no answer. Obviously it is perishable so it is in my freezer now.

What should I do?
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 3:20:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Trade 'em for a pressure washer
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 3:23:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Be a good person. Call the intended recipients.

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 3:23:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I was hoping for a mislabeled Colt 6920.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 3:23:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Do the right thing.

Grill it
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 3:24:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

This. Call the company too and ask them.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 3:24:07 PM EDT
[#6]
You really shouldn't need to ask us or anyone else whether you should do the right thing.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 3:24:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Maybe a google search will reveal the address of the phone number.  It's probably a neighbor's and they got the street numbers juxtaposed.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 3:25:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What Colt 6920? There was no package delivered here today, good sir.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 3:26:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Their shit is terrible.  No reason not to return to intended recipient other than to save them the gastrointestinal stress.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 3:28:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i344/jstamatson/steaks_zps24043175.jpg
There was a phone number on it that I assume is the intended recipients but no answer. Obviously it is perishable so it is in my freezer now.

What should I do?
View Quote

Bust out your cameria to post your dinner pics of course
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 3:44:48 PM EDT
[#11]
OP go check all your credit card accounts now.

Sometimes when account numbers are stolen, scumbags try to mail order things but the orders default to the billing address.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 4:26:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Sometimes when account numbers are stolen, scumbags try to mail order things but the orders default to the billing address.
View Quote

Did this, everything seems good. I left a message telling them to call me with their name and if it matches it's theirs. If not, I guess I will eat well.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 4:28:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Return to rightful owner.

Now if it were Allen Brothers..............

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 4:29:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Call the company. Maybe they will just send another one out to the customer. Everyone happy.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 4:30:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Omaha steaks suck, seriously.

Bought some a couple of years ago

Tough, greasy, not worth half the price.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 4:31:54 PM EDT
[#16]
You should make sure you take the dry ice out before you give it to the proper recipient.  Playing with that stuff was a lot of fun with the package my MiL sent to us earlier this week.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 4:32:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
You really shouldn't need to ask us or anyone else whether you should do the right thing.
View Quote

^
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 4:33:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Someone either did that or had a good sense of humor when they stole my account info. My name and address got signed up to a monthly wine delivery, monthly coffee delivery, and AARP. It was a nuisance, but I did have I to chuckle at their choice of subscriptions.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 4:33:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Call the company. Maybe they will just send another one out to the customer. Everyone happy.
View Quote

I imagine they will get their order one way or another given it's a perishable good. Tried looking up an address from their name and number but no luck. You wouldn't believe the amount of stuff I get delivered here that isn't mine. Just the other day I got a check for around $200 (legit) and a birthday or Christmas card. Return to sender.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 4:35:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
You should make sure you take the dry ice out before you give it to the proper recipient.  Playing with that stuff was a lot of fun with the package my MiL sent to us earlier this week.
View Quote

It was all gone unfortunately, otherwise I would be disturbing the neighbors.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 4:35:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

This thread is stupid.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 4:36:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Best steaks I've ever cooked.

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 4:37:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

This thread is stupid.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This thread is stupid.

I am sorry to offend your sensibilities. You should also understand the concept of opportunity cost.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 4:37:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Santa is watching you.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 4:39:10 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Someone either did that or had a good sense of humor when they stole my account info. My name and address got signed up to a monthly wine delivery, monthly coffee delivery, and AARP. It was a nuisance, but I did have I to chuckle at their choice of subscriptions.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

My 70 year old mom got signed up for "girls gone wild" DVDs.

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 4:39:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Call Omaha Steaks and tell them the name of the person and they should be able to give you an address.  Or maybe they just tell you to keep it and they will send another to the right address.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 4:44:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Call Omaha Steaks and tell them the name of the person and they should be able to give you an address.  Or maybe they just tell you to keep it and they will send another to the right address.
View Quote

I would but I imagine the address is wrong. I got intended recipient's number but no answer yet. They should have the info of the person who sent it though so they could inform them. It isn't going anywhere so I will see if I get a return call before I proceed.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:41:54 PM EDT
[#28]
If you call Omaha, I would think they would tell you to keep. Would the take the legal responsibility?  You know, what if you were some kind of serial killer and poisoned the taters?  
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:46:18 PM EDT
[#29]
I got a gift card for some Omaha steaks from work. Really not looking forward to them.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:01:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:04:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

What should I do?
View Quote

Do the right thing, butthead.  Contact the folks that it belongs to, and make arrangements to have them come over and pick it up.

Why in the hell do you have to post up crap like this?  WTF????  You must be a "dumbed down", Millennial.  
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:15:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Call Omaha and complain that your filet order was contaminated with chicken and hot dogs.

Then have a cookout.

Seriously, call the shipper and ask what the deal is.  Perishable food is handled differently from other items.  

They want to make sure that the right items get to the recipient and once you've handled them with your filthy paws it may not meet their standards

Also, if they send out a replacement they'll want to know about the screwup so they can fix it and get the tasty food where it needs to go.

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:18:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow.  Your mom rocks.

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:23:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Do the right thing, butthead.  Contact the folks that it belongs to, and make arrangements to have them come over and pick it up.

Why in the hell do you have to post up crap like this?  WTF????  You must be a "dumbed down", Millennial.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What should I do?

Did you fail to notice where he called the number and there was no answer or did you just fail to comprehend it?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:26:28 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Did you fail to notice where he called the number and there was no answer or did you just fail to comprehend it?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What should I do?

I imagine he is projecting the "Dumbed down millennial" bullshit. And I am Gen X FYI.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:28:31 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Because Omaha steaks are shit.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:30:37 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Santa is watching you.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:42:37 PM EDT
[#38]
I would never eat frozen meat that got sent to the wrong house first. You would be keeping those steaks at your house if that had been my filet order.

There is no way in hell that Omaha is going to expect you to give those back to their customer. Just call Omaha and tell them what happened.

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:50:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I would never frozen meat that got sent to the wrong house first. You would be keeping those steaks at your house if that had been my filet order.

There is no way in hell that Omaha is going to expect you to give those back to their customer. Just call Omaha and tell them what happened.

View Quote

No shit... the only "right" thing that can happen here is for Omaha to send the customer a new order and take it up with the shipper, or if the customer fucked up the address, the customer.  That shit could have sat on the porch for a week before the unwitting recipient got home from vacation.  

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:59:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Very likely...If so, you score and do the right thing.  
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 7:02:12 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Wow.  Your mom rocks.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow.  Your mom rocks.

She was pissed, and would not even let me have the DVDs.

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 7:08:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

This nails it.  How hard can it be to call that phone number and ask a few simple questions?
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 7:10:17 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
This nails it.  How hard can it be to call that phone number and ask a few simple questions?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Awesome, another person who doesn't even read the very short text of the OP.

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 7:11:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes! Great stuff.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 7:23:00 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I am sorry to offend your sensibilities. You should also understand the concept of opportunity cost.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This thread is stupid.

You don't offend me.  If you can't figure out the right thing to do, I sure as hell am not worried about being offended by you.

Opportunity cost?

So, you only do the right thing when it is beneficial to you?
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 7:24:29 PM EDT
[#46]
Next up, a pressure washer shows up on his doorstep.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 7:25:28 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then he should keep calling that number until he gets an answer.

He still doesn't need us to tell him to do the right thing.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 7:27:53 PM EDT
[#48]
Obama sent you a box of steaks?

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 7:28:44 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

I got a gift card for some Omaha steaks from work. Really not looking forward to them.
View Quote
jeez, just feed them to your dogs if you are that picky

I would gladly eat them, may complain after if it is crappy but you never know until you try
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 7:30:22 PM EDT
[#50]
Most likely the true owner should just give it to you and tell Omaha Steaks the package was delivered to another house and he didn't want to take the chance it was contaminated...

The'll probably send another to the buyer anyway.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top