Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/13/2013 2:31:55 PM EDT
I was going to get an Alpha SL pullover by Arcteryx, but they are out of stock everywhere in my size. After speaking to a rep, I found out they are "not scheduled for a build anytime soon." So I guess that means they have or are planning to discontinue the jacket.

Currently I'm looking at the Patagonia Torrentshell right now, the only downside is that it's not Gore-Tex. Can anyone tell me about it?

The jacket will be used for hiking, backpacking and around town.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 3:03:40 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

I was going to get an Alpha SL pullover by Arcteryx, but they are out of stock everywhere in my size. After speaking to a rep, I found out they are "not scheduled for a build anytime soon." So I guess that means they have or are planning to discontinue the jacket.

Currently I'm looking at the Patagonia Torrentshell right now, the only downside is that it's not Gore-Tex. Can anyone tell me about it?

View Quote

The Alpha SL is your best bet; get on eBay and find one.  I love mine as much as I love ALL my Arc gear.

http://www.backcountrygear.com/arcteryx-alpha-sl-pullover-mens-s13.html?gclid=CJjzjOe0rrsCFfJxOgodeFMAZg

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 3:06:37 PM EDT
[#2]
grundens.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 3:39:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Why are you set on a pullover?  Plenty of zip up options out there
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 4:57:26 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Why are you set on a pullover?  Plenty of zip up options out there
View Quote

I wasn't set on mine, but after wearing it quiet extensively, I see the market for it.  Very minimalistic, unique entry, very breathable, and a short half-zip with less chance of wind and water making it's way through the zipper.  Of course, if you spent money on quality gear, waterproof zippers are standard so no problem there.  Having said all that, I will definitely buy a traditional full-zip Arc shell in the near future.

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:03:05 PM EDT
[#5]
My last 2 jackets have been Arcteryx.  Patagonia is good quality but Arcteryx fits me much better.  I would keep looking.

I bought my last one at a very good discount (XXL, closeout) from REI.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:26:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Marmot precip
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:29:35 PM EDT
[#7]
it's a cardigan, but thanks for noticing
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:33:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The Alpha SL is your best bet; get on eBay and find one.  I love mine as much as I love ALL my Arc gear.

http://www.backcountrygear.com/arcteryx-alpha-sl-pullover-mens-s13.html?gclid=CJjzjOe0rrsCFfJxOgodeFMAZg

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's what in thinking as well. Thanks for the link, exactly what I'm looking for.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top