Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/13/2013 2:22:54 PM EDT
is there some kind of a frame to attach to pistol to make it more like a short rifle, so it has longer sight radius and better control with two hands? so we don't have to do ar-pistol or SBR
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 2:27:30 PM EDT
[#1]
SIG makes the Adaptive Carbine Platform that is supposed to work for nearly any rail equipped pistol, but the kit costs $450. Cabelas has them.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 2:28:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Mech Tech Carbine for Glocks/1911s.

They are blowback.

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 2:28:18 PM EDT
[#3]
There have been attempts to market a device such as you describe.

Problem is, if the barrel is not >16" then it is a SBR, with all of the hassle and expense that involves.

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 3:04:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
SIG makes the Adaptive Carbine Platform that is supposed to work for nearly any rail equipped pistol, but the kit costs $450. Cabelas has them.
View Quote

i found the link, the video is really nice and clear how it works, thanks for the info
by the way, is the front grip legal without going SBR?

http://www.sigsauer.com/StoreProductList/adaptive-carbine-platform-116.aspx
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 3:07:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Mech Tech Carbine for Glocks/1911s.

They are blowback.

View Quote

interesting too thanks
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 3:08:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Problem is, if the barrel is not >16" then it is a SBR, with all of the hassle and expense that involves.

View Quote

my understanding is without "evil" features like stock and forward grip, it should be legal as a pistol
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 3:12:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

my understanding is without "evil" features like stock and forward grip, it should be legal as a pistol
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then it wouldn't be what you described in OP.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 3:26:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

please elaborate a little, for example, if i buy the Adaptive Carbine Platform, is it legal as a pistol? can i attach a forward grip to it?
thanks
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 3:31:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

please elaborate a little, for example, if i buy the Adaptive Carbine Platform, is it legal as a pistol? can i attach a forward grip to it?
thanks
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

thanks

NO!!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 3:39:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

thanks
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

thanks

Front grip = trip to Club Fed.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 3:45:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 4:00:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

thanks
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

thanks

You can put an AFG on it.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 4:32:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

thanks

^^ AFG is legal on a pistol
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top