Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 12/13/2013 12:02:50 PM EDT

In Tom Clancy's Rainbow 6 Patriots, Team Rainbow faces a new and very real threat called the "True Patriots," a highly-trained, well-organized revolutionary group that claim the American government is irrevocably corrupted by greedy politicians and corporate special interests. The True Patriots will do whatever it takes to reclaim their country. Playing as Rainbow, players will face critical scenarios that will require them to make tough ethical decisions in order to stop this new breed of terrorists.
View Quote

http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Patriots-Xbox-microsoft/dp/B0062U5KFW/ref=sr_1_3?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1386968401&sr=1-3&keywords=rainbow+six

Get used to the idea that patriotism is terrorism.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 12:04:21 PM EDT
[#1]

Thought the same thing. I hope that game flops badly.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 12:04:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Great book and good video game series too
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 12:05:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I wonder how much Clancy was involved in this before he died??
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 12:06:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I haven't played any of the installments since the first Vegas. (Or any video games, really. Have a toddler now so no time.) That was a lot of fun. But this is crap. I too, hope it fails.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 12:07:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 12:10:03 PM EDT
[#6]
"True Patriots," a highly-trained, well-organized revolutionary group that claim the American government is irrevocably corrupted by greedy politicians and corporate special interests.
View Quote

Half of GD is going to expect compensation or mention in the credits for using their likeness in the game.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 12:11:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 12:11:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Well, won't be buying any Rainbow Six titles ever again
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 12:12:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Wait... I want to play on the Patriot's side.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 12:13:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Meh, that franchise has blown festery cocks ever since whatever came out after Rogue Spear.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 12:19:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Meh, that franchise has blown festery cocks ever since whatever came out after Rogue Spear.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 12:19:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 12:22:47 PM EDT
[#13]
I want to play it... and side with the patriots..

Could be epic.

Just sayin....

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 12:23:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

This!
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 12:25:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Does it have an option to play the 'patriots'?  If so, I might be interested in trying it.  
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 12:27:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Stopped after 3... I could tell it was going this direction with Vegas.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 1:11:11 PM EDT
[#17]
the original book was so fucking awesome read it multiple times
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 1:16:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Sounds pretty easy. How hard is it to send a crack team of international commandos against a bunch of neckbeards with sks' and 10/22's?
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 1:16:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Im pretty sure this is old news and they said they were gonna drop the game

NVM - I guess this came out
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 1:16:59 PM EDT
[#20]
My username came first so do I have a lawsuit here?
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 1:19:03 PM EDT
[#21]
I got excited at first because I thought the Rainbow guys were the Patriots and they were fighting to reclaim the Government. Now I see it's crap.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 1:19:38 PM EDT
[#22]
If the NSA is monitoring WOW for terrorists, I bet dollars to doughnuts they will monitor this title closely.

Eta, if you can't side with the "patriots" I predict several mods will fix that, on the PC version.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 1:21:02 PM EDT
[#23]
And in the first game (As in the book) you fight a bunch of Eco-Terrorists who plan on releasing a super-virus that will bring the world population down to "sustainable levels"... the eco-terrorists themselves, of course, having the vaccine.

I think Tom Clancy just plain hated Terrorists of all colors, ideological bents, etc.

I think that's the difference between Right wingers and Leftists. Leftists will *ALWAYS* portray the bad guys as being "right wing" leaning... as they can never conceive of a situation where Leftists do anything bad. Right wingers, however, openly admit and even embrace the idea that sometimes our "fellow travelers" go down the wrong path and need to be dealt with.

OR this might just be a case where the producers/writers of the game have little exposure to Tom Clancy's philosophy. I have to admit, the "terrorists" in this game do seem much more sympathizeable than previous installments.

I liked Deus Ex, because you start off fighting a Right winged, Secessionist movement that wants to seceed the USA from the UN while working for UNATCO (United Nations Anti-Terrorist Coalition). Only a little bit later do you find out how deeply corrupt and evil the UN, the Feds, etc are... and you end up joining the opposition. All of the morally "Questionable" actions of the NSF (National Secessionist Forces), end up being explained away later on by desperation, and a lack of resources and ability to "reign in" the less professional operatives.... but overall their cause ends up being exonerated.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 1:31:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Based off the last couple of his books I read, I wouldn't be surprised if he helped out with story more than a little

Quoted:

I got excited at first because I thought the Rainbow guys were the
Patriots and they were fighting to reclaim the Government. Now I see
it's crap.
View Quote

And this

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 1:35:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Im pretty sure this is old news and they said they were gonna drop the game

NVM - I guess this came out
View Quote

Yeah, we did all this about a year ago.

Release date at the link says Dec 2014, so at this rate it may never come out.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 1:39:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Right after the original three Rainbow Six games and the first Ghost Recon the entire Tom Clancy name has been synonymous with generic crappy assed action games. I wouldn't worry too much about it.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 1:40:17 PM EDT
[#27]

what a great game.  I remember going on their old HTML messageboard looking for people hosting multiplayer games, then having to copy/paste their IP address in order to join.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 1:40:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Sounds pretty easy. How hard is it to send a crack team of international commandos against a bunch of neckbeards with sks' and 10/22's?
View Quote

I hear you can shave the neck beard to look more disciplined.  And, you can power all the way up to CCI rounds.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 1:40:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Right after the original three Rainbow Six games and the first Ghost Recon the entire Tom Clancy name has been synonymous with generic crappy assed action games. I wouldn't worry too much about it.
View Quote

They decided to follow the money. COD and battlefield type games is where the money is at.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 1:41:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

They decided to follow the money. COD and battlefield type games is where the money is at.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I miss the good, original stuff
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 2:02:38 PM EDT
[#31]
If you got to play as the patriots instead, I'd give it a shot.

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 2:06:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

what a great game.  I remember going on their old HTML messageboard looking for people hosting multiplayer games, then having to copy/paste their IP address in order to join.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

The AI was brutal-you'd get shot in the eye from a pistol at 100m while you were partially concealed in total darkness.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 7:51:28 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

no shit, in RB6 ravenshield you couldn't even jump and the run was a fast paced walk..  Best game for Lan parties because once you died you had to watch and wait to the end of the match..
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 7:56:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Thought the same thing. I hope that game flops badly.
View Quote

It was made by Candians.  What would you expect?  Ubi has studios in Montreal, Paris, San Francisco, Morocco, Shanghai, etc.  Not exactly a hotbed of
"keepin' it real, no matter who it offends."

Statistically, if it's going to be terrorists---it's going to be Muslim ones.   However---that can't be done, because it's offensive to Muslims (no matter how true it is).
Who gives a shit if you offend a bunch of white guys in the US, of all places.  Fuck that shit, man.  So much for keeping it real.

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 7:58:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Damn thats fucked up. Looks like they went right for the jugular on this one.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 8:00:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

no shit, in RB6 ravenshield you couldn't even jump and the run was a fast paced walk..  Best game for Lan parties because once you died you had to watch and wait to the end of the match..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

R6 RavenShield was the best version of the game to date as far as playability and maps.  Period.

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 8:01:22 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

In Tom Clancy's Rainbow 6 Patriots, Team Rainbow faces a new and very real threat called the "True Patriots," a highly-trained, well-organized revolutionary group that claim the American government is irrevocably corrupted by greedy politicians and corporate special interests. The True Patriots will do whatever it takes to reclaim their country. Playing as Rainbow, players will face critical scenarios that will require them to make tough ethical decisions in order to stop this new breed of terrorists.
View Quote

View Quote

Well that's just preposterous, who'd believe such a ridiculous thing!

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 8:03:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

in the original build, you play both the Patriots---and it switches back to the R6 Team.

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 8:05:21 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

R6 and Ghost Recon have never been about "action"---they are 1st and 3rd Person tactical shooters.  Not to be confused with the stupid shit of blasting the shit out of everything with waves and waves of endless enemies.

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 8:09:07 PM EDT
[#40]
The bad guys in the book and the first game are a caricature of the environmentalist nuts, like something from an episode of Law and Order circa 1997.

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 8:10:02 PM EDT
[#41]

Trying to distract us from another muslim convert tried to attack our country.

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 8:10:51 PM EDT
[#42]
Clancy is rolling over in his grave.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 8:11:47 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Clancy is rolling over in his grave.
View Quote

As far as I know he was the one that sold his name with no strings attached. I'm guessing he was enjoying the royalties too much to care
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 8:12:00 PM EDT
[#44]
The trailer looks good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMz8PKe5RFU
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 8:14:18 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
R6 and Ghost Recon have never been about "action"---they are 1st and 3rd Person tactical shooters.  Not to be confused with the stupid shit of blasting the shit out of everything with waves and waves of endless enemies.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

On the first one, you were better off controlling whichever team had to do most of the shooting, and toward the end, you were better off controlling everybody because the AI had a tendency to cheat, and never in your favor.  It wound up being not much different from other first person shooter games of the day.

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 8:20:02 PM EDT
[#46]
You boys play games with your computers.
How cute.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 8:23:53 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
How cute.
View Quote

Far superior to a shitty console.  Believe that.  
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 8:25:03 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
How cute.
View Quote

Look who's posting on arfcom from a computer.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 8:30:32 PM EDT
[#49]
So you get to kill a bunch of tea party terrists?
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 8:30:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
How cute.
View Quote

Let me go whittle a canoe then grandpa.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top