Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/13/2013 6:00:38 AM EDT
It was a decent movie, Mark Wahlburg portrayed Luttrell just fine, but he's still too damn old and short.

It drifted from the book in parts, but I thought it was a great tribute to those guys.

Only downside to the experience was when members of the crowd laughed when the Taliban was trying to shoot one of the SEALs in the head and kept missing.

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:05:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Ironically, I think Marcus was more involved with the movie than he was with the book. There are recent interviews where he says the movie is different from what really happened, like him crawling for 7 miles, marky mark just was walking, and he didn't see the chopper get shot down, sounds like in the movie mark does etc.... Has his seal of approval though for paying tribute, so I'm still looking forward to it.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:11:05 AM EDT
[#2]
looking forward to seeing this one. have to re-read the book in the meantime too
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:13:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
looking forward to seeing this one. have to re-read the book in the meantime too
View Quote

this
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:17:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ironically, I think Marcus was more involved with the movie than he was with the book. There are recent interviews where he says the movie is different from what really happened, like him crawling for 7 miles, marky mark just was walking, and he didn't see the chopper get shot down, sounds like in the movie mark does etc.... Has his seal of approval though for paying tribute, so I'm still looking forward to it.
View Quote

SEAL of approval?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top