Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/13/2013 4:33:12 AM EDT
If you agree, post some tubes of his awesomeness.

If you disagree, post your challenge.

I'm pulling an all-nighter ordering gun parts, safes, ammo, and accessories for the family's Xmas gifts. I'm the buyer for everyone it seems. They give me the money and I buy the good shit for everyone.

I have many hours of whiskey ahead of me.

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 4:47:32 AM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 4:50:56 AM EDT
[#2]
As a Deadhead for many years I will almost agree.  There is nothing that can come close to the feel and emotion that Pig could exude.  Listen to him doing King Bee, The Same Thing, Smokestack Lightning, TOYLL, Caution, Katie Mae, It Hurts Me Too, etc and you'll melt. That being said, while he was an amazing bluesman he's no Robert Johnson or John Lee Hooker.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:01:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:02:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:07:42 AM EDT
[#5]
He's among the best.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:13:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:49:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
... while he was an amazing bluesman he's no Robert Johnson or John Lee Hooker.
View Quote

There are lots of amazing bluesmen out there, that no one outside of a small, local following will ever know.  While Johnson and Hooker would certainly make the list, quite a few were better - and some are dudes that can't fill a 50 seat bar on a Friday night.  The way I see it, ALL of "the best" talk is subjective, as the genre runs the gamut from one guy, a harmonica, and a footstomp all the way to 17-piece ensemble with three trumpets, a trombone, two saxs, 4 backup singers, a piano player, bass, drums, rhythm guitar, harp , as well as the "bluesman"... and still covers everything in between.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 7:08:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top