User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 12/13/2013 3:48:16 AM EDT
Link

Sorry ass mother-fuckers.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 4:06:44 AM EDT
[#1]
And not a word from these anti-American lowlifes: Ryan et al., about cutbacks to SNAP or Welfare.

Despite the GAO indicating that around 1/3 of benefits are obtained fraudulently.

We have illegal immigrants buying 55 gal. plastic barrels to ship food they buy with SNAP to their relatives overseas for resale or to run resturants.

And the best that this clown Ryan can think to do is cut military pensions.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 4:09:22 AM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

We have illegal immigrants buying 55 gal. plastic barrels to ship food they buy with SNAP to their relatives overseas for resale or to run resturants.

View Quote

... Please cite source

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 4:11:15 AM EDT
[#3]
scumbag fucks

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 4:11:26 AM EDT
[#4]
yeah lets cut from people that actually do something.  Don't cut from those that are lazy leeches.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 4:12:32 AM EDT
[#5]
While I don't regret having been a career soldier, I sure wish the government had lived up to their end of the bargain.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 4:13:26 AM EDT
[#6]
They will never cut welfare. They will cut as much as they can from military retirement and active duty pay because we will never riot. The welfare rats will burn the country to the ground and the .gov knows this. They are paying out welfare to ensure this doesn't happen.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 4:15:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

... Please cite source

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

... Please cite source

It was in an article back in July about illegals and other immigrants using food stamp benefits to ship food to their families in other countries. Google its your friend.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 4:19:52 AM EDT
[#8]
First of all one of the LAST things we ought to do AFTER we eliminate the FSA programs IS to take a look at military retirement as if is a VERY large expense.

I have no sacred cows and think everything ought to be looked at.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 4:20:13 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

... Please cite source

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

... Please cite source

Google is your friend.

http://nypost.com/2013/07/28/nyc-welfare-food-is-shipped-in-barrels-to-the-dominican-republic-then-sold-on-the-black-market/

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 4:21:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
They will never cut welfare. They will cut as much as they can from military retirement and active duty pay because we will never riot. The welfare rats will burn the country to the ground and the .gov knows this. They are paying out welfare to ensure this doesn't happen.

View Quote

Let them burn the ghettos into the dirt for all I care. When they are standing around a smoking pile of ashes simply ask them where they are going to live and leave it at that.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 4:22:24 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

And not a word from these anti-American lowlifes: Ryan et al., about cutbacks to SNAP or Welfare.

Despite the GAO indicating that around 1/3 of benefits are obtained fraudulently.

View Quote

They simply need to put some of these thieves in jail.  But no, they cut the pensions earned by veterans.  

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 4:22:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 4:23:32 AM EDT
[#13]
But they're shutting down the post office too right?

Right!?!

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 4:25:54 AM EDT
[#14]
I'm so glad I'm only doing 4 years and getting out. Only 2 more left.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 4:26:57 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
yeah lets cut from people that actually do something.  Don't cut from those that are lazy leeches.
View Quote

that is the society we've built.

it doesn't matter if you are talking about retired .mil, or the average hard-working joe. we tax the productive and valuable, and reward liars, cheats, and thieves. america believes this is appropriate and correct.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 4:27:24 AM EDT
[#16]
They should cut all forms of welfare, including retirement benefits, for EVERYONE.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 4:28:19 AM EDT
[#17]
Budget Deal Hits Military Retirees (who aren't union-represented) with Pension Cuts, Federal Retirees Untouched
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 4:33:22 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

View Quote

No shit. Yeah, cut them out because they are a small group that won't be able to vote you out. Pathetic.

Fucking Democrats would have us gut our military to the extremes like Russia, just to feed the welfare fucks.

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 4:38:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

The welfare rats are votes, they are the ultimate power source for the Left, removing welfare from them would be crippling the Left's power base and they will never allowed that to happen.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 4:40:32 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Weren't EBT cards cut $50 a month or so ago?   As for military cuts, all federal retirement funds were spent during the sequester.  Expect the seizure of IRAs and pension funds by the government.   Also expect any bank accounts to be devalued through quantitative easing.   Last, we will see our currency devalued during the global economic reset.  

BTW, the IMF wants a huge income tax imposed on us.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 4:44:43 AM EDT
[#21]
Congress is busted.  Flipping idiots are all warm and fuzzy about
evaporating a molecule or
two out of a drop of water in the 5000-gallon tank that is our budget.

Instead of taking some relatively easy steps and actually making a
dent in the problem.  Using DoD as the major budgetary target
is a coward's way out of having to make and explain more difficult/
less popular decisions IMHO.
Just cutting fraud, waste, and abuse from the major areas of the federal budget would add up to real money.  Quickly.  IIRC in 2011, Medicare alone had something like $50 Billion
in "improper payments" (fraudulent claims, mistaken identity and
payment not recovered, etc...). $50 billion a year from just one
program.
 FWA within Social Security is much higher, and FWA is present in every government agency and program.  Including DoD.
Concentrate on identifying and cutting the FWA first, government wide.  
See how much money can be saved.  (I'll bet it's in the multiple hundreds
of billions.)
All of that can be done without cutting the other "sacred cows" - social security, welfare, medicare, medicaid, SNAP, etc...
Should be easy for the politicians to sell to John Q, but no one seems to even think about proposing these things.
Then
look at cutting things like the asinine studies (like the $1.5 mil for a
study on why lesbians are fat) where we give money out like free candy.
Foreign Aid needs to be looked at.
Why are we still funding NPR and PBS?  Seriously - why?
National Endowment for the Arts?  Really?  That should be funded by philanthropy, not taxpayers money.
All fedgov agencies need to be looked at.  Start with an across-the-board cut - everybody has a budget reduction.  Eliminate redundant programs.  Streamline processes.  Reduce size and scope.
Why
the hell are people getting more tax money refunded to them than they
pay?  Other than the self-centered, the leeches, the special interest
groups, and politicians - how in the ever-living hell does this shit
even come close to making sense to people?  Stop it.  Just cut it off.  
Cut the corporate tax rate, allow repatriation of overseas funds, and
implement either a low flat tax or a consumption tax and cut the size of the IRS.
And while
we're at it, gut the progressive/ enviro-wacko infestation in the
regulatory and land management agencies, and the judiciary.  Remove the
onerous regulations and restrictions that are stifling entire market
segments.  Get the hell out of the way of the market and let the economy
heal itself.  We'll end up with lower energy costs, more growth, more
employment - and by extension more money into the Fed Gov because more
people are working and paying taxes.
Then start looking at plans to extricate us from social security and minimize welfare and other assistance programs over the next couple of generations.

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 4:49:35 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 4:50:36 AM EDT
[#23]
Join the club.  If the public has a voice in any of your benefits, BOHICA.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 4:51:59 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

No shit. Yeah, cut them out because they are a small group that won't be able to vote you out. Pathetic.

Fucking Democrats would have us gut our military to the extremes like Russia, just to feed the welfare fucks.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey..

This kind of crap has happened with Demo's in power for the last 40yrs that I have observed, & before that I wasn't around.

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 4:54:04 AM EDT
[#25]
Am I reading this correctly that this cut is a 1 percent cut in COLA per year? Not a reduction in actual retirement pay, just a reduction in the amount your retirement pay will go up each year as the cost of living goes up.  While I agree that other programs should be cut first, and this could be part of the "death by a thousand paper cuts" thing, this seems to be a really sensational article.

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 4:54:29 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Hey..
This kind of crap has happened with Demo's in power for the last 40yrs that I have observed, & before that I wasn't around.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hey..

Since the 60's and the great society legislations when the Dems found they could just buy elections with taxpayer money.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 4:55:06 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

If  you joined for the pension you represent less that 0.5% of the service members.

You're serving for the wrong reason, it is best you do get out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If  you joined for the pension you represent less that 0.5% of the service members.

It is kind of sad...when it comes to military pay and pension society thinks "Hey they are patriotic, they aren't there for the money so we can get away with paying them shit!!!"
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 4:56:17 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

After 9 years in the military and 3 years as a contractor -- I would venture a guess that so are 1/3+ of VA disability payments.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 4:57:34 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

... Please cite source

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

... Please cite source

http://nypost.com/2013/07/28/nyc-welfare-food-is-shipped-in-barrels-to-the-dominican-republic-then-sold-on-the-black-market/

Food-stamp fraud in New York has turned into foreign aid — to black-market profiteers in the Dominican Republic.
Last week, The Post revealed how New Yorkers on welfare are buying food with their benefit cards and shipping it in blue barrels to poor relatives in the Caribbean

"snap fraud been Barry Barry good to me..."
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 4:57:57 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

... Please cite source

Google is your friend.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2315115/Shocking-US-government-leaflet-tells-Mexican-immigrants-collect-food-stamp-benefits-admitting-theyre-country-illegally.html
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 4:57:57 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
First of all one of the LAST things we ought to do AFTER we eliminate the FSA programs IS to take a look at military retirement as if is a VERY large expense.

View Quote

No offense, but fuck all that.

A deal is a deal.

You can kill off my retirement completely for all I care: Just give me back my twenty years.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:00:08 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:00:34 AM EDT
[#33]
CUT EVERYTHING.  Discrimination is a terrible thing
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:00:42 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
They should cut all forms of welfare, including retirement benefits, for EVERYONE.
View Quote

It's not welfare if it was part of a deal.  I earned my retirement.  I gave them my fucking youth.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:02:11 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

It is kind of sad...when it comes to military pay and pension society thinks "Hey they are patriotic, they aren't there for the money so we can get away with paying them shit!!!"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thats why its called service, no one should be trying to live off the government.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:02:46 AM EDT
[#36]
Double tap
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:03:47 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

A deal is a deal.

You can kill off my retirement completely for all I care: Just give me back my twenty years.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A deal is a deal.

Well, the FSA have gotten their deal, should we not cut that either?
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:03:59 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:04:29 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

After 9 years in the military and 3 years as a contractor -- I would venture a guess that so are 1/3+ of VA disability payments.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

After 20 years in the military and 10 years as a contractor - I would venture a guess that so are 1/2 of VA disability payments.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:05:26 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Thats why its called service, no one should be trying to live off the government.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tell that to half the nation that is on some form of welfare or the untold millions of illegal and legal immigrants doing the same.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:06:24 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:06:35 AM EDT
[#42]
That's not what "society", or "the majority" thinks at all.  

Everyone here reads this, and immediately thinks how to cut other things to balance the budget, how to properly prioritize spending, etc.  if that's you, you've missed the boat.  They're not RUNNING the country, they're just raiding the treasury.  It all makes perfect sense when you read the news with that as your premise.  Does anyone here really believe "they" spent $600 Million on healthcare.gov website?  Or that they really spent $750 Billion on "shovel ready jobs"?  The Mocha Muslim said on camera they didn't.  So where did it all go?  It's not even stealing cause they openly admit they're just taking money.  
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:07:02 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

... Please cite source

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

... Please cite source

There was a thread on it a while ago
Theres a booming business in NYC with stores assembling 55 gallon drum care packages that get mailed back to the immigrants home nation and relatives
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:07:11 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:09:46 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A deal is a deal.

What deal was that?  How did they earn those benefits?  What service did they provide for those benefits?
Are you trying to make a point that I'm just not seeing?  

Wait--did you leave your computer logged on?  Did a moron get hold of your keyboard?

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:10:10 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Nobody is that stupid. Nobody.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nobody is that stupid. Nobody.

http://www.politico.com/2012-election/map/
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:10:18 AM EDT
[#47]
Vesting military retirement would save BILLIONS and trim down the number of warm body slugs waiting on their 20 yr letter.

Change it to a percentage for 10 yrs, 15 yr. , 20 yrs.

It's a win/win:
Trims the military.
Frees up slots for promotable SM's
Allows the military to save: not having to pay salaries for substandard returns while they wait for the 20 yr lottery ticket
Allows the military to save mountains of money by reduced % payouts.
Compensates the SM  in some small way for time spent in honorable service
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:11:21 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So people putting their asses on the line shouldn't get paid for it?
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:13:43 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think many military retirees are "living off the government" entirely at 22,500 a year (the avg pension). I'm not saying they deserve riches but someone gives 20  years of their life RISKING their life, living in shitty places, getting shitty pay, moving every few years (not building equity in a home), and working insane hours with no overtime.....they might want a little more than "thank you for your service" and a discount at home depot.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:15:38 AM EDT
[#50]
Ah, fuck it.  Bring back the draft.  Exclude no one, regardless of sex or educational pursuits.

It's not like we're at war, or are looking at being in combat soon anytime.

Mach is right.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top