Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/13/2013 3:25:13 AM EDT
actually a cheap chinese copy of erector set parts with a toxic lead finish.  

I guess these are just random thoughts that won't even merit a CSB....but Now the company is just gone?   Poof?  johnny come lately gun companies  - who is next?

And the sad part?  people who actually adopted the brand as "their" brand.  I had a guy tell me he thought a Charles Daly was a quality firearm.  what junk.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 3:35:44 AM EDT
[#1]
They just rebranded guns.

Some were quite good,the Hungarian FEG BHPs as an example, and others ranged from fair to you get what you pay for.

Adopting ANY brand as yours is hockey helmet,drool bucket retarded but that is another matter.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 4:00:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They just rebranded guns.

Some were quite good,the Hungarian FEG BHPs as an example, and others ranged from fair to you get what you pay for.

Adopting ANY brand as yours is hockey helmet,drool bucket retarded but that is another matter.
View Quote

Getting a tattoo of your brand or your team is going full hockey helmet.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 4:18:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
...but Now the company is just gone?   Poof?  johnny come lately gun companies  - who is next?

View Quote

http://www.charlesdaly-us.com/

I thought they were bought out and recently reopened?
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 4:20:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Haven't they been gone for close to two years or so now?
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 4:41:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Haven't they been gone for close to two years or so now?
View Quote

They came and went several times as KBI and CD.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 4:51:36 AM EDT
[#6]
I had a CD semiauto 12ga shotgun that wouldn't hit the broad side of a barn at 50 yards. And I am dead serious.

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:00:30 AM EDT
[#7]
I own a charles daly 1911. made in the Philippines. its a good shooter.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:02:08 AM EDT
[#8]
We are starting to make some parts for them. A lot of guys really like them, but some parts are substandard and break , like the locking block on the bolt.

If you have a broken one , send me a PM,
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:02:42 AM EDT
[#9]
double  tap
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:07:51 AM EDT
[#10]
If I'm not mistaken they are now owned by CZ and if so they will be be of good quality.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:12:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's probably an Armscor (RIA)
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:28:51 AM EDT
[#12]
years ago, maybe 8 but not sure???, I got a CD two tone 1911.  I went on one of the 1911 forums and changed out every part that the "In the KNOW crowd" recommended.

I didn't shoot it much before I made the changes, so I cant really say I did any improvements, but I never had any problems with it before or after the changes.

I sold it to a friend and would buy it back if he would sell it to me.  I have no good reason why I sold it...

BTW:  I sold off dozens of guns when I returned from Iraq for ridiculously low prices and I regret every last one that I sold.  I have vowed to never sell a gun again
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:29:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
If I'm not mistaken they are now owned by CZ and if so they will be be of good quality.
View Quote

That's Dan Wesson.  Samco Global is using the name now to import Turkish shotguns.

ETA:RE: Michael Kassner/KBI is now TransWorld Arms and IWI, and it's the same company making the Tavor in Harrisburg, PA.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:48:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Over 10 years ago, my first 1911 was a Charles Daly. I was ready to buy a Colt, but the guy at the gun store recommended the CD and I was dumb enough to listen. Out of the box it jammed 3-4 times per mag. Went back for service twice and nothing changed. I put in a new extractor and recoil spring (the one that came with the gun was maybe half the strength it should have been) and that made it better, but it's still not entirely reliable. The sight cuts are unique (the rear sight fell off one time, btw), which makes finding good sights for it impossible. The grip screw holes are off far enough on one side so that standard 1911 grips won't fit. When I put in an aftermarket trigger, the grip safety no longer worked. I suspect the frame as a whole is off in virtually every dimension.

In short, it's a piece of crap that I hope to someday return to the fires of Mordor.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:53:28 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

I had one also that was very reliable.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 10:31:36 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

I happen to love CZ.  If this is true then and if it is proven the CZ commitment to quality carries over to CD then good.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 10:35:18 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Armscor......
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:14:26 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm pretty happy with mine (lower only). It's actually the nicest lower I've got finish-wise.
" />
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:25:36 PM EDT
[#19]
I have a Charles Daly 20 ga semiauto shotgun.  Its a Turkish made Beretta copy.  I have well over 3000 rounds  through it and it has been 100 percent reliable.  Its very light, recoil is light.  A real joy to shoot.  I bring it out when I teach hunter's ed classes and I've let a number of people borrow it to teach beginning shooters.  Everyone that has ever shot it falls in love with it.  Not bad for a $275 shotgun.

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:32:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I have a Charles Daly 20 ga semiauto shotgun.  Its a Turkish made Beretta copy.  I have well over 3000 rounds  through it and it has been 100 percent reliable.  Its very light, recoil is light.  A real joy to shoot.  I bring it out when I teach hunter's ed classes and I've let a number of people borrow it to teach beginning shooters.  Everyone that has ever shot it falls in love with it.  Not bad for a $275 shotgun.

View Quote

My father has one. By far my favorite skeet gun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top