Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/12/2013 11:28:32 PM EDT
http://news.yahoo.com/thousands-guns-sold-illegally-online-mayors-group-234535495.html

Attacking Armslist

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Thousands of guns are being offered for sale illegally by unlicensed firearms dealers on a single website in the United States, according to a report released on Thursday by Mayors Against Illegal Guns.

The group, founded and largely funded by New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg, examined sales on Armslist.com, a major gun-trading website that enables sales in all 50 states, over an eight-week period this year.

Nearly a third of the ads posted were from "high-volume" sellers who lacked the federal license required of individuals who regularly sell firearms.

http://news.yahoo.com/thousands-guns-sold-illegally-online-mayors-group-234535495.html
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 11:29:59 PM EDT
[#1]
FMB
FBHO
FJB
FEH
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 11:35:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Why can't he get cancer already?
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 12:12:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Obvious hit piece is obvious.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 12:14:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why can't he get cancer already?
View Quote

Because only the good die young.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 12:19:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 1:07:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Has Bloomberg disarmed his body guards yet to set the example?
If not his is a fucking hypocrite and needs to just STFU.
That should be our only dialog to him from here on out...same with Feinswine.

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 1:10:46 AM EDT
[#7]
i think so,That should be our only dialog to him from here on out...same with Feinswine.thankshttp://goo.gl/A8rhF1
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 1:13:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Bloomberg does not do these things for the informed citizen.  He puts out these reports for the low information citizen.  All they will remember is the headline and believe it is true.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 1:45:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Bloomberg does not do these things for the informed citizen.  He puts out these reports for the low information citizen.  All they will remember is the headline and believe it is true.
View Quote

this
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 2:08:54 AM EDT
[#10]
How does he know that these 'high-volume' dealers aren't licensed?
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 2:11:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Fuck Bloomberg
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 2:12:52 AM EDT
[#12]
And how does he know which ads are from the same person? Matching toes in pictures?
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 2:14:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Fuck Bloomberg
View Quote

It's not that he's at it again, he's not going to stop until one of the thugs in his city shoots him with one of their illegal handguns that his laws don't effect.

btw, nice avatar. Loved the original.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 2:18:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

And this is the same reason the media runs the story. Low info voter soundbites to remember the name at the ballot box

Wash, rinse, repeat.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 2:26:08 AM EDT
[#15]
We can at this too.

"New exclusive  report on the Mayors against guns shows massive money laundering scheme in place tied to gun control. "
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 2:29:41 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Fuck Bloomberg
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 2:44:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

this
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

this

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 2:51:39 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
And how does he know which ads are from the same person? Matching toes in pictures?
View Quote

And which ads resulted in a sale?

How much money did he waste on tracking armslist so closely?
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 3:25:32 AM EDT
[#19]
How I found out about AL was because of a story just like this about two years ago.

Thanks Mike!
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 3:30:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
How I found out about AL was because of a story just like this about two years ago.

Thanks Mike!
View Quote

That Facebook thing is becoming a popular gun selling venue too from what I understand. I guess he will go after that next.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 3:32:29 AM EDT
[#21]
I check armslist several times a day and I do see people with 5 or 6 recent listings and guns that were a good deal reposted for a much higher price. That said I also sell a lot through there because if I want to try something new I have to sell something because I dont have a bunch of money.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 3:38:58 AM EDT
[#22]
Bloomberg has one objective, and its not gun control...............it's control, period..............because he "thinks" he knows what is best for all Americans, and thinks he should have the power to regulate the lives of Americans the way he sees fit. Why people give him an opening is beyond me
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 3:40:37 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Indeed
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 3:48:27 AM EDT
[#24]
What is considered 'high volume'?

Is there a limitation on the number of private sales over a given period of time?  No?

Then FOAD Bloomberg

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 4:05:38 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Bloomberg has one objective, and its not gun control...............it's control, period..............because he "thinks" he knows what is best for all Americans, and thinks he should have the power to regulate the lives of Americans the way he sees fit. Why people give him an opening is beyond me
View Quote

He must have been a navy seal

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 4:10:55 AM EDT
[#26]
Too bad he's not as concerned about the price of diesel.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 4:11:52 AM EDT
[#27]
He will never stop, it will get worse when he leaves office.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 4:14:36 AM EDT
[#28]
paging Mr. Reaper.

paging Mr. Reaper.

Will the Grim Reaper please pick up the nearest house phone for an important call.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 4:20:21 AM EDT
[#29]
What constitutes "high volume"?
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 4:35:07 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 4:41:44 AM EDT
[#31]
I can only hope that his credibility has been sufficiently damaged through things like his war on high capacity soft drinks that most people see this and just ignore it.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 4:51:28 AM EDT
[#32]
If they are in violation of the current laws for having a FFL, then why not go arrest them under those laws.  Seems dumb to even bring it up, and thus bring attention to the fact that you are "on to them."
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 4:54:06 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

If they are in violation of the current laws for having a FFL, then why not go arrest them under those laws.  Seems dumb to even bring it up, and thus bring attention to the fact that you are "on to them."
View Quote

They want to eliminate FTF transactions in all states ( at least the ones remaining where it is still legal to do so).

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 4:55:19 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

He will never stop, it will get worse when he leaves office.
View Quote

I won't be surprised is we see a Hilary/Bloomberg or Bloomberg/Hillary ticket.

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 4:55:44 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I can only hope that his credibility has been sufficiently damaged through things like his war on high capacity soft drinks that most people see this and just ignore it.
View Quote

I think only a lunatic would stake their career on following this guy's lead.  He should be anathema to the wiser of the scumbag politicians.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 4:56:52 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

They want to eliminate FTF transactions in all states ( at least the ones remaining where it is still legal to do so).

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This, and I expect it happen nationally before I take my dirt nap as it is the low hanging fruit.  
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:04:04 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
What constitutes "high volume"?
View Quote

1 sale
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:12:13 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Actually, I think he is trying to give the BATFE a nudge toward hammering online sales.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:15:04 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

View Quote

This.

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:15:58 AM EDT
[#40]
FTF sales are legal in this state. He can step in front of a subway.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:17:58 AM EDT
[#41]
He isnt Tier One enough to be an Easter Seal

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:19:36 AM EDT
[#42]
Of course, they ignore the stuff like the page TERMS OF USE

I am 18 years of age or older.
I understand that ARMSLIST DOES NOT become involved in transactions between parties and does not certify, investigate, or in any way guarantee the legal capacity of any party to transact.
I am responsible for obeying all applicable enforcement mechanisms, including, but not limited to federal, state, municipal, and tribal statutes, rules, regulations, ordinances, and judicial decisions, including compliance with all applicable licensing requirements.
I will not use Armslist.com for any illegal purpose.

And if you click on 'Do Not Agree" it tosses you to Google.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:20:51 AM EDT
[#43]
Bloomberg is a liar, and he's ugly.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:22:33 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

It's not that he's at it again, he's not going to stop until one of the thugs in his city shoots him with one of their illegal handguns that his laws don't effect.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck Bloomberg

What's that movie with Tupac and Janet Jackson?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:32:04 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Is there a limitation on the number of private sales over a given period of time?  No?

Then FOAD Bloomberg

View Quote

I dont believe there is a physical limit, but ATF can build a case on high volume FTF sales if they can prove you're only buying and reselling for profit. This constitutes that you are "in the business of selling firearms" and must have an FFL in their eyes.

When I worked in an FFL we did have ATF agents come in and cehck on several people would would transfer in multiple's of the same guns that was obvious they were reselling. Guy who transferred in 5 PS90's in the same time comes to mind, mostly because he is in prison now for dealing without a liscense.

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:44:32 AM EDT
[#46]
He loves the cock.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 7:02:26 AM EDT
[#47]
So if I buy lots of guns and sell them at a loss, then I am a dealer?
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 7:04:58 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I dont believe there is a physical limit, but ATF can build a case on high volume FTF sales if they can prove you're only buying and reselling for profit. This constitutes that you are "in the business of selling firearms" and must have an FFL in their eyes.

When I worked in an FFL we did have ATF agents come in and cehck on several people would would transfer in multiple's of the same guns that was obvious they were reselling. Guy who transferred in 5 PS90's in the same time comes to mind, mostly because he is in prison now for dealing without a liscense.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then FOAD Bloomberg

i thought the limit was 12 a year.. or something of the sort..
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 7:07:21 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 7:08:48 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
So if I buy lots of guns and sell them at a loss, then I am a dealer?
View Quote

If you intent when buying them was to immediately post them for sale then probably.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top