BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 7:09:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

i thought the limit was 12 a year.. or something of the sort..
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What is considered 'high volume'?

Is there a limitation on the number of private sales over a given period of time?  No?

Then FOAD Bloomberg

I dont believe there is a physical limit, but ATF can build a case on high volume FTF sales if they can prove you're only buying and reselling for profit. This constitutes that you are "in the business of selling firearms" and must have an FFL in their eyes.

When I worked in an FFL we did have ATF agents come in and cehck on several people would would transfer in multiple's of the same guns that was obvious they were reselling. Guy who transferred in 5 PS90's in the same time comes to mind, mostly because he is in prison now for dealing without a liscense.

I may be wrong, but the definition of "Dealer" is very subjective which gets a lot of people in trouble.  But then again, how do you imprison someone for legally selling some of his own stuff?
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 7:10:11 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I may be wrong, but the definition of "Dealer" is very subjective which gets a lot of people in trouble.  But then again, how do you imprison someone for legally selling some of his own stuff?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is there a limitation on the number of private sales over a given period of time?  No?

Then FOAD Bloomberg

I dont believe there is a physical limit, but ATF can build a case on high volume FTF sales if they can prove you're only buying and reselling for profit. This constitutes that you are "in the business of selling firearms" and must have an FFL in their eyes.

When I worked in an FFL we did have ATF agents come in and cehck on several people would would transfer in multiple's of the same guns that was obvious they were reselling. Guy who transferred in 5 PS90's in the same time comes to mind, mostly because he is in prison now for dealing without a liscense.

Intent
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 7:11:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

If you intent when buying them was to immediately post them for sale then probably.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So if I buy lots of guns and sell them at a loss, then I am a dealer?

If you intent when buying them was to immediately post them for sale then probably.

(A) any person engaged in the business of selling firearms at wholesale or retail,

It would be a terrible business model, but by the definition you are probably right.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 7:11:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Bloomy's vag smells like week old fish that has been left out in 100 degree sunny weather in a trash dump next to a skunk carcass depository in Mexico.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 7:12:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Intent
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then FOAD Bloomberg

Intent

So you have to submit yourself to the government's mind reading machine to determine intent.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 7:15:30 AM EDT
[#6]
^^^^ they decide for you
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 7:16:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Is a heart attack in front of a moving truck to much to ask for
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 7:18:31 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
So you have to submit yourself to the government's mind reading machine to determine intent.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Intent

Don't worry citizen, it's for your own good
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 7:20:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Listen and understand. That Bloomberg is out there. He can't be bargained with. He can't be reasoned with. He doesnt feel pity, remorse, or anything but fear. And he absolutely will not stop until your rights are dead.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 7:20:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

This, and I expect it happen nationally before I take my dirt nap as it is the low hanging fruit.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
If they are in violation of the current laws for having a FFL, then why not go arrest them under those laws.  Seems dumb to even bring it up, and thus bring attention to the fact that you are "on to them."

They want to eliminate FTF transactions in all states ( at least the ones remaining where it is still legal to do so).

This, and I expect it happen nationally before I take my dirt nap as it is the low hanging fruit.  

Private sales are extremely important. Without them gov't becomes the gatekeeper of the 2A for the younger generations, which is just wrong.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 7:40:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
How does he know that these 'high-volume' dealers aren't licensed?
View Quote

Why let a trivial thing like facts and the truth get in your way.

FMB
FBHO
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 10:16:45 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I won't be surprised is we see a Hilary/Bloomberg or Bloomberg/Hillary ticket.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

He will never stop, it will get worse when he leaves office.

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 12:03:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He will never stop, it will get worse when he leaves office.

Negative.

Bloomberg's ego is too big for such a thing. So's Hillary's.

Now Bloomberg may run for Prez and if he does my guess is as an "Independent".

I don't think he'd ever get the Repub nomination and the Dems aren't going to let him in the party either.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top