Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/12/2013 10:08:21 PM EDT
Got an HK .45C and i'm looking into buying a threaded barrel for it. I've never done this before because in the past if i ever wanted a tactical model i would just buy that...
But i acquired a new HK .45C for an awesome price & now i want to get a threaded barrel for it.

What i don't understand though is that on my HK, the serial number is on the original barrel.
And so if i buy a new threaded barrel from HKparts.com, how can i legally use it with my weapon without a matching serial number?

Thanks!
M4-CQBR

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 10:09:52 PM EDT
[#1]
The serial numbers don't have to match. You can swap out to whatever barrel you want, just make sure you buy an O ring to go with that new Threaded barrel.

Enjoy.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 10:09:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, the receiver is the only part required to have a serial number.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 10:11:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Because unless it is a law where you live, the serial number on the barrel does not have to match the serial number on the frame of the firearm.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 10:15:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Cool. Thank you... I didn't know this - but i knew someone here would-

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 10:15:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The serial numbers don't have to match. You can swap out to whatever barrel you want, just make sure you buy an O ring to go with that new Threaded barrel.

Enjoy.
View Quote

This i did know-
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 10:16:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Suppressor already lined up for it or that the next purchase?
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 10:19:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Suppressor already lined up for it or that the next purchase?
View Quote

Got a Brügger & Thomet .45cal suppressor- been using it on my HK .45 Tactical since 2005 but i'm gonna part with that pretty soon...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top