Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/12/2013 9:24:22 PM EDT
your dog be shown your body so she knows that you have died and didn't abandon her,

or for your dog to not see your body and spend the rest of her life waiting for you to come home, wondering why you abandoned her?

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 9:35:23 PM EDT
[#1]
story about a dag in Japan whos owner died away from whee the dag could see and in fact did wait for the owner to come home

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 9:36:08 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

story about a dag in Japan whos owner died away from whee the dag could see

View Quote

I would not care, I am dead.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 9:37:37 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 9:38:41 PM EDT
[#4]
I'd hate to have my Dag drug down to the morgue and have to go though all of that.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 9:38:53 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd rather he see my body, otherwise he might think I'm a time traveling asshole who abandoned him.

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 9:41:21 PM EDT
[#6]
The former.

Recent story of a local woman here who was walking her dog on one of the local trails when she had a heart attack. Called for medics but by the time they got there she had already passed. It was reported that the dog waited by her side the whole time.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 9:42:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Dogs understand death. Being abandoned not so much. So I'd rather mine saw me, sniffed around, understood I was dead and didn't just go away.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 9:43:47 PM EDT
[#8]
as long as you didn't wake him up for it.

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 9:44:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Well, of course I would not care once I am dead, but my dog is family and I tell family about my wishes if I were to suddenly die.

I just can't decide whether knowing of my death or thinking I abandoned her would be worse.

We have been inseparable buddies for 10 years. She really is my best friend. She is family, not livestock.

And yes, I would enter a burning building to try to save her.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 9:47:25 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Well, of course I would not care once I am dead, but my dog is family and I tell family about my wishes if I were to suddenly die.

I just can't decide whether knowing of my death or thinking I abandoned her would be worse.

We have been inseparable buddies for 10 years. She really is my best friend. She is family, not livestock.

View Quote
Be careful

Delaware man dies trying to rescue dogs from fire

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:11:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Be nice for my canine friends to see me off, but don't turn a blind eye to my AB. She might try to use my carcass as a chew toy.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:13:18 AM EDT
[#12]
I'd rather she know I am dead than to be waiting for my eventual return.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:13:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Dogs understand death. Being abandoned not so much. So I'd rather mine saw me, sniffed around, understood I was dead and didn't just go away.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:16:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
story about a dag in Japan whos owner died away from whee the dag could see and in fact did wait for the owner to come home

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hachi:_A_Dog's_Tale

View Quote

That movie is sad as fuck.

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:23:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The former.

Recent story of a local woman here who was walking her dog on one of the local trails when she had a heart attack. Called for medics but by the time they got there she had already passed. It was reported that the dog waited by her side the whole time.
View Quote

Yeah, waiting for her to rot so he could roll around in her.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:23:23 AM EDT
[#16]
I'd want my 5 dag's to see my body and know whats up.

They're a loyal pack of 4 legged hoodlum's & know the sound of my car when I get home and when I get up so I wouldnt want them to think I abandoned the lot
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:43:47 AM EDT
[#17]
I don't think my dog would care either way.  She's only somewhat loyal to the wife and growls at me when come to bed late when her and the wife are already sleeping.  She's a little bitch dog and would drop you in an instant to go greet/kiss some strangers ass.  Whenever we have company over the dog wants to cuddle with them.  Think maybe she wants out of the family.

She's a Cavachon (Bichon/Cavalier King Charles mix).  An 18lb friendly cuddle dog.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:10:43 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 8:38:54 AM EDT
[#19]
I don't have a dog, and my cat would bond with someone else.

I'd be more worried and concerned with how my death hurt my HUMAN relatives/friends.

Dogs, jeez.  Who gives a shit how they feel after you're dead?  THEY'RE DOGS.

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 8:39:27 AM EDT
[#20]
I don't have a dog
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 8:40:14 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I'd be more worried and concerned with how my death hurt my HUMAN relatives/friends.

View Quote

I guess you never had a dog.  Dogs morn too.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 8:41:19 AM EDT
[#22]
Actually, I'm hoping to outlive the dog.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 8:41:54 AM EDT
[#23]
My roommate's dog would be curious so I would want him to see me. I'm certain he would be very sad.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 8:41:57 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

let me guess, you don't have life insurance either

I would want my dags to be able to see me
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 8:48:40 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

and its a very sad film..
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 8:52:22 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't take this the wrong way, I understand you and a lot of other people are emotionally invested in your animals.  I respect the fact that you care very deeply about them.

I don't feel that they're more important than the humans in my life, and I'm not particularly worried about how the animals in my life will react when I'm gone... because they're animals.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 8:53:47 AM EDT
[#27]
There was a guy in Colorado who committed suicide near a popular shooting spot. The dog stayed with him, leaving only to catch rabbits to live on.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 8:54:31 AM EDT
[#28]
Well he'd have to see my dead body. How else is he going to ID me?
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 8:55:18 AM EDT
[#29]
I would want my lab to attend my funeral and understand I'm gone.  That way he could jump on all the sad people and get white hair all over their formal clothes

I wouldn't want a formal sad funeral, and my goofy ass lab would help break that up.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 8:55:26 AM EDT
[#30]
My dog really wouldn't care all that much.  She's not really mine anyway.  And the cat just don't got time for that.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 8:56:26 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah.  I'll go with this.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 8:56:29 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'll go along with this.

My pups are all rescues.  I'd hate them to think of me as someone else that abandoned them.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 8:57:17 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

My dog still carries my late wife's socks around and whines.  They had one visit in the hospital before my wife died, and I've taken her to the cemetery, but clearly she doesn't understand why Momma hasn't come home.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 8:57:43 AM EDT
[#34]
Your dog doesnt understand the dif between you being gone 2 min or 2 hours.  

But let em see
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 8:57:51 AM EDT
[#35]
The little fuckers would try to eat my corpse.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 8:59:24 AM EDT
[#36]
I would want my boy to know.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 9:01:02 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

But let em see
View Quote

You have never seen the videos of troops returning from a deployment and seeing their dogs obviously
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 9:01:42 AM EDT
[#38]
I'd want my dog to know I'm dead. He's looking out the window for me waiting every single day when I come home. Anybody see that animation by Maximillian the Terminal Lance guy (A Dog and his Boy)?

Quoted:
Be careful  

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/local&id=9319948

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Be careful  

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/local&id=9319948

If his dog(s) matter more to him than anybody else in his life could you blame him?
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 9:02:41 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep. That's what I came to post. If you want to have a snot slinging cry in your beer session, this is the movie that'll get it done.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 9:04:45 AM EDT
[#40]
Gotta be honest. I haven't given that one any thought.

I'm probably not going to, either.

I'm not really a big fan of our dog.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 9:05:40 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

It's probably best that you stick with cats.

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 9:05:45 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

But let em see
View Quote

You've never owned a dog or you've owned dumb affectionate ones.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 9:07:07 AM EDT
[#43]
Brb gonna go hug my pup.

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 9:09:04 AM EDT
[#44]
HMV records
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 9:10:17 AM EDT
[#45]
When my mom died I brought both the dog and cat into the room.

The dog quickly hurried out and was sad for many days.

They know.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 9:15:22 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Don't take this the wrong way, I understand you and a lot of other people are emotionally invested in your animals.  I respect the fact that you care very deeply about them.

I don't feel that they're more important than the humans in my life, and I'm not particularly worried about how the animals in my life will react when I'm gone... because they're animals.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is there some reason you can only care about one or the other?
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 9:16:21 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck yeah it is.  Wife thought this would be a good movie to watch on my birthday, while we were on vacation several hundred miles away from our dogs, day 1 of vacation.  I have never cried watching a movie like that.

I've been to that train station in Japan, wish I had remembered it when I was there.  I would have taken a photo of the statue.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 9:16:37 AM EDT
[#48]
My dog lives with my parents, I dont think he would really care all that much. He knows me and loves me but he will walk up and love anyone.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 9:17:47 AM EDT
[#49]
I have 2 dogs Gracie has been with us for 5 years, Mojo will be with us 4 yrs in Feb. When I die I want Mojo to be put down. He has a rough time if he is not with me. Gracie the wife can decide but I doubt wife could handle her. If I have cancer or something like it that gives me months to live I will have both dogs put down myself as my end nears.
I am 71 wife is a few years younger but suffers from Crohn's when she is in the middle of one of her sessions there is no way she could care for a dog. She has spent 3 days in a row throwing up during a session she would not even have the strength to open a door to let it out then back in much less feed a dog.
We have no family living near us and she would not want a friend to be around when she is suffering.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 9:20:30 AM EDT
[#50]
Let her see me... They know.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top