Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/12/2013 8:25:59 PM EDT
Cabela's has them on sale for $319. Is this generator any good?

If I got one, it would be used for running power tools and emergency backup (refrigerator, radio, and a couple lights).

ETA link: Champion 3500 Weekender @ Cabelas
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 8:33:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I could be 100% wrong (per usual) but I seem to recall reading that the same Chinese company that makes the HF Predator motors also makes the Champion motors.

Take that with 100 lbs of salt though.

Which isn't a bad thing.  The HF generator I have is superb for the money.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 9:24:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I could be 100% wrong (per usual) but I seem to recall reading that the same Chinese company that makes the HF Predator motors also makes the Champion motors.
View Quote

And you would be 100 percent wrong.

Champion Power Equipment stuff is made in China, but in their own factory, to their own specs. Typically, the engine parts have "CPE" stamped on them. They are a US-owned company, headquartered in California, with a very good reputation for customer service.

Probably the biggest disadvantage with the Cabella's "Weekender" model is that it's 120 volt only. If you occasionally also need 240 volts to operate a well pump, welder, clothesdrier, etc., you might also take a look at this model - pretty close to the same price, but the wheel kit is an extra-cost option.

Lowe's also has a nice 120 volt only version that includes a nifty "Intelligauge" digital volts/frequency/engine running hours meter.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top