Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/12/2013 7:42:25 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 8:06:36 PM EDT
[#1]
The sad part is his nightmares most likely won't stop. One of my good buddies did a few tours in back in 05-06 time frame. Kinda freaks ya out when he passes out after we went out drinking all night and he is crying and speaking Arabic in his sleep. Still struggles with it to this day.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 8:14:16 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The sad part is his nightmares most likely won't stop. One of my good buddies did a few tours in back in 05-06 time frame. Kinda freaks ya out when he passes out after we went out drinking all night and he is crying and speaking Arabic in his sleep. Still struggles with it to this day.
View Quote
One of my neighbors back home was on the GI bill going to ASU. We'd talk a good bit while smoking cigarettes outside and became friends. About once a month he would get really drunk. He'd chug a bottle of whiskey. While sober, he would not talk about his service aside from when he went to Iraq and what unit he was in (I was polite enough to never bring it up, but many of the other neighbors were not). One night, after drinking a hole bottle of Jameson, he got the "thousand yard stare" and started talking about combat, along with stories of how his friends died. It was truly surreal.

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 8:24:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
One of my neighbors back home was on the GI bill going to ASU. We'd talk a good bit while smoking cigarettes outside and became friends. About once a month he would get really drunk. He'd chug a bottle of whiskey. While sober, he would not talk about his service aside from when he went to Iraq and what unit he was in (I was polite enough to never bring it up, but many of the other neighbors were not). One night, after drinking a hole bottle of Jameson, he got the "thousand yard stare" and started talking about combat, along with stories of how his friends died. It was truly surreal.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its something I wouldn't wish on anyone. The friend I posted about would openly talk about his tours. Some of the more descriptive stuff that had happened to him over there would come out when he was heavily drinking and was usually a sign he was going to have an episode. I have a few other friends that went over a few times as well but they don't talk about it. I asked them about it one night when we were all hanging out and they didn't care to talk about it at all and to respect their wishes I never brought it up again.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 9:04:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 9:22:35 PM EDT
[#5]
That was powerful.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 9:21:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Bump for the day crew.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 2:01:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Final bump for the dinner crowd.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 2:22:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Powerful video and great song.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 2:28:42 PM EDT
[#9]
That was outstanding.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top