Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 12/12/2013 5:04:23 PM EDT
I can NOT believe I just saw a thread get locked over this sort of immature garbage.  It's unacceptable, and I'm not going to be affiliated with it.

If for no other purpose, I'm writing this post just so nobody else on the internet might confuse me for being associated with some of you grade-A douchebags.

Fuck.

By way of recap, there's a short documentary here about the family of a girl killed at Sandy Hook last year.  The title is "Evil Did Not Win."  Enlightenme556 was kind enough to share it with us, and for that he has my thanks.  It's worth watching and its message is good.

However, a few of you knuckledraggers (and you know who you are), apparently had some problem with it.  Even if it had just been conspiracy nonsense, that might have been forgivable, but no...  no, some of you limp-dicked motherfuckers actively mocked that poor family, shit on their faith, and said some downright evil, nasty shit and for what?  Because you're upset about politicians being jackoffs?

And THIS is our fucking problem as a nation.

You know, 10,000 people in the US die every single day, and every single one of those lives is irreplacable and precious.

Death is hard, and is sometimes a tragedy, but it is not the end.  Maybe you believe in heaven, maybe you don't, but either way, the death of one of us, or 26 of us, or 10,000 of us is not the end of what we believe and what we stand for as a nation.

That family, heroes to a person, carries on because they believe in something greater than themselves.  Maybe you don't agree with their flavor of faith, but its power remains indisputable.  They carry on.  They give good back to the world despite what the world has done to them.

And you know, excuse me for being fucking sentimental, but I thought that's what Americans did.  I thought we were all about freedom for everyone, no exceptions.  I thought we were about life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.  I thought we were about helping other nations - be it Fascism in Europe, a typhoon through the Phillippines, a hurricane through Haiti, Communism in Korea or Vietnam, hunger in Africa or whatever else - when they need it most.  We serve mankind without any prospects or expectations of repayment.

I thought America was the fucking place we have a huge damn statue that says "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses YEARNING TO BREATHE FREE!"
We build monuments to these ideas, and our works are mighty and good.

That's what I fuckin believe in, and I proudly stand by my oath to put my life on the line for all of it.

But oh no, some of you assholes are apparently too damn concerned about some handful of unamerican douchebags taking your shit to stop and remember to be Americans yourselves.

You think that's not exactly what they want?  You don't think that right there is the work of evil?  That something like this can turn your hearts cold, and have you look away from the good in this world because you just want to try to fight evil with more evil?

I'll tell you right now, that shit doesn't work.  You fight evil with evil, and evil fucking wins either way.  That's not how we do shit in this America that I know and love.

So what if a bunch of people in Congress are assholes?  Doesn't give you any right to be one, too.

Some of you must have forgotten what we stand for; that's the only half reasonable excuse.

So do us the courtesy and yourselves the favor of keeping your mouths shut until you remember.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:05:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Bro, take a breath....  and maybe a break.     Internet asshatery is not worth it.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:07:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:07:55 PM EDT
[#3]
/..
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:08:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I love you so much.

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:09:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Preach it.

Glad I skipped that one.

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:09:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
CSB

View Quote

This is what he was talking about and by that pistol icon  you are some how part of the shooting community at a professional level

Even if you did not agree with his post you could have just clicked the back button....

But could not resist the jab

What are you a five year old?
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:10:09 PM EDT
[#7]
That was written pretty well. I didn't see the thread that it was about but taken on its own I liked it.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:11:03 PM EDT
[#8]

I saw that thread. It was full of and
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:11:24 PM EDT
[#9]
" no, some of you limp-dicked motherfuckers actively mocked that poor family, shit on their faith, and said some downright evil, nasty shit"

I see this crap on all kinds of forums. Vermin that are way too PC to talk shit about gays, blacks, fat people, ~ any group, you get the picture ~ now think nothing about spouting vile crap about anything to do with faith in God.

The age of enlightenment.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:12:04 PM EDT
[#10]
So well said...
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:12:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Oh, this so calls for potato salad.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:13:08 PM EDT
[#12]
That thread was going down hill fast on the first page. I just walked away.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:13:12 PM EDT
[#13]
This place is great in so many ways but so bad in far too many others.

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:13:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

This is what he was talking about and by that pistol icon  you are some how part of the shooting community at a professional level

Even if you did not agree with his post you could have just clicked the back button....

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
CSB

Nice personal attack to prove your point.

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:14:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Didn't see the other thread.

However, I needed this reminder, and not only for here, but for my day-to-day.

Thanks OP.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:14:40 PM EDT
[#16]
I agree with you 100%.  A lot of people here that if I met them in person, I'm sure I would have no use for them. I saw the thread in question. Did not click it. I just knew the stupid would be running amok.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:15:14 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm glad I avoided that thread. Was pretty sure what it would degenerate to.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:15:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:16:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:17:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:17:42 PM EDT
[#21]
You tell 'em Steve-Dave
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:17:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Missed the thread but I can imagine the derp.  Bravo on your post.... I'd post the applause.gif but I'm on a tablet.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:17:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
So well said...
View Quote

Thanks OP.

I'm about 20 minutes south of the event and get to live by the new rules imposed because of the event.

Yes, I know folks who lost family.

God Bless.

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:18:00 PM EDT
[#24]
"Thanks Trojan Man!"
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:18:58 PM EDT
[#25]
You might be taking GD (and the internet) a little too seriously and a little too personally.

Also my tablet doesn't let me type the correct form of "too" for some reason.  
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:19:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Preach it.

Glad I skipped that one.

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:19:17 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Fixed.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh, this so calls for German potato salad.

Fixed.

Maybe Northern German.  But you keep that vinegar crap to yourself.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:19:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Well said.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:20:00 PM EDT
[#29]
You always need to remember that arfcom attracts undesirables. Unfortunately the gun culture appeals to some real scumbags.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:20:48 PM EDT
[#30]
I didn't see the other thread and if it was locked then there likely was a lot of trolling going on.

The video seems like a nice tribute.  If they want to focus on the good in this world, that's great too.  I'd have to do the same or go crazy.  

As long as that's as far as they take it then I'm not sure what wrong anyone could find in it.  However, the moment they try to use the girl's murder to push an anti-gun agenda is when the gloves come off.  I don't know if *this* particular family stood by Obama and danced in their daughter's blood so I won't make any more comments on the matter.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:21:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:21:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:22:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

How was that a personal attack?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
CSB

Nice personal attack to prove your point.

How was that a personal attack?

My bad. I didn't realize he was, in fact, talking to a five year old.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:22:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Well said
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:22:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Sums it up nicely, than you OP.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:23:13 PM EDT
[#36]

Thanks for the reminder that not everyone here thinks like that.  

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:23:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Good summary, OP.

Some people in GD simply can't help themselves and use every opportunity to show how badass and callous they are, as if it's some badge of honor.
View Quote

This.

GD - "you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy".

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:23:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Thank you, TrojanMan.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:23:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Can I be your boyfriend?

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:25:46 PM EDT
[#40]
May I subscribe to your newsletter? Bud, don't let this get you so worked up.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:26:18 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

This.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good summary, OP.

Some people in GD simply can't help themselves and use every opportunity to show how badass and callous they are, as if it's some badge of honor.

This.

But then you get threads like Jeff's.  Ying and yang.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:26:20 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I didn't see the other thread and if it was locked then there likely was a lot of trolling going on.

The video seems like a nice tribute.  If they want to focus on the good in this world, that's great too.  I'd have to do the same or go crazy.  

As long as that's as far as they take it then I'm not sure what wrong anyone could find in it.  However, the moment they try to use the girl's murder to push an anti-gun agenda is when the gloves come off.  I don't know if *this* particular family stood by Obama and danced in their daughter's blood so I won't make any more comments on the matter.

View Quote

The girl's father is Robbie Parker.

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:27:28 PM EDT
[#43]
GD is full of idiots and people with a veritable buffet table of profound personality disorders acting out behind the wall of anonymity that is the Internet.

Check.

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:27:55 PM EDT
[#44]
Well said.

Believe it or not, this place used to have a lot more people with those beliefs.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:28:08 PM EDT
[#45]
That's a fine post, bro.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:29:28 PM EDT
[#46]
OP, that was incredibly well said.  Civility and respect often perish at the keyboard.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:30:47 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:30:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Well said

But remember it is the Internet and some use the keyboard and anonymity to be assholes.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:31:04 PM EDT
[#49]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1iV24hL8Rk
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:31:32 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
OP, that was incredibly well said.  Civility and respect often perish at the keyboard.
View Quote

Civility and respect often perish when using ANY sort of communication medium.

99.9% of the shit-talking that people do here, wouldn't do it IRL.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top