Page / 2
Posted: 12/12/2013 12:01:52 PM EDT
Are we doomed ? The good go bad and the bad guys go good
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 12:02:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Fuck them both.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 12:05:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Boner was good at one time? Must have been between crying sessions and rolling over for Barrack.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 12:06:27 PM EDT
[#3]
How about a link?

I agree though.  End the ethanol requirement and stop giving taxpayer money to that industry.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 12:07:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Sometimes liars speak the truth.

It doesn't mean you start trusting them again.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 12:08:20 PM EDT
[#5]

Feinstein is against ethanol

What the fuck is going on
She can still fuck off
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 12:13:35 PM EDT
[#7]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Feinstein is against ethanol

What the fuck is going on

She can still fuck off
View Quote

She's probably invested in one of them "revolutionary" biofuel technologies that needs those ethanol subsidies.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 12:14:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the link.  Why did it take them so long to understand this?  It never should have been implemented.

PS, cut the EPA budget about 90% so maybe they will quit making stupid rules.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 12:17:07 PM EDT
[#9]
At this point in time, I don't care who the fuck introduces the bill. Even if it's shitpig herself.

But holy fucking cow,  Ethanol fucks -everyone- in the United States. Democrat, Republic, Libertarian.

The EPA also needs restrained. And then maybe the US economy will grow.

But this is a huge step in the right direction.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 12:39:41 PM EDT
[#10]
The political landscape in this country has been "fucked" for a long time, and there is no hope in sight. We can only prepare for the inevitable crash
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 12:43:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Every legislative move fucksyein makes is a shakedown.  She will suddenly change her position when they come up with her payoff.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 12:54:02 PM EDT
[#12]
corn fuel sucks.....it needs to go away
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 12:56:04 PM EDT
[#13]
The world must be ending.  I actually agree with the wicked witch of the west coast.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 12:57:10 PM EDT
[#14]
What a coincidence - I'm against Boehner, Feinstein and ethanol!!!
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 12:57:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Tis an ill wind that blows no one any good.  Ethanol does not fuck everyone.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 1:00:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ethanol is one of the worst and most inefficient ideas ever.  Costs more to make than gas, lower energy content than gas, drives up food prices and ruins small engines.  It needs to go away.  The only people who like it are corn farmers.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 1:07:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Feinstein must have gotten out of the corn biz; now she's against ethanol.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 1:09:16 PM EDT
[#18]

There is debate on whether we actually get more energy than is used to make ethanol.  It's a big industry besides the farmers.

It did drive up commodity prices, which I liked, cause I actually got paid for my crops for awhile.  I think that's over already.

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 1:10:00 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

View Quote

I don't think a lot of corn is grown in Frisco.

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 1:10:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is the most likely answer. Politics driven by profit is/has been the name of the game. Sadly

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 1:12:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Fuck them both all.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 1:13:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 1:13:24 PM EDT
[#23]
This is a day I never thought I'd see, I actually agree with Feinswine about something.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 1:14:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Feinstein against ethanol...I...I...I feel dirty.  I agree with something Feinstein has to say...I'm going t go lay down.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 1:15:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
This is a day I never thought I'd see, I actually agree with Feinswine about something.
View Quote

Don't get excited. They'll just replace ethanol with something even worse.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 1:16:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 1:16:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ermm..incorrect.  ...14 billion gallons of ethanol mandate is welfare for farmers disguised as a false industry.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 1:18:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
There is debate on whether we actually get more energy than is used to make ethanol.  It's a big industry besides the farmers.

It did drive up commodity prices, which I liked, cause I actually got paid for my crops for awhile.  I think that's over already.

View Quote

Booo hooo, find an industry you get paid for if you can't make a buck on crops... don't legislate yourself a mandated industry.  You are no better than the welfare leaches with that thinking.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 1:21:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Boner's lost his ability to surprise me, but the Wicked Witch of the West saying something that makes sense?

Fuck… I got nuthin.  
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 1:22:14 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Ermm..incorrect.  ...14 billion gallons of ethanol mandate is welfare for farmers disguised as a false industry.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

They don't give a shit about farmers.  It's for "air quality".

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 1:25:41 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Booo hooo, find an industry you get paid for if you can't make a buck on crops... don't legislate yourself a mandated industry.  You are no better than the welfare leaches with that thinking.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I actually don't give a fuck about crops or anything else these days.  I ain't whining.  You might be if you actually ever went hungry though.

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 1:25:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bullshit the agriculture lobby had a ton to do with the EPA ethanol mandate.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 1:26:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I actually don't give a fuck about crops or anything else these days.  I ain't whining.  You might be if you actually ever went hungry though.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let the free market decide how much food should cost.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 1:27:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Ethanol is one of the worst and most inefficient ideas ever.  Costs more to make than gas, lower energy content than gas, drives up food prices and ruins small engines.  It needs to go away.  The only people who like it are corn farmers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And it takes a hell of a lot of water to make it.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 1:27:34 PM EDT
[#35]
I don't care who does it. E15 needs to be killed NOW.

I am not going to replace my vehicles with new ecoshitboxes and go into debt. E15 would completely destroy the engines.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 1:28:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

It fucks everyone that isn't growing corn.  The corn growers push for it anyway.  They push to fuck me, and they shouldn't be at all surprised when I push to fuck them back.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 1:29:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

It fucks everyone that isn't growing corn.  The corn growers push for it anyway.  They push to fuck me, and they shouldn't be at all surprised when I push to fuck them back.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep. My much-loved do-everything truck is a 1998 Toyota.

E15 would completely fuck up the simple, reliable V6 in it and kill it.

So fuck the corn subsidy suckers that want it.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 1:33:36 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't grow corn, but I do grow malt barley.  All the small grains are a little fungible, the price of barley got drug up with the corn.

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 1:36:16 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Every legislative move fucksyein makes is a shakedown.  She will suddenly change her position when they come up with her payoff.
View Quote

Ethanol is one of the few remaining policy areas where the divide truly is regional and not ideological.  Midwest congressmen all love ethanol, Republican OR Democrat.  More urban based politicians see it as straight up subsidies for rural folks - the whole "Red states get more back from the Feds than Blue states" argument.  But the importance of the Iowa caucuses means that EVERY presidential candidate will pe pro-ethanol, and the party's platforms reflect that.

This is regional politics, not conservative vs. liberal.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 1:42:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Ethanol is one of the few remaining policy areas where the divide truly is regional and not ideological.  Midwest congressmen all love ethanol, Republican OR Democrat.  More urban based politicians see it as straight up subsidies for rural folks - the whole "Red states get more back from the Feds than Blue states" argument.  But the importance of the Iowa caucuses means that EVERY presidential candidate will pe pro-ethanol, and the party's platforms reflect that.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Most people are just too selfish or ignorant to understand welfare when they are the ones receiving it.  I have lots of friends that farm due to my love of bird hunting.  It is amazing to listen to them cuss Obungo care but at the same time talk about putting as much land as they physically can in corn.

They will cuss the FSA the loudest, yet the very industry that supports them is part of the FSA.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 1:47:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dude I'm in the cattle business. I grow some grain but mostly just do cattle and hay.

It sky rocketed my feed costs and my hay costs. Given I sold barn clean out rounds for $65 a pop which made me happy but I know it costs me more in the long run.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 1:50:50 PM EDT
[#42]
The cops are against the robbers, The laws are against the cops
Justice is against the system, And some people are blowing their tops
The horse is against the automobile, The bus is against the train
The train is against the jumbo jet, And I’m against fishing in the rain
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 1:51:00 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Most people are just to selfish or ignorant to understand welfare when they are the ones receiving it.  I have lots of friends that farm due to my love of bird hunting.  It is amazing to listen to them cuss Obungo care but at the same time talk about putting as much land as they physically can in corn.

They will cuss the FSA the loudest, yet the very industry that supports them is part of the FSA.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Most people are just to selfish or ignorant to understand welfare when they are the ones receiving it.  I have lots of friends that farm due to my love of bird hunting.  It is amazing to listen to them cuss Obungo care but at the same time talk about putting as much land as they physically can in corn.

Cmon.  Most farmers have a generational investment.  They own land, machinery, livestock, etc.  That is hardly comparable to a check for sitting

in the hood watching Oprah.  Farmers never got the subsidy, the blenders did.  And that expired.  No one gets a fucking ethanol subsidy.

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 1:52:44 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Dude I'm in the cattle business. I grow some grain but mostly just do cattle and hay.

It sky rocketed my feed costs and my hay costs. Given I sold barn clean out rounds for $65 a pop which made me happy but I know it costs me more in the long run.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I know, we grow hay and cattle.  It helped hay and hurt the hell out of cattle.  It's no different than Obamacare, none of us have any control over this shit.

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 1:54:44 PM EDT
[#45]
The center cannot hold.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 1:57:17 PM EDT
[#46]
I think our two party system should be Socialists (democraps) versus the Good Guys (Tea Party). The republicans can FOAD, they're just RINO's anyway.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 1:57:59 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Cmon.  Most farmers have a generational investment.  They own land, machinery, livestock, etc.  That is hardly comparable to a check for sitting

in the hood watching Oprah.  Farmers never got the subsidy, the blenders did.  And that expired.  No one gets a fucking ethanol subsidy.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did I ever say anything about a subsidy?  I said mandate.  Ethanol is mandated to the tune of 12-14 billion gallons.  Know what  that creates?  A false market.  You know what an ethanol mandate is very similar to?  A health care mandate...i.e. Obungo care.

I'm sure tons of people would love it if they could legislate you must buy X amount of their product...you know what that is....it is legislated theft.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 2:02:56 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Did I ever say anything about a subsidy?  I said mandate.  Ethanol is mandated to the tune of 12-14 billion gallons.  Know what  that creates?  A false market.  You know what an ethanol mandate is very similar to?  A health care mandate...i.e. Obungo care.

i'm sure tons of people would love it if they could legislate you must buy X amount of my product...you know what that is....it is legislated theft.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

i'm sure tons of people would love it if they could legislate you must buy X amount of my product...you know what that is....it is legislated theft.

Hard to argue with that.  But it's the .gov, not farmers doing it.  It's the same as building contractors reaping the benefits of rebates for insulation and

energy efficient windows, no?

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 2:04:01 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nobody in the corn lobby greased her palms (yeeech), so now ethanol is bad for us.

Frankly, I'll fist-fuck Diane in public on new years day for all to see if that miserable cunt gets rid of or lowers the amount of ethanol in gasoline.

no shit
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 2:06:33 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I'm sure tons of people would love it if they could legislate you must buy X amount of their product...you know what that is....it is legislated theft.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Most farmers will never admit they are part of the problems.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top