Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/12/2013 9:30:27 AM EDT
I guess if you order enough stuff it's bound to happen sooner or later.
Ordered a complete upper and build kit on the 26th of Nov. Received tracking # on the 3rd via IM on this site. My account page on manufacturers website indicates both items shipped.

Delivery date was yesterday per UPS. Since uppers come signature required I made sure I was home to accept it. Only build kit shows up. No change on my account page regarding the upper so contact company this morning.
Get a reply asking what was missing. After informing them get a response that their records indicate it was indeed delivered and left and signed at the 'front desk' by someone named XXXXXX.
A: that's not MY name
B: Front desk of what exactly as the delivery address is my residence which is a house.
Yes, company is Palmetto and no I'm not incredibly pissed off because I have no doubt I'll eventually get my upper. Just frustrated as I was all anxious to get this put together and I am an INCREDIBLY impatient person.
For the TLDR folks.
Suck it

Subtotal                    

$359.98                    

Shipping & Handling                    

$22.00                    

Grand Total

$381.98

Palmetto State Armory Enhanced Lower Build Kit - Black

$79.99                    

Ordered: 1

Shipped: 1

$79.99                    

PTAC 16" M4 1:9" M4 Upper with BCG and Charging Handle

$279.99                    

Ordered: 1

Shipped: 1

$279.99                    

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 9:35:24 AM EDT
[#1]
it wasn't fulfilled by USPS by chance was it?  If so, UPS will say the order is delivered and won't track how long it takes to get USPS to get it to you.  I had a package like that, had to pick it up at the Post Office the day after it said delivered on the UPS website.  I have a P.O. Box, so they didn't deliver to my home.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 9:37:19 AM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

it wasn't fulfilled by USPS by chance was it?  If so, UPS will say the order is delivered and won't track how long it takes to get USPS to get it to you.  I had a package like that, had to pick it up at the Post Office the day after it said delivered on the UPS website.  I have a P.O. Box, so they didn't deliver to my home.
View Quote
Not sure why a big box like PSA shipps uppers in would come via USPS and the small box with the build kit would come via UPS but who knows.

Still waiting for a followup from PSA.

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 9:40:00 AM EDT
[#3]
That's one of the reasons I specify a signature is required on everything I order.

Now, someone other than you signed. Since you didn't specify that someone else could sign, no other signature is acceptable. It falls back to the delivery service now.

You can prove that it doesn't match your signature even if the name was the same.

You can charge it back on your credit card if you wish at this point, but I would contact the shipper and find out from them where the driver said he delivered it too.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 9:42:45 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

That's one of the reasons I specify a signature is required on everything I order.

Now, someone other than you signed. Since you didn't specify that someone else could sign, no other signature is acceptable. It falls back to the delivery service now.

You can prove that it doesn't match your signature even if the name was the same.

You can charge it back on your credit card if you wish at this point, but I would contact the shipper and find out from them where the driver said he delivered it too.
View Quote
Looking at the UPS tracking page I noticed the package(s) that were sent weighed 2.8lbs. Obviously NOT an upper assembly and build kit, yet PSA states upper was shipped. I have no idea.

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 9:45:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Your new upper shoots MOA all day.  You should be proud.  You have a very nice upper.

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 9:46:33 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Your new upper shoots MOA all day.  You should be proud.  You have a very nice upper.

View Quote
hahahahaha
prick

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 9:51:06 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm beginning  to think PSA has the most inept shipping department I've ever heard of.

I promised not to say a bad thing about them as I'm still waiting for my order, but good lord people, how do they mis-ship so many packages?

Sounds like someone is asking for a six sigma conference........

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 9:53:46 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I'm beginning  to think PSA has the most inept shipping department I've ever heard of.

I promised not to say a bad thing about them as I'm still waiting for my order, but good lord people, how do they mis-ship so many packages?

Sounds like someone is asking for a six sigma conference........

View Quote
When you do the volume that they have to be doing I would think it's impossible not to have some screw-ups. With that being said.

I WANT MY F'N UPPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 9:53:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Looking at the UPS tracking page I noticed the package(s) that were sent weighed 2.8lbs. Obviously NOT an upper assembly and build kit, yet PSA states upper was shipped. I have no idea.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A couple months ago I had UPS show box dimensions that were no where near what I knew it should be, but the right thing showed up. My best guess was that was a required field and someone just punched some shit in so they could get on with it. So don't let that discourage you just yet.

eta- My 20" PSA upper came in yesterday exactly 2 weeks after ordering it. They never emailed me about it shipping though, I only figured it out on Monday when I logged in to check on it and it said "order completed" and had a tracking number.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 9:55:14 AM EDT
[#10]
yep, may have to start calling with some questions myself.

2.8 lbs, delivered to front door (I was here and got it), and it was the BCGs I ordered the same day as the uppers w/o BCG.

PSA shows one tracking number for both items.... both shipped... status-delivered.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 9:55:56 AM EDT
[#11]
In the end, I still get to keep it right?
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 9:57:38 AM EDT
[#12]
I forgot to mention as well.

When I opened the box with the build kit the invoice inside had the upper listed with one caveat.

It looked like this:

So did they ship it and the packer scratched it off to indicate the order had been filled or does it mean it wasn't shipped??????

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 9:59:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Not sure why a big box like PSA shipps uppers in would come via USPS and the small box with the build kit would come via UPS but who knows.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It all depends...several of the site sponsors give you an option for shipping, all list UPS, but the cheapest is a "UPS fulfilled by USPS".  Don't know if PSA did this, but might be an option for you to check out.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 10:01:36 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

hahahahaha
prick

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

hahahahaha
prick

I know.  But sorry about the screw-up just the same.  Hope you get it.

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 10:03:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Your new upper shoots MOA all day.  You should be proud.  You have would have had a very nice upper.

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 10:04:18 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

When I opened the box with the build kit the invoice inside had the upper listed with one caveat.

It looked like this:

So did they ship it and the packer scratched it off to indicate the order had been filled or does it mean it wasn't shipped??????

View Quote

That would be something I'd bounce off their site rep here on arfcom.  That's kinda odd to see something struck through like that, especially on a order form.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 10:05:20 AM EDT
[#17]
PSA - PRAY (your) SHIT ARRIVES

8nBAIT
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 10:05:44 AM EDT
[#18]
On the phone, on hold of course, with PSA.

Let's see if I can get through.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 10:05:50 AM EDT
[#19]
I had a HUGE box of Vortex Optics scopes and mounts shipped to me November 10th US Postal Service.  It didn't make it .  I'm really trying not to think about it....
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 10:06:51 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

PSA - PRAY (your) SHIT ARRIVES
8nBAIT
View Quote
Never had issues before and I order fully expecting a wait. However I was notified by the PSA Rep here on ARFCOM my order had been shipped so...............

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 10:07:23 AM EDT
[#21]
This is still my status:

100515019  11/26/13  $204.99  Processing
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 10:09:11 AM EDT
[#22]
Two years ago, on Black Friday, I ordered a BAD lever from PSA.

They shipped me a complete A4 upper.  

They had the actual customer's contact info on the invoice inside, so I called up this guy in Florida and I said, "Hey, I've got your rifle!"

He was zero percent amused.

I sent it back to PSA and supposedly they made everything right.

So, your situation is not unique and is a persistent issue around the Christmas season.  They're getting insane order volume right now, and they've been known to mix up shipping labels.

They'll make it right, though, don't worry.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 10:10:58 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

View Quote
Oh I have no doubt about that. I'm a PSA fan. Just getting my 'order fuck-up' cherry popped is all!

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 10:11:06 AM EDT
[#24]
UBB

there was a ton of complaining about PSA shipping issues this time last year.

Looks like anytime they have a big sale they overwelm their shipping dept.

and hilarity ensues.

8nBAIT
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 10:12:52 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

It looked like this:

View Quote

Same thing here, but they haven't shipped the uppers yet.

I ordered the exact same combo as you. I got my LPK + BCG, stock kit, CH in a separate box with the upper scratched off. I called them and they haven't sent out the upper yet. Call them up, but this is normal.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 10:13:16 AM EDT
[#26]
10 minutes on hold now. The music they play is kinda catchy!
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 10:13:54 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

They had the actual customer's contact info on the invoice inside, so I called up this guy in Florida and I said, "Hey, I've got your rifle!"

View Quote

If they continue to do this, I could foresee it creating a serious legal problem.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 10:14:46 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Same thing here, but they haven't shipped the uppers yet.

I ordered the exact same combo as you. I got my LPK + BCG, stock kit, CH in a separate box with the upper scratched off. I called them and they haven't sent out the upper yet. Call them up, but this is normal.
View Quote
did you get a shipping notice or tracking number indicating the upper shipped?

Furthermore, the PSA rep here claims the upper WAS signed for and delivered.

Just not to/by me!

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 10:15:51 AM EDT
[#29]
I had ups outright lie about making deliveries to me before . Camera showed no deliveries they claimed a signature and could not produce it . All delivery services suck but are a necessary evil.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 10:16:57 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

It looked like this:

View Quote

same thing on mine.  check mark for bcg, upper lined through.  

must have been sent separately, but why no separate tracking #?

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 10:18:59 AM EDT
[#31]
still on hold. 15 minutes and counting.

Should have checked to see how many minutes I had left for this month on my cell!
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 10:19:57 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
If they continue to do this, I could foresee it creating a serious legal problem.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep, imagine being in a non-free state like NY and get a case of 30 round PMAGS instead of the sling or

what ever you ordered?  Not your fault but there you are in possession.

8nBAIT
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 10:23:08 AM EDT
[#33]
on the phone with RYAN now.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 10:24:43 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It looked like this:

Call them and check your order id#. I don't know why they did it separately, (the guy on the phone said they were still building uppers), but hell, for the prices during that sale, everyone should exercise some patience.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 10:26:29 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

still on hold. 15 minutes and counting.

Should have checked to see how many minutes I had left for this month on my cell!
View Quote
Just got through, shipping system is going through a switchover to something different, items were shipped separately, but their system still only shows one tracking number for whatever package went out first.  Guy said uppers will be a week longer.

Soo....... guess I'm waiting some more.  Probably will be delayed another week with christmas crunch for added suspenseful fun.

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 10:28:17 AM EDT
[#36]
I had an order before BF, one on BF, and two since. All have showed up except for the upper from my second order
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 10:28:49 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Call them and check your order id#. I don't know why they did it separately, (the guy on the phone said they were still building uppers), but hell, for the prices during that sale, everyone should exercise some patience.
View Quote
You must have missed the post(S) where I indicated I order from PSA expecting to wait but in this case not only did I receive an IM from their REP on this site the order also showed SHIPPED on my account page on the PSA website hence the confusion on my end when the upper did not show up as I was expecting.

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 10:31:02 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Just got through, shipping system is going through a switchover to something different, items were shipped separately, but their system still only shows one tracking number for whatever package went out first.  Guy said uppers will be a week longer.

Soo....... guess I'm waiting some more.  Probably will be delayed another week with christmas crunch for added suspenseful fun.

View Quote
Me to. Told me the same thing. Upper in fact has NOT shipped and will be awhile. Which, for the record, is fine by me as long as I know what's going on.

Ryan who I talked to on the phone must also be the ARFCOM rep guy as I got a reply via IM here while I was on hold with him.

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 10:31:18 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
You must have missed the post(S) where I indicated I order from PSA expecting to wait but in this case not only did I receive an IM from their REP on this site the order also showed SHIPPED on my account page on the PSA website hence the confusion on my end when the upper did not show up as I was expecting.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That reply was not directed at you.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 10:36:19 AM EDT
[#40]
Similar situation for me. I ordered from CDNN last week, got the confirm, got the shipping notice, correct address on confirm, but they shipped to my OLD address. Second time they have done that. I put in correct address in both the billing and shipping spots online, but they keep screwing it up. I don't think I will be ordering from them any time soon.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 10:37:00 AM EDT
[#41]
I pay 40 bucks a year for UPS My Choice.

You can redirect a shipment to your business address, have it held at the hub if you're going to be out of town, etc.

Most stuff I just let go to the front porch, for high dollar items I redirect to the office front desk.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 10:37:05 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

View Quote
I was expecting a delay of some kind with the volume they were dealing with.  It wouldn't have surprised me to see the stuff arrive in January.  

When only part of the order arrives and there's only one tracking number for the complete order and it says delivered however, I start getting that bad feeling.

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 10:37:16 AM EDT
[#43]
I got a UPS shipping notification when I ordered ammo and a 10.5" upper a few weeks ago. Invoice/packing slip had the upper crossed out just as you describe, since it was just the ammo.

About 4 days later I got another shipment notification (MYUPS) and it was the upper.

Now, the fact that someone else signed for it is weird as shiz.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 10:38:49 AM EDT
[#44]
Good to hear OP.  
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 10:42:37 AM EDT
[#45]
In before the lock
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 10:46:15 AM EDT
[#46]
Yep, my uppers were crossed off, but I think UPS tried to deliver yesterday because I had a sticker on the door. I'll be home to sign today.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 10:48:42 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Two years ago, on Black Friday, I ordered a BAD lever from PSA.

They shipped me a complete A4 upper.  

He was zero percent amused.

I sent it back to PSA and supposedly they made everything right.

So, your situation is not unique and is a persistent issue around the Christmas season.  They're getting insane order volume right now, and they've been known to mix up shipping labels.

View Quote

Had this same thing happen with SPG only it was surplus Zeiss NV scope. Guy was in TN so I sent him his invoice since we had both ordered the same thing. Don't think he was very amused that they swapped our invoices either.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 10:50:54 AM EDT
[#48]
Per OP
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top