Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/12/2013 7:35:50 AM EDT
My primary interest is in the units/tactics/operations employed in the battle.

I have no interest in the politics, 'the why', of the battle.

Just one definitive work for each subject if possible.  If it's a Naval Institute press textbook, that's great.

Example of Good:  Units X, Y and Z were employed from the east, heading 280 magnetic, they would meet the battleforce at coordinates AB*, CDE*, whereupon the destroyers Alpha, Delta and Golf engaged them with their FTM-48 missiles.

Example of Worthless: The Altaran Air Force headed west to attack the Golston Navy which retaliated in force using missiles.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 9:58:38 AM EDT
[#1]
post lunch crew
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 12:06:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Max Hastings' book delves into some of the tactics, but you're gonna wade through a lot of politics in London and New York to get there.

Gordon Smith wrote a Battle Atlas to accompany his book on the Falklands, it should be exactly what you're looking for.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 12:11:11 PM EDT
[#3]
lots of good stuff here
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 12:17:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 12:20:01 PM EDT
[#5]
For the Falklands you cannot get more definitive than this:

The Falklands War Then and Now
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 12:24:10 PM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I remember it well, I was airdropped with my PBR deep behind their lines near Subic Bay on the Imjin River in '63.

All we had were sticky bombs but we held off their human wave attacks when they sent the Mau Mau forward one dark night in '72
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 12:27:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I remember it well, I was airdropped with my PBR deep behind their lines near Subic Bay on the Imjin River in '63.
All we had were sticky bombs but we held off their human wave attacks when they sent the Mau Mau forward one dark night in '72
View Quote

That declassified?
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 12:36:05 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
That declassified?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

That declassified?

Bradders likes to run his lips , thats what blew operation "sudden wind " back in 72, we had to walk back from Norway

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 1:03:25 PM EDT
[#9]
NO LISTEN TO DETRACTERS INDIA WAS BEST TACTIALY IN THAT WAR WE HATE PAKISTAN THEY ARE NOT SAFE LAND FROM US!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top