Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/12/2013 7:31:03 AM EDT
Roughly a year ago, we were all pretty nervous about the future of gun rights in our country.  People were panicking left and right and buying anything and everything that would shoot.  

The most vivid thing I remember was sitting in an airport and watching CNN show President Obama say "we can get this done (gun control) via executive order", and for the first time in my life, I felt fear for my country, and what might be coming.

I remember explaining this to my wife and close friends, and we all agreed that we would not allow this to stand.  We were not going to be disarmed, and we were not going to comply.

Yet, here we sit now, gun control failed miserably, there have been legislators recalled specifically because of gun control, and we as a group seem to be doing a good  job of holding off the bad guys, save for a few setbacks in NY, CT, and CO…for the most part, I see gun owners in this country as engaged, watching, and remaining vigilant for our rights.

The fight is never over…but I'd much rather we do this via legislation than with what myself and I think a lot of other were talking about doing.

Merry Christmas, and God Bless.

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 7:32:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Don't let your guard down, the left will stick it in and break it off if you give them a chance.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 7:35:39 AM EDT
[#2]
NY, CT, CA and CO still ended up with shit laws.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 7:35:46 AM EDT
[#3]
I am smiling and building ARs. I have even made several converts to the church of Garand and Stoner because of it. I actually had my wife think that I was a shrewd investor for having a metric shit ton of 22LR. They are merely regrouping for the flank attack.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 7:38:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

and those 4 states contain almost 1/4 the population of the country
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 7:39:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 7:43:52 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Don't let your guard down, the left will stick it in and break it off if you give them a chance.
View Quote
Never will I let my guard down.

When the POTUS floated out a trial balloon to trump rights protected by the US Constitution via Executive Order, my blood ran cold.  When I say it scared me, it wasn't a fear of dying or losing everything…it was a fear of what my nieces and nephews were going to have to live with and through.  I was, and am ready…and by saying that I don't mean some ridiculous FO time .gif…I mean, my heart, mind, and soul are at peace knowing that what would have to be done was coming.

Like I said, I don't want that path, and will fight voraciously to prevent us going down it.

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 7:47:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yup. They are just waiting for the next opportunity to strip away at our rights.

This battle will never be over I fear.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 7:59:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

This...they only missed by 6 votes
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 8:09:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Don't forget Maryland; we got fucked too.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 8:21:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Part of the frustration is seeing folks who just won't believe what most of us see coming.

It's too tragic, too upsetting. They just can't wrap their head around what's coming to this country.

It has happened throughout history to many countries with lots of warning signs ignored because it was just too horrible.
You can name most off the top of your head.
Some easy ones are
WW I
WW II to include the holocaust of the Jews
American revolution
American Civil War
Bosnian conflict
South African Apartheid

Apparently we are ignoring those same warning signs again.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 9:22:33 AM EDT
[#11]
It's my understading that the CO legislators were recalled not just because of their stance on gun rights but their lack of focus on their election platforms... they focused solely on gun rights and the people that helped put them there weren't happy.

Ms. Hudak (the 3rd legislator recalled in CO) on the other hand was recalled due to her callousness towards her constituents... "I just want to say that actually, statistics are not on your side even if you had had a gun..." What she said to a rape victim testifying against the then proposed CO gun legislation. And don't forget this gem "The good news for you, you live in Denver. The [Denver Police Department] would be there within minutes.” She went on to add “You’d probably be dead anyway if they had that kind of firepower"..." What Diane DeGette said  to an elderly gentleman expressing his fear about magazine limitations in Denver due to the then proposed CO gun legislation.

Don't forget.
Fight
Prepare to change tactics
They are... it's not "gun control" now... it's "common sense gun safety"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top