Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/12/2013 6:31:20 AM EDT
Looking for a new Dag (something less likely to eat the family)

only ever had mutts before, are the terriers complete spazzes or good family dags?

been looking at the Wheaton terrier as shedding is an issue.

any input on them?

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:45:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks a lot like my mutt. I was told he is a Carin Terrier though. Very demanding and high strung. He bosses my pit bull around. But he is very loving.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:57:10 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm a terrier lover. It takes a certain patience to love terriers as they can be demanding and hard to train, but unconditionally loyal companions at the same time. Wheaton terriers are just BIG terriers, they have lots of terrier traits in an otherwise big package (for terriers). They are generally good with kids, but can be high strung (terriers in general) and have high prey and pack drives.

If you have the energy and patience, they can be great dogs.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:57:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Cairn Terrior > Weaton
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:58:40 AM EDT
[#4]
You do understand that "pure bred" means "in bred", right?
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 7:36:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Cairn Terrior > Weaton
View Quote

mis-print or life lesson?
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 7:44:32 AM EDT
[#6]
My friend's family had one, and it was a great dog.  Very high energy, but was good around kids.  Their coat is more of a hair too, so they require brushing to prevent knots.  Shedding isn't much of a problem though.  It did have some health problems, but I think it was just because the dog was 13 years old.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 8:17:28 AM EDT
[#7]
energy is sort of relative

like Jack Russell high energy  (eats rocket fuel & ignites anus motor)

or like yellow lab energy? (likes to play fetch in the yard)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top