Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 13
Posted: 12/12/2013 6:22:17 AM EDT
You be the judge. Seems a little excessive to me, given his size.

No clue why it won't embed.

Link
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:23:43 AM EDT
[#1]

HULK SMASH!
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:24:39 AM EDT
[#2]
good kill, frees up another bed...
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:25:26 AM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

HULK SMASH!
View Quote
lol seriously

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:26:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Meh, the little feller was down after the first body slam, the second was excessive. I say good slam for #1, bad slam for #2.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:28:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Link
View Quote

It seems excessive until a little shit like that stabs you.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:28:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Inmates reason for being in jail : McClain ? who had been in custody since May 28 on misdemeanor charges of possession of drug paraphernalia and consuming malt beverage on public property ? was taken to WakeMed, where he remained on life support until his death on June 17.

Now he's dead.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:28:51 AM EDT
[#7]
If it's deemed a good slam, I doubt he will have any problems with the inmates that witnessed that.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:29:04 AM EDT
[#8]
the con never touched him before the first blow.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:30:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Not excessive IMHO.  In the passion of the moment surrounded by a lot of baddies.  
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:30:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Wow. That was a smashed melon if I ever saw one.

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:33:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Inmate got in his face, he pushed the inmate away and the inmate attacked. Inmate gets dropped on floor twice and not beaten to a pulp. I don't see any criminal intent to kill the inmate, only subdue him quickly while in close proximity to other roaming inmates.

Good.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:34:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Justified.  He wasn't as bad as he thought he was.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:34:44 AM EDT
[#13]
No shit given
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:35:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Looked like he gave him a good thrashing...because the guy was little and he could.

If it was a normal sized guy he probably would have never done that first push...he just knew he was going to sent the little shit flying backwards, so he did it.

Little shit has probably been picked on his whole life for being a genetic pile of shit, and reacted.

After the hulk smash, CO thought it was really easy and kind of fun (like dwarf tossing) so he did another.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:35:33 AM EDT
[#15]
needs more hulk smash of other prisoners
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:35:48 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Meh, the little feller was down after the first body slam, the second was excessive. I say good slam for #1, bad slam for #2.
View Quote

You ever been by yourself and surrounded by people who would love to stomp or kill you?

Dissuading others to get involved is key.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:36:29 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

I agree with this
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:37:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Not excessive IMHO.  In the passion of the moment surrounded by a lot of baddies.  
View Quote

Considering how little effort it took to shove him 10ft away, I see no reason for the head first body slam.  Not to mention he looks to be unconscious for the second slam.

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:37:59 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Inmate got in his face, he pushed the inmate away and the inmate attacked. Inmate gets dropped on floor twice and not beaten to a pulp. I don't see any criminal intent to kill the inmate, only subdue him quickly while in close proximity to other roaming inmates.

Good.
View Quote

Yeah. The little doggie wanted to show how badass he was... and he did.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:38:34 AM EDT
[#20]
This is why I do not work a job like that.

No way.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:38:43 AM EDT
[#21]
The con would not have even been in there if he hadn't been a drug user.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:39:18 AM EDT
[#22]
Seems like a simple rule to me, some people are too ignorant for their own good and they wind up dead for their trouble.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:39:29 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
The con would not have even been in there if he hadn't been a drug user.
View Quote

Don't forget the malt liquor.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:39:55 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Watch again, inmate poked him in the chest and then was wagging his finger in his face. The officer pushed him away and the inmate came back swinging.  Good slam IMO although the inmate never should have been an inmate based on his charges.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:41:02 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link

Or someone else comes from behind and stabs you. He did the right thing.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:41:08 AM EDT
[#26]
Says the guard was "just trying to subdue him" with the second slam - that was him trying to teach the little dude a lesson - then oops, he died... First slam was ok in my book, he should be held accountable for the second.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:41:21 AM EDT
[#27]
Good smash..........albeit certainly sad. I heard the lil' guy was just getting his life back on track.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:42:02 AM EDT
[#28]
No way to judge that without being in the same situation. Totally different watching it after the fact.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:43:12 AM EDT
[#29]

Considering how little effort it took to shove him 10ft away, I see no reason for the head first body slam.  Not to mention he looks to be unconscious for the second slam.

View Quote

Have you ever been in a physical altercation?  Once your adrenaline dumps you can't just turn it off.  I feel the officer showed great restraint by stopping after the second slam.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:43:47 AM EDT
[#30]
I've never done corrections, but I could see that officer was in a bad position being alone and surrounded by prisoners.

As far as the use of force, prisoner who's 119lbs got in the officers face, officer pushed him (half way across the room at that), and the little prisoner goes back and hits him. I'm kinda thinking that little guy didn't learn he was a lot weaker. What did he expect would happen? Now the Officer didn't have to go all Hulk smash twice. I think the first toss down subdued the prisoner.

I could see the jury going either way on this.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:46:26 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Have you ever been in a physical altercation?  Once your adrenaline dumps you can't just turn it off.  I feel the officer showed great restraint by stopping after the second slam.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

+1
Plus, it's not like they were at a picnic or something. It's jail, housed with violent offenders, to which the corrections officer was definitely surrounded and outnumbered. I'm surprised nothing more happened.

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:46:27 AM EDT
[#32]
Needs MOAR dead bad guys.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:48:03 AM EDT
[#33]
Death by cop.  Somehow I really don't have a problem with it.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:48:06 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link

Or what if the little inmate morphed into 4 little inmates with machetes for arms.  I get what you guys are saying but whether the CO was right or wrong you got to judge his actions on what actually occurred, and not the what ifs.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:49:37 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Watch again, inmate poked him in the chest and then was wagging his finger in his face. The officer pushed him away and the inmate came back swinging.  Good slam IMO although the inmate never should have been an inmate based on his charges.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is what I wanted to post after watching the video.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:49:38 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
good kill, frees up another bed...
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:50:26 AM EDT
[#37]
good slam, I'm not going to second guess a guy surrounded by inmates.

sad for the guy who got slammed, but a little guy shouldn't be playing the badass.

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:52:28 AM EDT
[#38]
Too bad he died, but I don't see intent to kill him.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:54:32 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:54:58 AM EDT
[#40]
I'll be using this video to illustrate disparity of force in my CCW classes.

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:54:59 AM EDT
[#41]
It depends.

If the first slam killed the prisoner, it's self-defense.

If the 2nd slam killed the prisoner, it's murder.

After the first slam, there was absolutely no need for the 2nd.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:55:04 AM EDT
[#42]
I see a detention officer punch him in face and throw him to ground twice.

Perp was definitely in officers personal space, but it looks like officer punched him without a good cause.

The punch set off the chain of events.

I see an officer assaulting then killing a guy.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:55:04 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fight or flight does odd things to people.  Easy to say after the fact, adrenaline pumping, room full of inmates, surrounded,  I say good slam. The last thing you want is for some other inmate to get in the action.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:55:46 AM EDT
[#44]
Black on black crime
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:55:51 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Or what if the little inmate morphed into 4 little inmates with machetes for arms.  I get what you guys are saying but whether the CO was right or wrong you got to judge his actions on what actually occurred, and not the what ifs.
View Quote

Totality of circumstances.  That whole thing could very well have turned really badly for all involved.  The CO putting the first belligerent down quickly and positively when he will be outnumbered 55-1 if the mob mentality  switch gets turned on was the right thing to do.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:57:43 AM EDT
[#46]
Good slam.

Fuck him.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:58:48 AM EDT
[#47]
Gotta figure, if someone steps to a CO, they need to be put down hard. Otherwise the other mutts might start getting ideas.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:59:25 AM EDT
[#48]
The inmate dictated the force, but there is a thing called threat vs officer.  I am not gonna sit here and Monday-morning quarterback the situation. None of us were there and who knows what the inmate was saying to the other inmates.  IE (Help me kill this guy). It's a tragedy for all involved.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:59:57 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I see a detention officer punch push him in face away and throw him to ground twice.

Perp was definitely in officers personal space, but it looks like officer punched pushed him without a good cause.

The punch push set off the chain of events.

I see an officer assaulting then killing a guy.
View Quote

Fixed.

Watch the video again.  The CO could have been in-bounding a basketball.  There was no punch.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 7:00:16 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Good.
View Quote

2nd body slam certainly gets your attention but the inmate made the decision to come back at the guard.
I like how the defense attorney says the guard was a football player, as if that has anything to do with what went on.
As far as the guards size goes I was not aware that a confrontation between prison guards and inmates should only between two people of equal size to make it fair.
I certainly hope the jury sees it for what it is.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 13
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top