Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/12/2013 5:55:45 AM EDT
The Washing Post wants you to send in your stories of gun violence for the Sandy Hook anniversary.  It's pretty shitty for them to solicit stories of gun violence so they can use those stories to once again try to push for more gun control.  

So, I think we all know what needs to be done here.  There are many more stories of people using a gun to protect a loved one than there are of people being attacked with a gun.  I say we inundate them with positive stories where people used a gun to protect themselves from violence.  

Here is the link to the story...  Click Here.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:58:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Got a good one about a cold killer with a shady past who shot and killed a woman holding her baby.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:59:32 AM EDT
[#2]
I wonder how dilligently they plan on fact-checking the stories people send in...
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:00:00 AM EDT
[#3]
A lower fell off my workbench and the bolt release broke off.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:02:09 AM EDT
[#4]
They did the same thing a bit ago in their  Sunday magazine
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:04:25 AM EDT
[#5]
I believe the media activist has a twitter account.

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:05:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I wonder how dilligently they plan on fact-checking the stories people send in...
View Quote

A liberal paper fact checking?  Not a chance in hell.  We have to post the stories to see what's in them.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:05:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Lubys massacre... and how she kept her handgun outside due to fucked uo laws.

Genocide against unarmed groups.

Home invasions....

Plenty of stories of violence
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:05:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
A lower fell off my workbench and the bolt release broke off.
View Quote

If we're counting how many guns we've lost, all of ARF's boating accidents totalled up would be in the millions.    

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:06:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Yeah send those fucks stories about *.gov trash murdering people.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:07:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:07:10 AM EDT
[#11]
i wonder if they'll do any stories about how much violent crime has dropped since the 90's or that even with Sandy Hook, the number of homicides involving rifles dropped in 2012?
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:09:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Nashville murders?
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:09:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The Washing Post wants you to send in your stories of gun violence for the Sandy Hook anniversary.  It's pretty shitty for them to solicit stories of gun violence so they can use those stories to once again try to push for more gun control.  

So, I think we all know what needs to be done here.  There are many more stories of people using a gun to protect a loved one than there are of people being attacked with a gun.  I say we inundate them with positive stories where people used a gun to protect themselves from violence.  

View Quote
How about sending in all 517 pages of the Fast and furious thread? Somehow one would have to guess that it would not quite be what they are looking for.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:10:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Which will make the case of potential victims being armed rather than helpless.?

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:10:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Someone with some time should send in all the stories from rationalityrebooted.com. That would keep them busy for a while.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:10:59 AM EDT
[#16]
If there was only a way to troll them...
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:17:36 AM EDT
[#17]
Disgusting vultures.  Murdered children & women is just and opportunity to sell fish wrap for the Washington Post.  Is that some sort of libtard measure of courage?

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:23:02 AM EDT
[#18]
I don't know if Nelson Hairgrove has an account here but damn...
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:27:19 AM EDT
[#19]
Arfcom....
Arfcom....

FIRE FOR EFFECT!

cold...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2013/12/11/whats-your-gun-number-share-your-gun-story/
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:28:20 AM EDT
[#20]
My Garand bit off a piece of my thumb - worse than pit-bulls they are.

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:28:45 AM EDT
[#21]
Good idea. If anyone had their guns confiscated and returned by police, share it. Violence against our guns must never be tolerated. Speak up!
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:30:23 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

This is exactly what I thought after reading the thread title.  

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:30:33 AM EDT
[#23]
Here is Andrea Rebello killed by a Nassau County, NY police officer.
She was shot in the head after the officer responsed to a home invasion robbery.

Not a cop bashing post just that this kid died via gun violence and by a police officers bullet.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:31:15 AM EDT
[#24]
I will gladly share my story about how my friend was robbed at gun point at an ATM and as a result has purchased her own gun so that if it happens again she will fight back.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:31:17 AM EDT
[#25]
Definitely trying to play on the Logical Fallacy of Misleading Vividness.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:33:04 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm sure there is a way!  
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:34:19 AM EDT
[#27]
Which one of you is Nelson Hairgrove?
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:34:44 AM EDT
[#28]
Can I just send them a picture of my taint ?
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:35:52 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nelson?
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:46:24 AM EDT
[#30]
Don't think they will like my story. Sent it in anyfuckingway.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:47:09 AM EDT
[#31]
How 'bout the story where that one German guy confiscated all the guns from the Jews because the government was going to keep them safe.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:49:11 AM EDT
[#32]
If someone here posts this on /r/guns on Reddit or is on 4chan, it may be possible to script something that will submit a flood of entries. My assumption is that WP is going to receive relatively few anti submissions, so even if we hit this with legitimate submissions from Arfcommers, it should take them quite a lot of time to dig through. Like I mentioned before, though Rationality Rebooted seems to have dropped off the map recently, there should be enough stories on there to hit this pretty hard.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:52:04 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Can I just send them a picture of my taint ?
View Quote

Yes..yes you can.

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:52:07 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Wanna bet that Deputy National Digital Editor, Masuma Ahuja, will selectively edit and publish ONLY stories that further the Post's anti-Second Amendment agenda?  Try sending in a story about one of the 2.5 million DGUs (defensive gun uses) that happen every year in the U.S. - and watch it disappear down the "memory hole" (i.e. - delete button).  

From the link:

"We're interested in hearing stories from people whose lives have been personally impacted by gun violence. Share your story and it could appear on WashingtonPost.com. We will be in touch first; we understand these stories are often very personal.
Questions? Email the Post's deputy national digital editor, Masuma Ahuja, at [email protected]. And for examples of how your responses could be used, check out the Post's "Gun Numbers" project."
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:56:12 AM EDT
[#35]
Dear Washington Post,

A bad man with a gun (illegally acquired and possessed) tried to rob me.  I shot him dead to protect my life liberty and property.  The police called it a good shoot and everyone lived happily ever after.  The end.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 7:09:51 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Wonder how many "good shot" stories they're going to get and ignore.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 7:11:19 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Wanna bet that Deputy National Digital Editor, Masuma Ahuja, will selectively edit and publish ONLY stories that further the Post's anti-Second Amendment agenda?  Try sending in a story about one of the 2.5 million DGUs (defensive gun uses) that happen every year in the U.S. - and watch it disappear down the "memory hole" (i.e. - delete button).  

From the link:

"We're interested in hearing stories from people whose lives have been personally impacted by gun violence. Share your story and it could appear on WashingtonPost.com. We will be in touch first; we understand these stories are often very personal.
Questions? Email the Post's deputy national digital editor, Masuma Ahuja, at [email protected]. And for examples of how your responses could be used, check out the Post's "Gun Numbers" project."
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

From the link:

Nah, I know that.

But, I mean, if someone were to just make up a completely bogus story that happens to fit the Post's agenda, do you think they would actually run down some of the particulars or just run it on blind faith?

I guess I'm just wondering aloud what kind of journalistic integrity we're looking at here.

I'm NOT suggesting that anyone should make up a bogus story and send it in with the objective of embarassing them should they run it.  I'm just wondering that if someone were to do that, do you think they'd catch it?
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 7:15:47 AM EDT
[#38]
There is a "guns save lives" site with over 1000 defensive gun use stories. We could probably each pick a couple and send them.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 7:23:13 AM EDT
[#39]
I think thats why this would be fun... Just spam the hell out of them with horrific gun violence from the point of view of criminals during a good shoot.

There I was stealing Jermaine's car, and wouldn't you know it, Jermaine came running out with his glock 40 and shot me in the leg. As I sat there in the booking room following my hospital visit, I just thought to myself, there was no reason for me to get shot. Jermaine shouldn't have been flaunting his hoopdie where I could see it. He was just axing for it to be stoled.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 7:29:05 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I think thats why this would be fun... Just spam the hell out of them with horrific gun violence from the point of view of criminals during a good shoot.

There I was stealing Jermaine's car, and wouldn't you know it, Jermaine came running out with his glock 40 and shot me in the leg. As I sat there in the booking room following my hospital visit, I just thought to myself, there was no reason for me to get shot. Jermaine shouldn't have been flaunting his hoopdie where I could see it. He was just axing for it to be stoled.
View Quote

Yep and for the pictures, be sure to find mugshots of the criminal. Hahaha it would be great!
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 7:44:52 AM EDT
[#41]
This one time Too many fucking times to keep track of in Iraq, people were shooting at us.  We shot back.  They stopped trying to kill us, after we shot them.  Thanks guns!  

Think they'll post mine?
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 7:47:49 AM EDT
[#42]
"Post Politics".  A very apt name for this agenda journalism bullshit.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 7:50:26 AM EDT
[#43]
Would pictures of guns being destroyed/melted down be considered "gun violence"?

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 8:00:59 AM EDT
[#44]
Yes, fill their inbox with people who's "gun number" is zero.

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 8:41:17 AM EDT
[#45]
More proof that the media is agenda driven.

We should send them all the incidents of unlawful shootings by the popo.  The mom in the minivan comes to mind.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 8:49:52 AM EDT
[#46]
Please send in gun avoidance violence stories as well.  If they get enough of them harder to overlook.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 8:51:29 AM EDT
[#47]
I'll forward them every police shooting, gang shooting, and NFL Player in a Strip club/night club story
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 8:51:55 AM EDT
[#48]
i'd send a bunch of armed citizen articles, lol
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 8:53:22 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
i'd send a bunch of armed citizen articles, lol
View Quote

QFT

We should bombard them with stories of guns saving lives, and shutting down badguys.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 8:54:36 AM EDT
[#50]
You realize this is fake, right?  They just want to stir up  drama to get the readership.  The fictional stories are already written and ready to be used.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top