Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/11/2013 11:33:29 PM EDT
looking to buy a microsoft surface tablet for the female unit back home for christmas. unfortunately missed out on the black friday deals (DOH!). found some decent prices on amazon, but they almost seem to good to be true. much lower than the microsoft website, and lower than best buy as well.

my question is, should i be hesitant to buy electronics from vendors on amazon? i know that i have to make sure they are listed as new, and accept returns, and looking at their feedback rating probably is a good idea. but other than that should i have any concerns? i guess i'm more worried about getting a refurb that is listed as new.

also, she is insisting that it has a protection plan. best buy offers them, but there are also some drop/spill protection plans for tablets you can buy on amazon as well. many are decently prices, and claim a really quick turn around. many of them have decent ratings as well, with of course one or two horror stories attached.

anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated. i need to make my mind up quick so i can get this damn thing to her in time for xmas.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 11:49:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Amazon's been GTG in my experience. I've bought a fair number of things on there from several dealers and haven't had any problems, even when I've had to return something.

Incorrectly listing an item on there would be a big no-no for sellers. Amazon would make sure you got your money back in any case, but if you want to be absolutely sure pick one of the "Fulfillment by Amazon" options. Those orders get free shipping over $35 as well.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 12:37:15 AM EDT
[#2]
never had a problem with the 'zon.
electronics, gun parts, whatever. don't matter.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 12:39:10 AM EDT
[#3]
No problems with Amazon. I'm a prime customer, buy 99% of my things there, from phones to tablets to DVD's/blue rays and books. Did some serious x-mas shopping last weekend to have the stuff shipped to my family in time.

Green light!
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 12:41:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No problems with Amazon. I'm a prime customer, buy 99% of my things there, from phones to tablets to DVD's/blue rays and books. Did some serious x-mas shopping last weekend to have the stuff shipped to my family in time.

Green light!
View Quote

Pretty much exactly this.

I got bored at work a couple weeks ago, and looked through all of my orders the last ~3 years.  Holy shit, random as hell.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 2:14:25 AM EDT
[#5]
OP I think your asking if buying from a vendor selling on amazon is GTG not actually amazon, correct? If so I think like everything else check their feedback from buyers, but the good news is amazon makes returns easier than almost anyone else! YMMV!
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 2:20:28 AM EDT
[#6]
I've spent thousands of dollars at Amazon and haven't had a single issue. Everything from truck parts, gun parts, clothes, toys, electronics, etc... no issues at all.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 2:27:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
never had a problem with the 'zon.
electronics, gun parts, whatever. don't matter.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 2:49:08 AM EDT
[#8]
green board.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 3:27:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I've spent thousands of dollars at Amazon and haven't had a single issue. Everything from truck parts, gun parts, clothes, toys, electronics, etc... no issues at all.
View Quote

yep.

I bet I did 95% of my Christmas shopping on Amazon this year.  Never had a problem in years.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 3:31:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Check the vendor rating/reviews before buying from them.

If the listing says "sold by X and fulfilled by amazon" then that means Amazon stocks and ships the item.  I think they rent out warehouse space to vendors that want to pay for it.

My only issue when ordering from vendors, when the item gets shipped by them instead of Amazon, is sometimes it can take weeks before I receive my item.  Even from US-based vendors.  Right now I'm waiting on a new case for my galaxy which I got from an east coast vendor.  I ordered it a month ago and it didn't come with a tracking number.  I'll probably dispute that this weekend if I still haven't received it by then.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 3:38:10 AM EDT
[#11]
I usually look to see if amazon sells it.  There is always a note whether amazon is involved or not.  

If amazon sells it or fulfills it then have no worries what so ever.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top