Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/11/2013 6:12:59 PM EDT
Listening to him on Hannity. Honestly he sounds like he is on the level....Here is the issue the Democrats do not want to negotiate. Anything they can do to get leverage in 2014 they are going to do.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:16:23 PM EDT
[#1]
FPR
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:17:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Wicked smart

Hunter and gun owner too.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:19:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Articulate for sure.

Beyond that, I think the man is a scum bag.

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:20:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Smart............RINO

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:21:26 PM EDT
[#5]
He gave Harry Reid the power to raise taxes with a simple majority vote in the budget deal.  Maybe Ryan is smarter than me, and he's giving the Democrats the rope to hang themselves with more taxes, on top of ObamaCare mandate/taxes, but I wish the GOP would see the threat Democrats are.

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:21:54 PM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Articulate for sure.

Beyond that, I think the man is a scum bag.

View Quote
Can you elaborate?

Not trying to be sarcastic, but truly want to know since I hadn't heard that before. I loved his rant on Obamacare.

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:22:29 PM EDT
[#7]
I have no opinion on his intelligence, but he certainly seems to support some very expensive legislation.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:22:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:23:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Listening to him on Hannity. Honestly he sounds like he is on the level....Here is the issue the Democrats do not want to negotiate. Anything they can do to get leverage in 2014 they are going to do.
View Quote

it's a tactic to disarm the left.  Take away any ammo they might have to make excuses for their failures in 2014.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:24:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Smart doesn't win issues or elections.  Political savoy does, and upsetting your voting base isn't a good start.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:24:01 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I have no opinion on his intelligence, but he certainly seems to support some very expensive legislation.
View Quote
Coherent post. +1

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:25:00 PM EDT
[#12]
He has sold his soul.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:25:08 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
it's a tactic to disarm the left.  Take away any ammo they might have to make excuses for their failures in 2014.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Never give the enemy what they want.  

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:26:23 PM EDT
[#14]
He is a very savvy politician.  . . . More of the same.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:31:20 PM EDT
[#15]
He just pissed off a lot of conservatives. What he is doing is trying to move from the far right to closer to the middle of the road, Far right will not win the presidency... you need to get the center of the curve
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:31:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

he's very obvious. he can't lie very effectively because he's an okay guy, but his obligations are also obvious. he's in the pocket of interests GD hates. at least he's not an alien shape-shifter. though i am sure there are dumbasses that think he is.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:35:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
He gave Harry Reid the power to raise taxes with a simple majority vote in the budget deal.  Maybe Ryan is smarter than me, and he's giving the Democrats the rope to hang themselves with more taxes, on top of ObamaCare mandate/taxes, but I wish the GOP would see the threat Democrats are.

http://hotair.com/archives/2013/12/11/report-theres-a-nasty-bit-of-the-budget-deal-that-makes-tax-hikes-easier-to-pass/

View Quote

Yeah that's retarded right there
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:35:33 PM EDT
[#18]
My wife and I got the chance to speak with him, along with Romney, for about 10 minutes last year.  He seemed like an intelligent guy, but even more so, a down to earth cool dude.

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:38:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Seems like a nice guy.

His "budget" was laughable.

Not fiscally conservative enough for my liking.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:40:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
My wife and I got the chance to speak with him, along with Romney, for about 10 minutes last year.  He seemed like an intelligent guy, but even more so, a down to earth cool dude.

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb107/motoracer51/20121022_175436.jpg  
View Quote

sigh..
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:43:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Chess,right????

FPNI
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:47:39 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
sigh..
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

sigh..
In all fairness, this was while he was running for VP.  Seems like he's taken a precipitous dive off the deep end after the VP run.

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:50:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Excellent decision on his part.  Let Obamacare crash and burn right before the election.  Keep the focus on Obama failures, and get more good guys elected.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:55:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
In all fairness, this was while he was running for VP.  Seems like he's taken a precipitous dive off the deep end after the VP run.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

sigh..

Agreed.  I thought the same when he was up for VP...  Now I am like WTF.  Seems like they will all sell out and forget the principals they ran on.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:56:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
at least he's not an alien shape-shifter. though i am sure there are dumbasses that think he is.
View Quote

I'm not a dumbass and I think he's an alien shape shifter......put on the "I'm a conservative" act pretty well when he was Romney's running mate but after that he "shape shiftted" into the same ol establishment Republican.  He had a chance to set himself apart and instead he chose to be the same.

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 7:04:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I'm not a dumbass and I think he's an alien shape shifter......put on the "I'm a conservative" act pretty well when he was Romney's running mate but after that he "shape shiftted" into the same ol establishment Republican.  He had a chance to set himself apart and instead he chose to be the same.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
at least he's not an alien shape-shifter. though i am sure there are dumbasses that think he is.

yeah your read on him is different than mine. he always seemed like an obvious establishment republican in khaki pants to me. he was mitt the dick's running mate, fer chrissakes...

the acid test being... does he look like a guy that could be the head of a nutritional supplement and skin creme company in utah? if so, he's probably an establishment republican.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 7:08:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 7:12:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Agreed.  I thought the same when he was up for VP...  Now I am like WTF.  Seems like they will all sell out and forget the principals they ran on.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

sigh..

If you can forget your principals,they aren't really your pricipals.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 7:32:39 PM EDT
[#29]
strategic move.  didnt really give up anything but didnt gain anything either.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 7:34:56 PM EDT
[#30]
I won't say he is dumb, but to say he is smart wouldn't be fair either.  Fortunately for Paul Ryan and the level of politics he is in, the game is played far differently than what the average Joe will ever realize.  Paul Ryan is simply a "popular" candidate, who the "conservatives" will hang their hat on.  The bottom line:  he is no different than any other politician - keep towing the company line, keep cashing the company check.  

The majority of the voters memory span is good for a year or so.  Start making headway now so you can say a year or so from now (election time) how you are "bipartisan", you "reached out over the aisle", etc.  His actions/saying/doing is no different than any other politician, albeit US congressman/senator, state rep, or even a damn county coroner.  His playbook is the same one used by all other politicians, regardless of affiliation.

As for true conservative politicians ever becoming mainstream or popular, a.k.a winning elections, making a "real" difference...not gonna happen.  There is too much money involved.  Cut the head off the dragon and guess what, YOU (the conservative) lose money.  We buy the persona of our political heroes the same way we buy our shoes - what feels good today.  Nobody in politics is doing something for the common good.  Politics is about gaining and maintaining power.  Conservative politics today is simply selling you on how you spent less than the other guy.  However, the issue at hand is lost, and that issue is - spending on something still costs more than not spending at all.    

What will Ryan do for gun rights?  He will support them until he is told differently.  Personal feelings/convictions don't make politics, they only stroke the emotions of those that you want to vote for you.  
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 8:07:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Words don't mean jack shit.

Remember the times you've been drunk and talking to that chick and all you want to do is get laid?

Yeah, same thing.

But then, see that these scum sucking panty waste statist have the purse strings of the most wealthy and influential nation as the prize.

My goodness, when are people going to wake up and see that it isn't what people say that matters..it's what they do?
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 8:24:01 PM EDT
[#32]
He could probably ooze under a door. Jelly spined fuckhead.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 8:25:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So surrender you power and let the Demons rape the private treasuries of the American People and plunder anything of value that is left.

FUCK THAT. Leadership. Yippy.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 8:26:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
He just pissed off a lot of conservatives. What he is doing is trying to move from the far right to closer to the middle of the road, Far right will not win the presidency... you need to get the center of the curve
View Quote

Worked well for President McCain and President Romney.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 8:36:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Seems like a nice guy.

His "budget" was laughable.

Not fiscally conservative enough for my liking.
View Quote

Lol. And you expected what to get passed with the dems in control?
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 8:37:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
He could probably ooze under a door. Jelly spined fuckhead.
View Quote

sure, but the doors he could ooze under are obvious and predictable. that's why he doesn't seem dangerous. no more so than the horsies on a chessboard.  
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 8:38:15 PM EDT
[#37]

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 9:13:14 PM EDT
[#38]
For the folk here that obey the law and wants to keep their guns... what if I told you elections matter?

This is why Ryan is doing what he is doing and will help the GOP win back the Senate in 2014. For the rest that disagree... stop listening to Alex Jones plz.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 9:15:39 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

For the folk here that obey the law and wants to keep their guns... what if I told you elections matter?
This is why Ryan is doing what he is doing and will help the GOP win back the Senate in 2014. For the rest that disagree... stop listening to Alex Jones plz.
View Quote
I am saving this to throw it back in your face (and anyone who backs Boehner) if we fail doing it the RINO way in 2014 despite Obama's catastrophic blunder with ACA.

Actual real power was achieved through the Tea Party in 2010.  The power the GOP leadership is desperately hanging on to and has FAILED to expand upon with their strategy of disenfranchising the conservative movement since then.

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 9:19:33 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

View Quote

Here's hoping.

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 9:19:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Fuck that cocksucker.  After the assraping he just gave all military retires I hope he doesn't last another term.  I'll never speak a kind word of that motherfucker that just reached into my pocket and yanked out $200K to assuage the fucking democrats.  FPR.  
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 9:36:30 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Fuck that cocksucker.  After the assraping he just gave all military retires I hope he doesn't last another term.  I'll never speak a kind word of that motherfucker that just reached into my pocket and yanked out $200K to assuage the fucking democrats.  FPR.  
View Quote

I'm hoping something changes, or it has been misread.  Otherwise - ^^^ yeah.

Where's the cuts to welfare?  Food stamps?

Where's the work to reduce the fraud and waste associated with medicare?  Social Security?  SSDI? Welfare? SNAP?

Why do we still fund PBS and NPR? National Endowment for the Arts?

Foreign Aid?

Nah - let's just fuck over a relatively small group of patriotic Americans so we can show that we are now serious about our budget.

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 9:37:26 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

I guess Paul Ryan is helping me keep my legal guns legal.

That'd be nice.

I don't really think that's the case and I doubt he thinks that's the case either.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 9:42:21 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

What good are guns if you have no liberty left to protect?

Oooooh!  You're a hunter!
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 10:08:22 PM EDT
[#45]
He's as much of a dope as Rubio.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 10:14:30 PM EDT
[#46]

Great politician.

You have to admire someone who can convince the mouth breathers in the Republican party that he's fiscally conservative, while constantly coming up with budget plans that increase spending until the end of time.

Then again, that's probably not particularly difficult...
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 10:42:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Voted biggest brown noser of his class
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 3:46:25 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

neither of them gave a shit about America, it was about power and money, McCain sold out so fast, Romney would have turned RINO for the rich in a minute
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:13:26 AM EDT
[#49]
The left are calling him a milk snatcher and he's staunch pro gun

http://www.politicususa.com/2013/11/05/paul-ryans-ayn-rand-fantasy-double-food-stamp-cuts-starve-millions.html

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:39:16 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Where's the work to reduce the fraud and waste associated with medicare?  Social Security?  SSDI? Welfare? SNAP?

Foreign Aid?

Nah - let's just fuck over a relatively small group of patriotic Americans so we can show that we are now serious about our budget.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Foreign Aid?

People that caused our problems....non-producers, theives that put a lot of money to political funds, remember the Medical ASSociations are anti-gun, and all the grubbing countries that hate us... He will still support them
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top