Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/11/2013 5:52:23 PM EDT
It's time buddy, it's time.

Haters....please, not here....we don't care what you think about NASCAR.

http://www.texasmotorspeedway.com/daily-news/news-from-tms/2013/12/11/austin-dillon-to-join-richard-childress-racing's-nascar-sprint-cup-series-lineup-in-2014

http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/story/_/id/10119712/austin-dillon-drive-dale-earnhardt-famed-no-3-sprint-cup-series

The landing of Dow chemicals as a sponsor is huge for the sport.

It's not like when they brought back the 28 after Davey Allison's death. If there was a reason to run the 28, someone would.

The publicity machine will be running all out. Hope Dillon can handle the spotlight.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:58:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Just can't stand him.

"Papa" and that fucking hat. The machine is running overtime to rebuff the hate.

In five years 3/4 of the field will be second generation or somebodies kin. Not good.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:02:35 PM EDT
[#2]
#3 yes.

#88....not so much.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:10:25 PM EDT
[#3]
It always was Richard's.   Hell, it was Richard's first.

Anyone remember a Bud Moore Ford?  

ETA:

Makes your bow tie tattoo burn, doesn't it.  

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:15:05 PM EDT
[#4]
No.  Hell no.

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:17:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Twice in less than 5 hours . Half the field will be #3 in a week

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:18:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Pegging in at -2 on my giveashit meter.

It's just a number, Richard had it first....don't care.

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:19:29 PM EDT
[#7]
and somewhere in the lower ranks of racing there is someone that we have never heard of with much more talent that wont get a chance....something you wont see happen in other athletic endeavors such as football....baseball hockey etc.....but comparing Nascar to those sports isn't fair......like has been said before the number belongs to RCR and he can do with it as he pleases.....just because he can doesn't make it a good idea...sounds more like a publicity stunt but we shall see......the kid will get a shot to prove his worth and if he doesn't get it done then well that's another story....in my opinion Childress shouldn't put that kind of pressure on his Grandson but that's me.....
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:22:35 PM EDT
[#8]
No complaints about the 3 returning here.  I do feel bad for RCR, though.  Menard, Newman, and A. Dillon.  Not foreseeing many victories in 2014.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:24:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Both Dillons strike me as entitled little assholes. Of course, RC is an asshole too, but in the old school, earned it kind of way.
These kids seem to think that they deserve respect just because daddy didn't pull out quick enough.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:26:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No complaints about the 3 returning here.  I do feel bad for RCR, though.  Menard, Newman, and A. Dillon.  Not foreseeing many victories in 2014.
View Quote

I don't think that's fair to Newman.

Newman can drive/win. RCR has to provide the cars capable of winning. That's the real tricky part these days.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:27:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:27:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Childers owned the number first.

I'm not a fan of Dillon but the car looks good.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:33:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Newman can drive/win. RCR has to provide the cars capable of winning. That's the real tricky part these days.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I certainly don't want to discredit his abilities as a driver. I'm familiar with his past success with Penske.  Lately he strikes me as rather reserved. If he has good equipment he's a terror.
Perhaps he'll have a stellar year like Kenseth had with his switch to JGR.  But I don't think RCR is ahead of Stewart-Haas so I fear it may end up showing more of the same.

With my comment about not seeing many victories, I fully expect what victories they do claim to be from Newman.    Menard had some good races this year but he's not there. Dillon is going to have a transitional period to work through.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:34:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Fastcar?
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:35:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

I watched a hunting show today that featured Austin elk hunting in Wyoming....seemed like an intelligent kid.He worked hard to get a nice bull elk.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:35:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

I looked it up -- since 1976
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:42:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Hell yea! Get some!
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:43:20 PM EDT
[#18]
I wished they would retire that number.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:50:48 PM EDT
[#19]
The number 3 returning is fine.  The problem is that Austin Dillon is a whiny, no driving, cunt faced, twat waffle.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 7:01:15 PM EDT
[#20]
This was in the hanger today....

No idea why.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top