Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/11/2013 2:54:15 PM EDT
Anyone have one of these, comments on reliability? I'm wondering how they hold up over time, after several hundred rounds, etc.

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 2:55:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 3:03:19 PM EDT
[#2]
http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/edu145.htm

I'd still be hesitant  to get one.  I just wouldn't trust Taurus's QC.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 3:15:09 PM EDT
[#3]
It's my EDC, love it. No problems what so ever. Couldn't be beat at the time for $200 shipped.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 3:17:32 PM EDT
[#4]
In for the second hand internet story hate
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 3:45:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Oh I forget to mention you need a C serial for a problem free 738.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 3:46:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Oh I forget to mention you need a C serial for a problem free 738.
View Quote

More details?

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 4:33:12 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a 738  it worked fine for the first 100 rounds. Then is started to have FTF. The tip of the firing pin broke off instead of being convex it  was flat.. It took Taurus 7 weeks to replace the firing pin, in the mean time I replaced it with a Sig 238

Nick
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:03:19 PM EDT
[#8]
They have a slide stop and the slide locks back after the last round.  The trigger is much better than a P3AT or Ruger.

Mine has been perfect after about 500 rounds of all kinds of ammo.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:10:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Jam-o-matic out of the box, and it's a C serial number.

I spent a lifetime getting cheap autos to run like a top so once I licked the problems this gun had, the biggest being the almost 90 degree feed ramp, it really works good.

It's my EDC now.

Fantastic little shooter

Loves lead bullets

Make sure you get the correct mags, mine came with the wrong ones.

I guess the bottom line is, unless you're the kind of guy who loves gun troubleshooting and gunsmithing buy the Ruger.

At 10 yards, strong hand only.

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:53:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Been carrying one for deep concealment when working and wearing a suit.  I've had no issues whatsoever, and thoroughly love mine.  It's insanely accurate, has a great DA trigger, and hasn't had a hiccup in the ~500 rounds I've put through it.  Unlike other pistols in it's category, the TCP is a joy to shoot, and has real sights.  I painted the front one white with nail polish, which made it quite quick to acquire when taking aim.

I've noticed that mine gets begins to feel 'sluggish' cycling after 100 rounds in one sitting, but that hasn't caused any problems, and I simply clean it after each trip to the range where it shot a box or more.  I'll never shoot more than 13 rounds out of it in the event of actually needing it, so that doesn't present a problem to me.  If it were a service pistol I'd feel differently.

Great little pistol, and an outstanding value at the $200 shipped I bought it for.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:55:46 PM EDT
[#11]
I've shot about 100 rounds thru one of my buddies and it was a fun little gun to shoot.  It didn't have any F2F or F2E.  I'd buy one if I was looking for a .380
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:40:09 PM EDT
[#12]
I've put 50 rounds through mine and it's like having your fingers smacked every time.
I've since taken some time and smoothed down the raised line that runs around the center of the frame. And added a Hogue grip glove.
Haven't shot it since so I don't know how much it helped.

Very reliable feed with original mags but kind of iffy with the extended Promag. Extra grip in nice though.
I don't like the plastic mag release because the mag seems to catch on the way in.

Very accurate and good sites, nice small package.
Has good DA trigger with short reset so you don't have to take a full follow up trigger stroke.

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:49:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for the replies, sounds like a possibility.

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:53:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Love mine.  Came with 2 mags but one was bad.  Otherwise gtg.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:56:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top