Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/27/2002 10:18:07 PM EDT
I just OBTAINED some scraps of Kydex in Desert Tan from a contractor friend of mine. This is the stuff they use to protect walls at corporate facilities from MAILROOM IDIJITS with metal carts(me), some pretty tough stuff. Varying sizes from 4x4 feet to 8 inch by 3 feet. Some smaller 2x2 feet pieces.
This stuff APPEARS to be the same that is used to manufacuter holsters. I have made several Leather, and 1 leather/nylon holster for my HS.
I have found some info on the web about Molding Your Own holsters. Its pretty easy. Heat Kydex, shape to weapon. I would do a BLANK first, like heavy paper or cloth to get the shape close first.
My first attempt will be a simple IWB with Jhooks, one piece, no liner, forward cant, strong side.
I know from experience that you CANNOT buy Raw Kydex in small quantity. You have to Order a MASSIVE amount, usually in 4x10 foot sheets.
I would be willing to sell some of this material, or trade it for .40 cal Factory Magazines. I will try to have Exact Sizes posted my Monday evening. Shipping will be Via Airborne as i get a company discount. Buyer pays shipping. Trade = I pay shipping(kydex only). Shipping is around $5 for 5 pounds, kydex is light and can be rolled into a tube shape with no damage.
email me at [email protected] Do Not use the EMAIL FUNCTION.

I will also try to get some pics taken and plans drawn up for this, as I do it and post them on some webspace I have.
I wish it was black tho. Desert Tan is cool. I live in the desert and I only plan on concealment holsters anyway.
-------------------------------
HS=HS2000=SA-XD 9mm
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 10:26:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Those magazines are Springfield Arms Extreme Duty .40 10 rounders, stainless drop free.:)
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 10:27:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Back in highschool we formed Kydex using a hot lamp.
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 10:46:09 PM EDT
[#3]
They recomend like an oven at I THINK 200-300degF.
Anyone can pretty much get these scraps themselves, you just have to be at a jobsite to raid the dumpster.
Link Posted: 11/29/2002 9:34:55 PM EDT
[#4]
BTT
Holster is done. I am attempting to get a very crude website up on geocities to show the results. More to come.
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 10:14:12 PM EDT
[#5]
hows your plastic lower going?
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 11:39:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Gaspian, I have to BUY a lower to mold first. Money is tight.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top