Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/27/2002 8:26:56 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 8:31:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 8:39:39 PM EDT
[#2]
You obviously are not a congressmans son.
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 8:45:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I am quite happy that I am sitting on my butt this year at home in a warm house. Last year I was staring at airplanes with an M-16 on Masirah Island off of the coast of Oman. Man what a shithole, but better than the guys in Afghanistan had it. One of these days I need to scan and post the photos I too when I was there. Got some great ones of the AC-130's.
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 9:44:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I should be there, not you!
[USA]
View Quote

I don't feel bad, hell no, I served my time so did you.  My dad was in Vietnam, my Uncle at the Yalu when the Chinese crossed.  I served because it was my duty and I did not complain.  Don't diminish it for the next guy.  The guy out there tonight is earning the right to be here next Christmas.  

My dad told my Mom on the eve of his deployment to Vietnam he was going now so us boys did not have to go later. That's why we serve.  People like us think of it as an honor.  Every year I wish my coworkers Happy Veterans day.  Some say, "thank you but I am not a veteran".  I always ask, "Why not".  

DoubleFeed, quite drinking before you post.  Your romanticized view is a little lopsided.
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 10:19:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 10:43:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top