Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/10/2013 1:18:33 PM EDT
FUCK THIS FUCKING DIGITAL SIGNATURE BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!  FUCK LOTUS FORMS, APPROVE IT, E-SIGNATURE, AND ACTIVCLIENT!!!!!!!!!!! FUCKTHEM IN THEM IN ALL THEIR COLLECTIVE ONES AND ZEROS ASSES!!!!!!!!

I have my LT, E5, and E6 all wanting a changer of rater NCOER done, and my piece of shit personal Vista computer will not allow me to sign, no matter what I try.  I have a CAC reader, can log into AKO, iperms, mail, whatever, but sign something???? NO, FUCK YOU FOOLISH HUMAN!!  I already made the mistake of trying to update one of those programs from CHESS.gov or whatever, and completely fucked my firefox browser with an endless popup for some master key.  Had to clean out the browser cache to get it fixed.

I'll have to drive 80 fucking miles round trip to Ft Lewis to use the education center to get on another computer with a reader to hopefully sign this fucking thing.  I should be working on a job app to try and get a fucking job, not fighting with this shitty ass army love affair with broken ass digital bullshit!!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:22:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
FUCK THIS FUCKING DIGITAL SIGNATURE BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!  FUCK LOTUS FORMS, APPROVE IT, E-SIGNATURE, AND ACTIVCLIENT!!!!!!!!!!! FUCKTHEM IN THEM IN ALL THEIR COLLECTIVE ONES AND ZEROS ASSES!!!!!!!!

I have my LT, E5, and E6 all wanting a changer of rater NCOER done, and my piece of shit personal Vista computer will not allow me to sign, no matter what I try.  I have a CAC reader, can log into AKO, iperms, mail, whatever, but sign something???? NO, FUCK YOU FOOLISH HUMAN!!  I already made the mistake of trying to update one of those programs from CHESS.gov or whatever, and completely fucked my firefox browser with an endless popup for some master key.  Had to clean out the browser cache to get it fixed.

I'll have to drive 80 fucking miles round trip to Ft Lewis to use the education center to get on another computer with a reader to hopefully sign this fucking thing.  I should be working on a job app to try and get a fucking job, not fighting with this shitty ass army love affair with broken ass digital bullshit!!!!!!!!!  
View Quote

You run Vista
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:24:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice fucking rant. I approve.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:26:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote

To be fair, the Army's digital bullshit is working fine. Yours is apparently 'tarded.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:27:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Give the man an AMEN.

It's hard enough to get that shit to work right on a government run network.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:29:41 PM EDT
[#5]
If it makes you feel any better - my digital signature works just fine.  
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:32:09 PM EDT
[#6]
I felt the pain at one point.

9/10  because you still get mad at the system.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:32:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Give the man an AMEN.

View Quote

Yeah I bought a PC specifically to do army stuff like counciling statements because none of that shit work on a mac, and i still can't ensign. S6 says they don't support personal computers, so I am still screwed....

My fucks are still on order from supply.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:38:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Yeah I bought a PC specifically to do army stuff like counciling statements because none of that shit work on a mac, and i still can't ensign. S6 says they don't support personal computers, so I am still screwed....

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Give the man an AMEN.

One huge perk of this job is I have a take home computer.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:38:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Have you tried the forms using pureedge? lotus sucks the nuts.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:40:08 PM EDT
[#10]
I'll add, the "security policy" disabling HTML e-mails and URL links and then the 4-star staff websites that send out tasking that are HTML encoded.

"Everything must go through the G2".

Excuse me, the G2 sucks doneky dicks.

Wading through an entire page of HTML looking for the URL for the tasker...nope that's a .jpg, nope that's the home page, nope that's an external page link.

They even disabled he "read as HTML" button.

And cutting and pasting from Excel or PowerPoint into e-mail, "All formatting and images will be lost".
Why bother.

I'm sure Microsoft disables all the advanced features of their software on their own networks to protect themselves from malicious attacks and coporate espionage...not.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:45:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Your issue is probably your browser. I'm a Firefox fan too, but many web based applications don't like it.

Try using Firefox ESR.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:46:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I'll add, the "security policy" disabling HTML e-mails and URL links and then the 4-star staff websites that send out tasking that are HTML encoded.

Wading through an entire page of HTML looking for the URL for the tasker...nope that's a .jpg, nope that's the home page, nope that's an external page link.

And cutting and pasting from Excel or PowerPoint into e-mail, "All formatting and images will be lost".
Why bother.

I'm sure Microsoft disables all the advanced features of their software on their own networks to protect themselves from malicious attacks and coporate espionage...not.
View Quote

I loved the constant burning a single >10 meg file on to a CD because thumb drives were disabled.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:49:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I loved the constant burning a single >10 meg file on to a CD because thumb drives were disabled.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why bother.

l'm pretty sure our CD drives are disabled.  Just e-mail that shit to your personal e-mail address, like everyone else does.  So much for security.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:56:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

l'm pretty sure our CD drives are disabled.  Just e-mail that shit to your personal e-mail address, like everyone else does.  So much for security.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why bother.

This is why I drink....
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:58:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Nicely done sir. I have given up using my personal computer to sign mil forms.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 2:04:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

You run Vista
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You run Vista

This.  Shit works perfectly with windows 7, no drivers necessary.  Also, our Java at work is completely fucked, so I actually have to use my PC at home to approve leaves.  
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 2:08:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

This.  Shit works perfectly with windows 7, no drivers necessary.  Also, our Java at work is completely fucked, so I actually have to use my PC at home to approve leaves.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You run Vista

Firefox user?
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 2:09:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

You run Vista
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You run Vista

Link Posted: 12/10/2013 2:12:23 PM EDT
[#19]
nice rant

but why are you running vista?
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 2:14:08 PM EDT
[#20]
When I retired 1 August I must have dumped ten army specific accounts/passwords/programs - something came up after I'd left and they were pissed when I told them to either send me a letter or to call.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 2:17:33 PM EDT
[#21]
I don't have a CAC reader at home for this very reason.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 2:21:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Firefox user?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You run Vista

Firefox user?

Nope.  Good ole USAF approved MSIE shit.  Java completely fucked up our verisign shit we need to approve leaves.  It's been broken for months, so we have to find workarounds.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 2:22:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Does your computer have internet explorer?  Bet it works in that browser.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 2:29:00 PM EDT
[#24]
I just tell them to fuck off and not work at home.

Shit will wait till i'm back at work.

Proper forward planning and checking up on Awards/NCOERs prevents this kinda BS.

If someone called me and said a NCOER had to be signed tonite, I would just hang up on them while laughing.

Moral to the story???

Submit your NCOER early and stay on your S-1s ass to get it done

edited due to drnking

Link Posted: 12/10/2013 2:29:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

If you are signing a form, there is no browser involved, it is running in the shit software.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 2:30:04 PM EDT
[#26]
How about back when you could actually use a thumb drive?
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 2:31:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I just them to fuck off and not work at home.

Shit will wait till i'm back at work.

Proper forward planning and checking up on Awards/NCOERs prevent this kinda BS.

If someone called me and said a NCOER had to be signed tonite, I would just hand up on them while laughing.

Moral to the story???

Submit your NCOER early and stay on your S-1s ass to get it done

View Quote

I am reserve component, I believe OP is as well.  We have the choice of either doing work on personal computers or having that work never get done.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 2:43:28 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
If you are signing a form, there is no browser involved, it is running in the shit software.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Ahh that's right.  I've used lotus forms viewer a few times.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 2:48:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Nope.  Good ole USAF approved MSIE shit.  Java completely fucked up our verisign shit we need to approve leaves.  It's been broken for months, so we have to find workarounds.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You run Vista

Firefox user?

Even with 64 bit IE?  Regular 32 bit won't work with Verisign.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 2:50:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Ahem, did you import your certificates from your CAC?
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 2:51:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
[

Even with 64 bit IE?  Regular 32 bit won't work with Verisign.
View Quote

Yes.  It's the new version of Java that is fucking it up.  They won't reload the old version, so they are loading both versions on some computers, but it's a giant shit sandwich.  Our comm folks are absolutely the worst I've ever seen.  Call ESD and put in a workorder...

Link Posted: 12/10/2013 2:52:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Ahem, did you import your certificates from your CAC?
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/10/2013 2:54:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Get your tank and seek assistance in our side and you might even get some help.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 2:54:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
How about back when you could actually use a thumb drive?
View Quote

Ah, the good ol' days...
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 2:54:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Wait...Lotus?
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 2:59:27 PM EDT
[#36]
You sound like a natty guard or reservist. Why would you have to go 80 miles to Lewis to e sign a document. And if that sounds bad then this is worse, you sound like a 42a. Please tell me I'm wrong and you are AD and a mos that leaves the wire.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 2:59:54 PM EDT
[#37]
IM sent.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 3:10:56 PM EDT
[#38]
I like digitally signing forms, but there's always some fucktard that has to print it out and hand sign it.

Link Posted: 12/10/2013 4:57:54 PM EDT
[#39]
never mind

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 5:02:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I like digitally signing forms, but there's always some fucktard that has to print it out and hand sign it.

View Quote

This guy knows my pain.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 5:10:38 PM EDT
[#41]
I had a surprise drill last Friday and Saturday.  I go to the office, put my CAC in the computer and find out my account has been disabled.  No problem, it's 1330 hrs so I'll call up to S6 and have them reactivate it.  No one answers.  I leave a  message.  No one calls back.  Thanks a lot assholes.  

On Saturday, I go over to S6 and ask them to activate my account.  Once there, I have some guy tell me accounts get shut off after 30 days off the network.  I tell him I had drill 15th, 16th 17th of November and it had not been 30 days.  Doesn't matter.  Then he asks for my cyber information certificate.  Oh great, like I carry that shit folded up in my pocket.  

Us part-timer NG guys get no love.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 5:47:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I had a surprise drill last Friday and Saturday.  I go to the office, put my CAC in the computer and find out my account has been disabled.  No problem, it's 1330 hrs so I'll call up to S6 and have them reactivate it.  No one answers.  I leave a  message.  No one calls back.  Thanks a lot assholes.  

On Saturday, I go over to S6 and ask them to activate my account.  Once there, I have some guy tell me accounts get shut off after 30 days off the network.  I tell him I had drill 15th, 16th 17th of November and it had not been 30 days.  Doesn't matter.  Then he asks for my cyber information certificate.  Oh great, like I carry that shit folded up in my pocket.  

View Quote

Did you shove your long tab up their ass? Because that's fucking retarded.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 5:58:01 PM EDT
[#43]
I concur
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 6:01:07 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

View Quote

Weve been in that hell for a couple of months now.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 6:11:51 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

10/10
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 6:25:19 PM EDT
[#46]
go here, it should help you get it set up and working.

I used that site to set up my stuff on Vista, 7, and 8.1

Link Posted: 12/10/2013 6:27:16 PM EDT
[#47]
I have lived your pain OP.  Reserve component guys are completely screwed by the Army's failure to recognize that their IT systems are designed around the premise that users are in active units.  Try being an individual mobilization augmentee living hundreds of miles away from the organization you support.  I finally gave up and got out.  Digital signatures played a role in that decision.

Link Posted: 12/10/2013 7:00:29 PM EDT
[#48]
Gonna need you to submit a ticket on that sir.

Link Posted: 12/10/2013 7:02:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Where is your tank?
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 7:56:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

7/10

You could complain to higher, but you'd have to us DTMS and add it to the training schedule first. If they are in the TOC you will have to communicate it via CPOF. If they are in a vehicle, send a BFT message. Technology is why we have the greatest .mil in the world.

Unless you file an EO complaint, that will go right through. Or if you say you were raped by lotus, that can get you some attention real quick.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top