BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 12/9/2013 10:43:29 AM EDT
Michael Griffin was fired from Holy Ghost Preparatory School after
administrators said his obtaining a license to marry his same-sex
partner was a violation of his contract.

http://nypost.com/2013/12/08/gay-teacher-fired-after-applying-for-marriage-license/

They should have simply fired him for choosing such an ugly partner.  

Link Posted: 12/9/2013 10:43:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Oh my!
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 10:45:13 AM EDT
[#2]
good firing
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 10:48:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Oh my!
View Quote

I heard your reply in Sulu voice...

Link Posted: 12/9/2013 10:48:43 AM EDT
[#4]
 must have a big dick
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 10:49:03 AM EDT
[#5]
If I send my kids to a Catholic school, then I expect them to be taught Catholic values by people who emulate them.

If you don't like it, go work for the Episcopalians.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 10:49:14 AM EDT
[#6]
I have no words.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 10:54:12 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

If I send my kids to a Catholic school, then I expect them to be taught Catholic values by people who emulate them.

View Quote

I'll bet he flaunted his marriage at school.  

If he had quietly enjoyed his bedroom activities, the school never would have found out about them.  

Link Posted: 12/9/2013 10:57:17 AM EDT
[#8]
So Peyton Manning is marrying that one dude from Kids in the Hall?

Wait. What?

Link Posted: 12/9/2013 10:58:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Guilty
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 10:59:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 11:00:27 AM EDT
[#11]
He looks like the buttfuck love child of Macklemore and that guy from Revenge of the Nerds.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 11:01:08 AM EDT
[#12]
I can't understand why people are so anti gay, look at that picture, do we really want those genes in the pool?  I say No!
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 11:05:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
good firing
View Quote

also good flaming
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 11:07:37 AM EDT
[#14]
He just wants to be happy

Link Posted: 12/9/2013 11:08:36 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
So Peyton Manning is marrying that one dude from Kids in the Hall?

Wait. What?

View Quote

lol  
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 11:15:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm not sure I appreciated that comment - then I remember that I flipped over to Anglican when the Episcopalians when batshit crazy 2 years ago.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 11:15:10 AM EDT
[#17]
In violation of his contract. He knew it would happen, did it anyway and now wants to whine about the consequences he knew would be forthcoming.

Just shut up.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 11:16:30 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

In violation of his contract. He knew it would happen, did it anyway and now wants to whine about the consequences he knew would be forthcoming.

Just shut up.
View Quote

But he's gay so he requires special rules for his gayness.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 11:20:01 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 11:22:48 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
good firing
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/9/2013 11:23:34 AM EDT
[#21]
Bit the hand that fed him

Link Posted: 12/9/2013 11:23:58 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
good firing
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/9/2013 11:27:03 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just shut up.

Link Posted: 12/9/2013 11:28:05 AM EDT
[#24]

o wait , it is
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 11:30:02 AM EDT
[#25]
Their school their rules
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 11:30:55 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
 must have a big dick
View Quote

Do gay men want that?

Or would a smaller dick actually be preferable?

Since, you know...

Link Posted: 12/9/2013 11:31:14 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I'm not sure I appreciated that comment - then I remember that I flipped over to Anglican when the Episcopalians when batshit crazy 2 years ago.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok, I have to ask. So the you left Episcopalian Church, a member of the Anglican Communion, and joined an Anglican Church here in the US? What craziness were the Episcopalians involved in that the Anglicans weren't?
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 11:31:36 AM EDT
[#28]
He did not see this coming ?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 11:32:09 AM EDT
[#29]

Buddy Holly is still alive?!?!? And he's gay?!?!?!  
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 11:32:13 AM EDT
[#30]

Well....at least he's not doctoring up some receipt.

Link Posted: 12/9/2013 11:32:52 AM EDT
[#31]
Shut up, Meg.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 11:34:13 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Buddy Holly is still alive?!?!? And he's gay?!?!?!  

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/9/2013 11:34:36 AM EDT
[#33]

Washout?
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 11:35:03 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

this... i am surprised he was hired to begin with.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Having same sex attraction isn't in and of itself a sin according to the Catholic church.

There are gay Catholics who are simply celibate in accordance with the church's teachings. They just don't get much press and aren't well liked by the gay community at large. Quite frankly, a gay celibate Catholic who follows the church's teachings is probably a stronger Catholic than myself. It's a bigger personal cross than I have to carry.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 11:35:33 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just shut up.

Yeap, Some animals are more equal that others!
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 11:37:26 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Having same sex attraction isn't in and of itself a sin according to the Catholic church.

There are gay Catholics who are simply celibate in accordance with the church's teachings. They just don't get much press and aren't well liked by the gay community at large.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There are gay Catholics who are simply celibate in accordance with the church's teachings. They just don't get much press and aren't well liked by the gay community at large.

Of course, and then there's the other 98%.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 11:38:10 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

If he had quietly enjoyed his bedroom activities, the school never would have found out about them.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted for stupidity. And you own an assault rifle and flaunt the fact you're part of the assault culture.

It's a fucking morality clause, they're not fucking rocket science. If you don't want to accept the fucking thing, don't sign it. It's another case of 'not reading what you sign' stupidity.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 11:44:08 AM EDT
[#38]
Catholic private school. Folks that PAY to send kids their expect catholic values to be taught. Both in academics and by example.Their money pays for the school so it is their rules.

ETA: Many gays want to spread the message gay is OK and perfectly normal. I am fine with that as long as it is still OK for me to disagree with them and send my kids to a school that shares my values on my dime.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 11:48:33 AM EDT
[#39]
Christian School - contract requires christian values.

The issue is this, sex outside of marriage is against Catholic teaching.  Catholic Church (and the bible for that matter) does not recognize same sex marriage.  They are not being singled out however, this policy should apply to unmarried heterosexual Teachers who shack up as well.

I was not in good standing with the Catholic Church for quite a bit of my adult life.

Link Posted: 12/9/2013 11:50:41 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Ok, I have to ask. So the you left Episcopalian Church, a member of the Anglican Communion, and joined an Anglican Church here in the US? What craziness were the Episcopalians involved in that the Anglicans weren't?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The US Episcopal Church has ordained open gays as ministers, lesbians as teachers at their seminaries and sued parishes for attempting to leave, among other things.  Their current head, Katherine Jefferts-Schiori is a complete moonbat.  Thread i started a while back on her:  Diversity, not Jesus, saves.

Those two fruits would fit right in.  They'd probably get ordained.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 11:51:28 AM EDT
[#41]
Sounds like a good firing.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 11:57:10 AM EDT
[#42]
He's looking for a payday.
Why would someone who's Gay work for an organization that's anti gay?
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 11:57:28 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
The US Episcopal Church has ordained open gays as ministers, lesbians as teachers at their seminaries and sued parishes for attempting to leave, among other things.  Their current head, Katherine Jefferts-Schiori is a complete moonbat.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The US Episcopal Church has ordained open gays as ministers, lesbians as teachers at their seminaries and sued parishes for attempting to leave, among other things.  Their current head, Katherine Jefferts-Schiori is a complete moonbat.

I would assume any lawsuits would involve Church property.  I do not know who owns what in the Anglican Church.  I can see issues with the Catholic Church when Catholic organizations  leave the communion of the Church as well (such as Hospitals and Schools).  As far as I know, we have let them go - without the Catholic name.  The Church and parish properties, however, are property of the Diocese, likewise much is property of religious orders.  I suspect if a Diocese would try to leave, the Bishop would be removed.  I don't know if the same would apply if an Order tried to leave.

fwiw, there will be no payday - Supreme Court already slapped Obama on this - concerning employees of religious schools.  

Link Posted: 12/9/2013 12:15:11 PM EDT
[#44]
Catholic school.

My son was attending a Catholic school when one of the teachers was fired for getting knocked up and refusing to marry the sperm donor.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 12:30:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

The US Episcopal Church has ordained open gays as ministers, lesbians as teachers at their seminaries and sued parishes for attempting to leave, among other things.  Their current head, Katherine Jefferts-Schiori is a complete moonbat.  Thread i started a while back on her:  Diversity, not Jesus, saves.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Their leader is a woman with two surnames, frankly, it tells you all you really need to know.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 12:33:01 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Heterosexual couples don't flaunt their marriages?  At least be consistent.

Buuuuut it was a Catholic school so the school gets some leeway to fire him, I really don't have a problem with that.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 12:37:19 PM EDT
[#47]
If Taylor Swift had a butch lesbian older sister, that's what she would look like.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 12:37:57 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Michael Griffin was fired from Holy Ghost Preparatory School after administrators said his obtaining a license to marry his same-sex partner was a violation of his contract.

http://nypost.com/2013/12/08/gay-teacher-fired-after-applying-for-marriage-license/

They should have simply fired him for choosing such an ugly partner.  

http://cdn.abclocal.go.com/images/wpvi/cms_exf_2007/news/local/9352348_448x252.jpg

View Quote
Can't..... stop..... laughing

Link Posted: 12/9/2013 12:44:00 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
good firing
View Quote

yep
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 12:46:00 PM EDT
[#50]
in before Trouble shooter and the Extreme butt hurt crowd
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top