Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/8/2013 12:08:33 PM EDT
Docs, need your help.

There's something in my eye--probably an eye lash or something...and I can't flush the bastard out. I've tried saline, I've tried pulling the eyelid back and can't see anything. The problem is it's on the inside of the eye (towards my nose) on the upper end (or so it feels like). Thus, it's hard to pull that eyelid back and get in there with clean hands.

Is there anything else I can try to flush this thing out? I really don't want to go pay $87 million dollars for a hospital visit just to pull an eyelash. I wear contacts, and am not afraid to mess around in there, but also understand things like tweezers are kind of a no go by yourself.

Many thanks.

Below in the picture is where it feels like it's at. (Google image, I added the red circle)

Link Posted: 12/8/2013 12:11:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Keep your eye closed, get a patch, save $87 Million
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 12:11:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Pull your upper eyelid off your eyeball and pull it down below your lower eyelash and release.
Lower eyelash might brush it out.
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 12:13:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Have someone go out and get you an eye wash cup and saline.
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 12:14:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Do you know that you used post number "3333" for that?

Just sayin.

Good luck with the eye shit.

ETA: Weird coincidence, I used post 29"333" for this reply.
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 12:18:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Go to a good eye dr first thing tomorrow if it is not better. Do not go to an ER. Tell them it is cash last time I went it was under $87 not sure what it was exactly but cheaper than I thought.
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 12:19:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do you know that you used post number "3333" for that?

Just sayin.

Good luck with the eye shit.

ETA: Weird coincidence, I used post 29"333" for this reply.
View Quote

Worth it. This shit is annoying.
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 12:21:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 12:27:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Oh man....it's like a "trust fall" with your eye.

Fack.

I'll give it shot with the old sammich maker.
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 12:27:31 PM EDT
[#9]
You may have scratched your eye.  It feels like a little piece of sand in there for a few weeks until heals.  

I don't know, I got some dirt in my eye one Summer and it felt like I couldn't get it out.  Doc said I got it out, but that I scratched my cornea in the process of doing so.
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 12:29:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Sounds like a corneal abrasion. Can be bad if you rub it too much or if it gets infected. Keep it moist with artificial tears and keep your hands clean and off your eyes. If it gets worse see a doctor for a proper exam.
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 12:46:07 PM EDT
[#11]
I went through the same thing about 10 days ago.  It was so irritating I couldn't sleep.  I finally located the culprit at about 3am.  It was a tiny little spec of crud stuck to the inside of my upper eyelid.  I was able to finally swab it out with a cotton swab moistened with water and a little antibiotic left from the last time I had something removed from my eye by a doc.  It's amazing how something that small can be so painful.
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 12:59:55 PM EDT
[#12]
I had a small bit of metal under my upper eyelid for the better part of a week.  I finally got it out by laying down, pulling the upper eyelid off the eye (not up, towards my forehead, just up to create a space between the lid and the eye), putting a few eye drops in and then pulling the eyelid up and down with my eyelashes like a plunger.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 3:11:17 PM EDT
[#13]
I have been searching for this thread, my post never posted.

I am going with Rosacea of the eyelid.

Any updates?

you did go to the Ophthalmologist?
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 3:20:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Just a heads up, I wanted to let everyone know that  if there in combat  and if they come into close proximity with an explosion to always run a magnet near over their open eye. I was watching a story one time about a soldier in WW1 that was a tank gunner or something and suffered an explosion and he was fine, but started noticing things with his vision or something enough to tell a medic and the medic ran a magnet across his eye and out came metal shavings.

I'm not a doctor and don't know how safe it is, but if one was exposed to metal shards, or shavings just a life thought.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 3:21:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Is this a semen related thread?
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 3:28:21 PM EDT
[#16]
REAL-WORLD MEDICAL PRIORITIES OVER-RULE JACK-ASS ADVICE IF IT MEANS THREATS TO:

LIFE
LIMBS
EYESIGHT.

GO TO A REAL EYE DOCTOR.  FAILURE CAN LEAD TO LOSS OF EYESIGHT (I.E., BLINDNESS).

We now return you to your regular GD thread.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 3:46:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Despite the above post, I will tender the much needed good advice:

1. Obtain shot glass from man room, with associated favorite whiskey...
2. Fill shot glass with water...
3. Apply shot glass to affected eye and tip head back while blinking your eye...
4. Remove shot glass and rinse...
5. Fill shot glass with favorite whiskey...
6. Apply shot glass to mouth and consume...
7. Repeat as needed to remove foreign object from eye

Works every time, guaranteed.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:48:52 PM EDT
[#18]
update:

I thought it may be a scratched eye issues as others have pointed out. I haven't been doing any projects lately that would cause debris. I do however wear contacts and often have my shit hooks all up in there regularly.

I gave it a day and the irritation subsided slightly. I have it another day and it learned more. If was still there but very faint in comparison.

As of today I can still feel it if my eye is in just the right position, but went a whole day wearing contacts with no irritation. Even slept several hours on a plane worth contacts in and no inflammation or pain.

I think it was a scratched eye based on this.

Thank you all for the advice. The legit advice helped my eyes while the Jack assery helped my spirit :)

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top