Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/27/2002 7:14:47 AM EDT
About a week ago I ordered a case of .38 Special from Ammoman. After I got the shipping confirmation from UPS I checked the tracking number and knew my shipment would arrive today.

Now my doorbell doesn't work and hasn't for some time so I stuck a 3"x5" card above my buzzer that reads "UPS/FedEx/USPS - Please leave all deliveries inside door way".

Anyhow, I'm sitting at the computer and I hear this thump outside. Sure enough there's my case of ammo sitting outdoors in plain view from the street. I should also add that there's a lot of kids in my neighborhood.

It probably wouldn't have bothered me so much if it was something like clothing or such. And it's not like the delivery person had no idea what it
was since it weighs about 15 lbs and is clearly marked "Federal .38 Special American Eagle Pistol Cartridges".

Link Posted: 11/27/2002 7:38:05 AM EDT
[#1]
At least he did leave it. A few times I left the note to just leave any packages and they STILL didn't leave them.

What really burns me is their tracking. It seems like for every package I'm getting shipped to me, it scans the send point, and then maybe one leg of the journey....then nothing until AFTER it is delivered...usually a day or two late. What's the point of allowing a customer to track a package when you don't put any tracking info up?
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 7:42:14 AM EDT
[#2]
So you leave a note telling the UPS guy to come in your house? If I were him I doubt I'd do it either. You'd get the obligatory knock then I'd leave it on the porch where I've left every other package all day long.

You could always get a private mail box and have it shipped there so you'd have to pick it up if you're that paranoid.
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 7:48:25 AM EDT
[#3]
duuuhhh.....Fix your doorbell.
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 7:50:23 AM EDT
[#4]
In April UPS was late in delivering a 20” TV-VCR combo so we tracked the package and they said they delivered it. They did not leave it at our front door, they through it over our 6’ fence. The Styrofoam was pulverized and the box was messed up but the TV and VCR still worked fine.

THISISME
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 8:06:46 AM EDT
[#5]

MY DRIVEWAY IS A QUARTER MILE LONG AND UPS HAS LEFT PACKAGES AT THE END OF THE DRIVE AT THE MAILBOX. I REALLY APPRECIATED THE TIME THEY LEFT MY BUSHMASTER UPPER AT THE END OF THE DRIVEWAY, THANKFULLY NO ONE TOOK IT. DUMB%$#%'S
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 8:10:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
So you leave a note telling the UPS guy to come in your house? If I were him I doubt I'd do it either. You'd get the obligatory knock then I'd leave it on the porch where I've left every other package all day long.
View Quote

Inside the doorway in this case is a 4'x4' entryway, which they have left packages in in the past without my including a note.

You could always get a private mail box and have it shipped there so you'd have to pick it up if you're that paranoid.
View Quote

It's not paranoia, just a bit dismayed over the lack of concern  from the delivery person.

Look at it this way; suppose the package was stolen by some kids or anyone else and they get caught by the police with it (or by an anti-gun parent). Even though it might be an isolated incident, it's the type of thing that gives the antis more ammo (pun intended) to propose a ban or restrictions on mail order ammo sales.

For the record such a bill was proposed last session; HR 4101 (my local Congress Critter is a co-sponsor [:(].

In hindsight I probably should have had it sent 'Adult signature required' but on at least one occasion they left it anyhow... in the entryway.
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 8:14:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
...Anyhow, I'm sitting at the computer and I hear this thump outside. Sure enough there's my case of ammo sitting outdoors in plain view from the street. I should also add that there's a lot of kids in my neighborhood.

It probably wouldn't have bothered me so much if it was something like clothing or such. And it's not like the delivery person had no idea what it
was since it weighs about 15 lbs and is clearly marked "Federal .38 Special American Eagle Pistol Cartridges".
View Quote

My UPS guy once left on my doorstep, in plain sight, a box with an MG-34 barrel shroud sticking out through a fist-sized hole.
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 8:14:44 AM EDT
[#8]
About three weeks ago, I ordered a monitor, and I received it two weeks ago.  According to UPS tracking, it was delivered to an address in California.  I called 1-800-PICK-UPS to ask where my package was.  Am I mean or am I justified considering the thousands of dollars UPS has cost us since they've never paid-out a penny on our packages they've lost or damaged?z
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 8:24:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
duuuhhh.....Fix your doorbell.
View Quote

Wouldn't have made a difference if I wasn't home to hear it [:P]
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 8:27:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Doesn't ammo require an "adult signiture"?  I once recvd a compound bow via UPS and they would not leave it without me signing for it.  I actually prefer that anyway but I would think that ammo would require one.
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 8:36:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
About three weeks ago, I ordered a monitor, and I received it two weeks ago.  According to UPS tracking, it was delivered to an address in California.  I called 1-800-PICK-UPS to ask where my package was.  Am I mean or am I justified considering the thousands of dollars UPS has cost us since they've never paid-out a penny on our packages they've lost or damaged?z
View Quote

About three weeks ago I came home to find a styrofoam shipping container marked "perishables" addressed to a person that doesn't even live here.

I called the company, Omaha Steaks, to let them know about it. After the customer service rep checked on it she told me to keep them and enjoy. I ended up with a dozen sirloin burgers, another dozen London broils, 4 prime ribs and a cookbook. [:D]

The boys at the firehouse appreciated it.

Link Posted: 11/27/2002 8:40:27 AM EDT
[#12]
I hate UPS

[url]http://upssucks.net/ups_sucks.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 9:21:29 AM EDT
[#13]
The amount of damage to the packages seems almost deliberate.

I had an experience with Omaha Steaks, where UPS shipped the package to Massachusetts, instead of my address, during a heat wave.

Steaks showed up a few days later, dry ice evaporated, packing damaged, steaks thawed. Called Omaha Steaks, they quickly replaced my order and UPS got a nice $428.90 bill for their efforts.[xx(]

They do like to leave ammo on the steps...
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 4:48:39 PM EDT
[#14]
I was following a package (My Krinkov) on their tracking web site.
It was to be delivered that day, so I waited there at my apartment for UPS to come on over and give me the package that I have been waiting several months for.
Around 3:30pm I check the website and it said "attempted delivery" 3:15.  I was SO PISSED.  The UPS guy NEVER buzzed my apartment, never left a yellow slip, he NEVER came buy!!
I searched his route (I knew it because I had to run him down to get a package that he just attempted, and I just missed him) and he was no where to be found.
I called UPS and told them the problem and said that they delivery person should be repremended for lieing about deliveries so he can take an early weekend.
I had to then tell them that I NOW can't get my package for another week because I was going on vacation (that was reason #1 why I NEEDED it delivered that day)
They were glad to hold the package until I got back, but never heard a word abotu the truck driver.

BISHOP
Link Posted: 12/3/2002 3:29:15 PM EDT
[#15]
No (new) UPS stories for me, the local delivery driver is the son of my dirt bike riding buddy, he will leave the packages right in the front door hallway and give me a call at work to let me know he made a delivery.

FEDEX....They have two FEDEX operations in my area, one is the "real" FEDEX, the other is a contract outfit that delivers FEDEX ground delivery stuff.
I ordered some ammo from Natchez, they sent it FEDEX ground. When the date of delivery (from the tracking website) came and went I waited two more days before I called. Right after I called the mail came in and there was a card from FEDEX that stated the delivery driver was unable to find my house address. I called back, talked with the night supervisor and left detailed instructions on how to get to my house.
When I came home the next day the package had not been delivered.
I called and was told that the driver could not find the address.
I downloaded the mapquest map and directions to my house plus added a note in crayon for FEDEX and the delivery driver and FAX'ed them to the FEDEX center.
Friday came and still no ammo. I called and the supervisor told me that he thought it had been delivered.
I said screw it, I'll do a will-call with the ammo on Saturday. They deliver half day on Saturday, so I waited till a couple minutes after they Saturday delivery service time was up and headed out to the FEDEX center, about a 45 minute drive.
Right after I had lit up the deck chicks ass and was halfway into a good rant with the manager the delivery guy shows up.
He hands the supervisor his delivery sheets and then said "I found that guys house. I didn't deliver it, he is such an asshole, I'll let him stew over it this weekend."
The supervisor looked at me and looked at him, I asked if this was the driver for my area, the supervisor looked away and said yes.
The driver then caught on that I was that asshole.
The supervisor started to apologize, I told him to go FiretrUCK himself. I told the delivery guy to get my package and I told the office bitch to get my paperwork ready.
The supervisor told me that since it was after will call hours he could not let me have the package.
I told him to get on the phone with his boss, that I wanted to talk to him.
The delivery guy came in with my package and tried to apologize to me. I cut him off and told him to go have sex with himself.
After talking to the boss I ended up getting my package, an apology from the contract company (not FEDEX) and the satisfaction of knowing that little piece of shit got fired.
Link Posted: 12/3/2002 3:34:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/3/2002 5:15:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Aces and Eights   sounds like yes for the free steaks,and gee what if!   Are you happy or mad,they could have just went on by but you told them to just drop it as your door bell dosn't work!

Sounds like you really don't have any bitch at all!

Plus since it ain't gang ammo(9 mil) nobody is going to steal it!

Bob [:D]
Link Posted: 12/3/2002 5:46:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Had to send my 454 Raging Bull in for repairs,Taurus shipped it back Fed-ex overnight.Box was labeled  "firearm enclosed " and the dumb shit left it on my front step.No signature,no knock my wife found it when she took the kid to preschool.

-----------------CRAZY-------------------

"Its my dick and my soap and I'll wash it as fast and as often as I like."
Link Posted: 12/3/2002 6:03:36 PM EDT
[#19]
I have the rare pleasure of an intelligent mailman and a decent UPS Guy.

The mailman is smart enough to deliver mail addressed to me (by name) even if the sender f's up the address. VISA still sends my mail to 4507 xxxx xxxxxxx Street instead of 4501 xxxx xxxxxxx Street even after putting in a change of address. Fortunately, the mailman delivers it to me...

One time I ordered some stuff C.O.D. The UPS guy shows up and says it has to be a money order. Apparently, UPS doesn't trust its drivers to take Cash...So, I tell him I'll run down to the Circle K and get a money order. He says he has to deliver something to a store a couple roads over. So, I get the MO at Circle K and meet him at the store a couple roads over just as he is heading back to his truck. I give him the money order, sign, and get my package...No problem. Alot of people probably would've told me tough luck.
Link Posted: 12/3/2002 6:11:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
In April UPS was late in delivering a 20” TV-VCR combo so we tracked the package and they said they delivered it. They did not leave it at our front door, they through it over our 6’ fence. The Styrofoam was pulverized and the box was messed up but the TV and VCR still worked fine.

THISISME
View Quote

well at least the foam service its purpose.
Link Posted: 12/3/2002 6:16:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I have the rare pleasure of an intelligent mailman and a decent UPS Guy.

The mailman is smart enough to deliver mail addressed to me (by name) even if the sender f's up the address. VISA still sends my mail to 4507 xxxx xxxxxxx Street instead of 4501 xxxx xxxxxxx Street even after putting in a change of address. Fortunately, the mailman delivers it to me...

One time I ordered some stuff C.O.D. The UPS guy shows up and says it has to be a money order. Apparently, UPS doesn't trust its drivers to take Cash...So, I tell him I'll run down to the Circle K and get a money order. He says he has to deliver something to a store a couple roads over. So, I get the MO at Circle K and meet him at the store a couple roads over just as he is heading back to his truck. I give him the money order, sign, and get my package...No problem. Alot of people probably would've told me tough luck.
View Quote

Not so sir,you are intellegent there for are the people you come into contact with!  Most of the people here that post about how dumb everybody is they come into contact with,are in thereselfs just plain dumb!

If I were a UPS guy saw your note (doorbell not working just leave package at door)  would leave package and take note from door(to keep for my own protection).  

Most people have a paper in their mail box with all people that will recieve mail at this address  in the box!

Here it is required!  A no brainer for the normal route(or sub) to handle!

Bob   [:D]
Link Posted: 12/3/2002 6:21:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I was following a package (My Krinkov) on their tracking web site.
It was to be delivered that day, so I waited there at my apartment for UPS to come on over and give me the package that I have been waiting several months for.
Around 3:30pm I check the website and it said "attempted delivery" 3:15.  I was SO PISSED.  The UPS guy NEVER buzzed my apartment, never left a yellow slip, he NEVER came buy!!
I searched his route (I knew it because I had to run him down to get a package that he just attempted, and I just missed him) and he was no where to be found.
I called UPS and told them the problem and said that they delivery person should be repremended for lieing about deliveries so he can take an early weekend.
I had to then tell them that I NOW can't get my package for another week because I was going on vacation (that was reason #1 why I NEEDED it delivered that day)
They were glad to hold the package until I got back, but never heard a word abotu the truck driver.

BISHOP
View Quote

UPS drivers may lie. but AIRBORNE drivers are ILLITERATE! the morons cannot read! i have a sign on the front door that says deliver to SIDE door, the front door cannot be heard if you knock on it. so what does idiot driver do? not once... but 3 times. try to deliver to the front door. expecting a replacement harddrive from Western Digital, they call saying they package was returned undelivered.. i check the front door and tehre are 3 damn tags. so i have IBM reship it, they call give them the airbill number, i call airborne and have them SPECIFICLY note that it is to be delivered to the side door, and NOT to require a damn signature just in case their retarded moron of a driver still cannot read and deliver to the side door. and can you guess where i find the package when its delivered?
you probably have... the front door...

i called and raised hell. just for the fun of it. i perversly enjoyed it!
Link Posted: 12/3/2002 10:58:53 PM EDT
[#23]
USNJoe, I thought I was the only one that had problems like that [:)].  Nice story.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top