Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/7/2013 2:02:36 PM EDT
It hasn't been above 0º all week.  I'm leaving.  Would like to book an all-inclusive resort in the Caribbean or Mexico.  I've been to Puerto Vallarta, the resort was crap, but I enjoyed the place.  Have also been to Cozumel, and wouldn't mind going back.  But I scuba dive and my lady doesn't, so I won't get to on this trip and I'm not sure it won't kill my soul to be that close to the Palancar reef and not do a dive.  Need to find some place where there will be plenty for us to do together.  My Brother swears by Atlantis, but I've never been.  

Costa Rica is off the table.  I had a bad experience.  What else should I be looking at?  Hawaii?
Where would you go to find some sunshine and sandy beaches for one week with a very generous budget?

Link Posted: 12/7/2013 2:05:25 PM EDT
[#1]
With a generous budget then probably one of those islands around Fiji.
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 2:07:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Cayman Islands are nice.
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 2:11:13 PM EDT
[#3]
If you want to dive come to hawaii.  You can do the manta dive on the big island (amazing, best dive I've ever done!), and dive some reefs and wrecks around oahu if you want to do a two island trip.  I will say though diving is better in the summer, the big waves make it somewhat tricky on north and east facing shores this time of year.
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 2:13:55 PM EDT
[#4]
If you're thinking resort, have you looked at Belize or the Domican Republic?
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 2:21:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Generous budget would be The Maldives.

This place, to be exact.

Or Bora Bora.
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 2:31:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Just got back from Jamaica.  (2nd trip)

First time was Couples San Souci & this last time Couples Tower Isle (with a day trip back to San Souci)  

Enjoyed San Souci better because it was more secluded feeling and had a more tropical feel to it (though it's only 15 minutes down the road from tower isle)

Couples resorts are the best resorts I've been to.  Though we're going to try Half Moon the next time we go to Jamaica.

Also, Jamaica (regardless of the resort you go to) has "Club Mobay & Club Kingston" depending on the airport you go to.  
Fast tracks you directly through immigration & customs and has a kick ass departure lounge.   It's great fun seeing the 1 - 2 hour line grimace and curse you as you skip right in front of everyone.

Couples resorts do not allow children which was one of the principal reasons we checked them out in the first place.  (DINK's)  

http://couples.com/
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 2:33:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Belize?

I spent almost 2 weeks in Playa Del Carmen (been home 2 days now)
it's got the Ferry to Cozumel, so you can get your dives in there or even off Playa (plenty of snorkeling as well (starfish pool on the SW corner of the island)
if you like to shop, Playa has 87 metric shit tones of shops.
as for things to do... we went to the Ruins in Coba, Tulum, Chichen-Itza, San Grevisio (Cozumel) (there are more in Cozumel and on the mainland)
Cenotes you can swim in (and dive) are all over the place
there are theme parks north / south of Playa, jungle adventures (ATV, Zip Lines and Cenotes)
Dolphin encounters
etc..

There's a good time, if you stay away from the shopping on 5th ave in Playa (the barkers can be real tiresome)

IM me if you have any questions, especially if you consider any of the "tours" you can take while there.
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 2:36:57 PM EDT
[#8]
St John, USVI...
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 2:39:43 PM EDT
[#9]
If I were looking for a warm weather vacation I think I'd try to find a cruise that stops in Belize.
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 2:39:45 PM EDT
[#10]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

This place, to be exact.

Or Bora Bora.
View Quote

Broken link.  I'll research the Maldives though.

Link Posted: 12/7/2013 2:40:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Puerto Rico
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 2:42:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Your telling me Casper is not paradise in December?

Shocked I tell you.  

Link Posted: 12/7/2013 2:44:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Rent a house on Isla Mujeres
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 2:44:33 PM EDT
[#14]
YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!!!!!?????!!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 3:26:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Rent a house on Isla Mujeres
View Quote

I have been told by many that this island is the most beautiful island around
I ran out of time to go check it out.. but it was on my list.
I wasn't much of a fan of Cancun,  as in the city proper... friggin dirty and smelly (YMMV)
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 3:33:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Argentina. Well its not tropical there but its not about to be winter either. I don't know about their seasons for their world famous bird hunts but that's why I want to go there some day.
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 3:33:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Oh I almost forgot. Australia or south Africa would make for a cool trip in the dead of winter.
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 3:38:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
St John, USVI...
View Quote

He said he wants plenty to do for a week.  

I loved St. John but it's hard to have a new experience every day for a week.
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 3:39:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This place, to be exact.

Or Bora Bora.

I probably did something wrong.  http://www.baros.com/

Let's try this.
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 4:29:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This place, to be exact.

Or Bora Bora.

As beautiful as those places are, you have to travel through a LOT of time zones to get there.  How much time are you taking off?  How much of that time do you want to devote to air travel and layovers?  You will spend a minimum of three days round trip from your vacation.  I you want to see that part of the world, i would take two weeks.  Spend one week in one spot, then take a short trip to another spot.  The best diving I've done was in Palau, for what its worth.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 4:34:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Thailand......cheap ...warm.....beautiful......FUN!
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 4:49:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Oh I almost forgot. Australia or south Africa would make for a cool trip in the dead of winter.
View Quote

You dont want to go to South Africa on vacation for the next few months...
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 9:08:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

You don't want to go to South Africa on vacation for the next few months...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You don't want to go to South Africa on vacation for the next few months...

Why not?  I've got a coworker that is in Cape Town today for work, and he said it was 85.z
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 9:26:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

This was my first thought when I clicked on the thread.  Then you said generous budget and I'm all for this.  Seriously Fiji or Bora Bora, do it!
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 9:32:38 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Puerto Rico
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 9:43:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Sorry, I only know tropical on a very meager budget...
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 9:55:06 PM EDT
[#27]
We spend at least a week in the Turks and Caicos.  Club Med
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 10:16:35 PM EDT
[#28]
+1 for Playa del carmen Mexico. Went there last year.  La Perla Playa Del Carmen resort (built in Nev. 2011). All inclusive. Great resort. Don't be afraid to go downtown. BE ADVISED... this resort has an adult side, and a family side. DO NOT stay on the family side of the resort. LOVED IT! I have been all over the Carribean, and this place was perfect for a budget friendly (all inclusive) vaca. Good luck to yooo sir!
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 10:19:51 PM EDT
[#29]
BTW... also note that the beach (actually the surface under the water) is rocky. That's the only negative that I would add.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 10:24:10 PM EDT
[#30]
2nd btw...
you can also charter a scoot over to Casumel if you want to dive.

You're welcome.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 10:25:50 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

If you want to dive come to hawaii.  You can do the manta dive on the big island (amazing, best dive I've ever done!), and dive some reefs and wrecks around oahu if you want to do a two island trip.  I will say though diving is better in the summer, the big waves make it somewhat tricky on north and east facing shores this time of year.
View Quote
For diving, I much prefer Belize to Hawaii

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 10:30:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I prefer first world countries to third world shitholes, but the diving is better than hawaii a lot of places.  
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 10:40:02 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

This place, to be exact.

Or Bora Bora.
View Quote
Just for fun

$1200 per night in January.

$2000-3000 airfare and 32 hours of travel time from ATL

Looks pretty awesome, but certainly a pricey trip.

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 11:01:42 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

This was my first thought when I clicked on the thread.  Then you said generous budget and I'm all for this.  Seriously Fiji or Bora Bora, do it!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Another vote for Fiji,  you like to dive this is your place.

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 11:16:22 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Where would you go to find some sunshine and sandy beaches for one week with a very generous budget?  
View Quote

Santorini.  it's always the answer to that question.

ar-jedi

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 11:27:36 PM EDT
[#36]
If Mexico playa del Carmen is nice.  I've spent a few weeklies there in the last few years. Each time we stayed at the royal, nice resort and all our day trips were great.  There is a lot to do between Myan ruins, adventure trips, and 5th ave.  nice resort and lots to do.  I really like Jamaica to, been there to different parts 4 times, but my wife hates it because of all the people that try to sell you drugs.  This year we may try Costa Rica.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top