Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/26/2002 6:17:16 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 6:37:11 PM EDT
[#1]
If you have a good one, they're great!  If you don't, well... not much changes.
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 6:42:11 PM EDT
[#2]
do you know what the extent of your back problems are, TBS?

Have you had an mri or any other diagnostic test?

Link Posted: 11/26/2002 6:42:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 6:46:54 PM EDT
[#4]
my dad's a chiropractor...
i think its much the same as medical doctors...
some are far better than others
and they won't always be able to solve your problems
look for someone who is not afraid to refer you to an orthopedist if it is not fixab;e by chiropractic...
i guess my dad had the benefit of interning with an orthopedist.
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 6:48:43 PM EDT
[#5]
basically what chuckT said.

i had real shitty back problems. had a therapist that didn't work for crap, had a chiro that made it worse. i was finally talked into going to another chiro (very reluctant). 3rd times a charm.

on a side note, and thinking about what made this one different from the other, i can only say this.
1) the old chiro would just start crackin, & twisting my back all over the place & send me on my way.
2) ugly

new chiro:
1)new one uses more updated tools (for lack of a better word) that are more precise, and uses newer stuff/technology available to the chiro world. i noticed a HUGE difference with these newer methods almost immediately.
2) totally hot chiro chick!
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 6:53:42 PM EDT
[#6]
A chiro brought me back to the living.
Had a herniated disk in neck, pinched nerve, had me crying like a baby.  After weeks, and bad diagnosis, folks at work made me see one.  
First one was ok, second one is awesome.   No problems now.

And quit sleeping on your stomach.
also those funky pillows do work.

Good luck, don't give up

TXLEWIS
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 6:57:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 7:02:15 PM EDT
[#8]
anyone who is taking a lot of x-rays is ont he right track
usually guys right out of school are all about doing it right
and doing it well

hell thats how it is with most professions!
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 7:04:00 PM EDT
[#9]
You might also look into orthotics.  I was making good progress with the chiro but things got even better when I got some orthotics.  Strengthening the core muscle groups, the stomach and lower back, and stretching are the things most of the good ones will ask you to do on your own.  If, like flossing, you neglect these, the results will be less beneficial.

Then there's diet.
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 7:08:51 PM EDT
[#10]
I go to a chiro. I used to have horrible Migraine headaches. I have had them for years. This is the only thing that has helped so far. Drugs sucked, Fiorecet: 1st week 1 pill worked, 2nd week it took 2 pills, 3rd week my Nuerologist cut me off thought i was addicted. Nope, they just quite working like tylenol and ibuprofen. So I met this guy in my concealed  weapons class. They called him Doc. He was a Chiro. After keeping him from BREAKING his thumb off with his new 9mm Auto, he invited me to his office for a consult. Over a year later I have almost no migraines. Its great. No missed work or anything. My insurance covered it, and he waived the co-pay. When insurance stopped paying, he didn't tell me.:) He is pro gun, I bought the same model of pistol that he had, he was shooting double taps that touched, and he hadnt shoot for 6 years. Good luck.
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 7:10:42 PM EDT
[#11]
i went to a good chiro about 5 yrs ago, it took him  5-6 months but he adjusted my back to were i felt great and i am pain free. i have gone back about every 6 months for a readjustment.

my pelvis was all out of alignment also.

good luck i hope he gets rid of the pain.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top