Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/6/2013 3:05:35 PM EDT
Yup after 13 years of being with Sprint I was let out of my contract early for free. I had such bad service at my new house they agreed they couldn't provide me with proper service. I looked and Verizon has "4G" coverage at my house. I ordered online and got a Motorola Droid Razr HD and a Samsung Galaxy SIII mini all for 50 bucks. They gave me free 2-day shipping and waived the 70 dollar activation fee.

I had the SIII on Sprint and loved that phone, but wanted to try something new so grabbed the Droid Razr HD based on price (50 bucks) and reviews. Thoughts on the Droid Razr, Verizon coverage, and plans? I grabbed the unlimited share plan and 2G of space considering anytime we download or do anything like that we're at the house using the wi-fi. Also, I don't take my phone to work, so it gets minimal data use.
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 4:31:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I love my RAZR hd. Debating on leaving Verizon for at&t tho, even tho Verizon has had the best service ever
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 4:35:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Have a Razr HD on Verizon.

Fucking hate it, gets terrible reception and randomly "loses" my ringtones.  
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 4:57:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I have the Razr Maxx HD that i really like.

its my first smartphone and I have had no issues with it..

Brian
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 5:08:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I have the Razr Maxx HD and haven't had any issues with the phone or Verizon service.
Good battery life also
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 5:09:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Is that because of your location? I read the held back on releasing it to fix an antenna issue and they were praised for it because it holds signal better than 98% of phones.
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 5:28:52 PM EDT
[#6]
I use a Droid RAZR HD on Verizon. Love it. Going to get an SIII mini for the wife.

I just wish I could have kept my unlimited data plan.
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 5:30:31 PM EDT
[#7]
I had it when I switched to from Sprint after 15 years. I just broke it after 1.75 years of service. The screen finally gave out. It kept getting slower and slower for me. I had it in an Otterbox and battery life was a good two days with heavy use. I drenched it, swam with it, etc..... Phone was truly strong especially in my hands.
I have the Note 3 and would never go back to it. Of course I got different case for the Note 3 and a Trident when they come out.

Use it if you like it. But that is 2 years ago technology get a more up to date phone in my opinion.
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 5:50:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I use a Droid RAZR HD on Verizon. Love it. Going to get an SIII mini for the wife.

I just wish I could have kept my unlimited data plan.
View Quote

That's my setup. Razr HD for me SIII mini for the misses. How did you lose your unlimited plan.
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 5:51:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Razr max hd here, and still on a unlimited plan with Verizon.
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 6:10:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

I did the 2GB with unlimited calls and texts. Guess that counts.
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 12:07:14 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Is that because of your location? I read the held back on releasing it to fix an antenna issue and they were praised for it because it holds signal better than 98% of phones.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It may be, Verizon service here isn't the greatest...but my wife can be standing next to me with her Iphone and has significantly better signal and can hold calls better than I can.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 3:01:01 PM EDT
[#12]

Weird, I got the phones today and the Razr HD came with 2 SIM cards. One was already in the phone and one was on the card you have to punch out.

Tried activating the phone with my SD memory card and the SIM already in the phone and it didn't work. Ran out of time before work to try the other SIM. Anyone seen this before?
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 3:04:15 PM EDT
[#13]
love my Droid Razr Maxx HD.  Most of my postings happen on it.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 3:04:25 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

View Quote
Download Foxfi and buy the license.  Then, after buying the license, free, unlimited WIFI hotspotting.

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 3:11:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Download Foxfi and buy the license.  Then, after buying the license, free, unlimited WIFI hotspotting.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Noted!!! Thank you. How much for the license?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top