Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/26/2002 4:31:55 PM EDT
Now, I am not slamming everyone but stuff like: ducktape (WTF?), barel, germanny, Saddamn, and: "My casr isnnt workinng" is pretty annoying. Most people here are careful with their writing and take time to edit it if they made a mistake but some.... are destroying the english language!!!

Doggonit

P.S.: Remember, it's DUCT TAPE not Ducktape!!!!
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 4:33:56 PM EDT
[#1]
qwack!
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 4:34:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 4:37:01 PM EDT
[#3]
i are collige educated

Link Posted: 11/26/2002 4:38:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a roll of tape that has a picture of a duck on the package and it says in big bold letters"Duck Tape". As to the other, lighten up, some people don't type for a living.

Link Posted: 11/26/2002 4:38:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Oh give me a brake.
View Quote

Yeah, no shit. That's what makes us all DIFFERENT! We all can't be scholars. I'll take a BREAK too. [:D]
AB
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 4:43:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Wut bad Spplling? [:D]
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 4:45:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Who cares?

Everyone who bitches about spellig know what the person is saying, so who cares?

Link Posted: 11/26/2002 4:51:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 4:53:28 PM EDT
[#9]
So I'm not going to win the spelling Bee???  DAMN

P.S. Who does give a shit????
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 4:54:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Who cares?

Everyone who bitches about spellig know what the person is saying, so who cares?

View Quote

Not necessarily!

But chekit yo, I b huked on ebonics n shit, it b werken fo me, cuz all de uddah niggazs be thinking I'm smart an junx. [IMG]www.ar15.com/forums/images/smiles/icon_smile_big.gif[/IMG]

EDIT: Cuz I can't FUCK!N spell!!!(no pun intended)

PONY_DRIVER
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 4:58:12 PM EDT
[#11]
man you sure uptight bitch. how you know what right way to right. most people are here to have good time not right eassay for teacher.
you teacher or someting ? an who give fuck for mistake in engish language. itsa hard won to learn. so just sut up.
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 4:58:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Aimless it's EDUMACATED
IreallyfeelsorryforthenewguywhogotyelledatforforgettinghisperiodaskingaboutaM1garand

stand by to stand by for a possible maybe that's probably not going to happen
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 5:00:02 PM EDT
[#13]
you know how many times I got to mis-spell a word till spell check know what the fuck I mean.

SSD

(did it work this time?)
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 5:02:18 PM EDT
[#14]
"english" is spelled with a capital 'E'.
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 5:06:05 PM EDT
[#15]
It takes ALL KINDS to make THE WORLD GO ROUND.

I've learned to interpret better from being here. I'm not great at grammar, but I can spell.
Just do the best you can.

MM419
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 5:07:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Now, I am not slamming everyone but stuff like: ducktape (WTF?), barel, germanny, Saddamn, and: "My casr isnnt workinng" is pretty annoying. Most people here are careful with their writing and take time to edit it if they made a mistake but some.... are destroying the english language!!!

Doggonit

View Quote

Don't you have something better to do...  like move to Cananada?
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 5:07:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 5:19:57 PM EDT
[#18]
[img]http://members.verizon.net/~vze2ncbk/ar15/51.gif[/img]
DUMBASS
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 5:27:33 PM EDT
[#19]
I always find it humorous that the posts criticizing spelling and grammar usually contain spelling and grammar errors. [:)]
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 5:27:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA--I looked up "poetic justice" and this thread was there.  LMAO

View Quote

I am not picking on slight mistakes such as forgetting a period or not making the E in English capitalized but just errors (such as brake instead of break, two VERY diff. words) which can be painful to read and take very, very little time to eliminate.
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 5:27:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 5:36:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
[url]http://members.verizon.net/~vze2ncbk/ar15/51.gif[/url]
DUMBASS
View Quote

Thats not a dumbass it's ducktape[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 5:38:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 6:01:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 6:08:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Would this also include things like...'IIRC', 'ROTFL', and the ever popular 'IBTL' ?? Do We use these to save time, or is it that the more We abbreviate, the more We forget how to spell simple words. If You can understand the main point of what someone's trying to say, then WTF ??

Oh, I'm sorry...I thought this was about bacon. My bad.
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 6:14:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Mmmmmmm...BACON!
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 6:26:05 PM EDT
[#27]
...scare away good members who are knowledgeable and very valuable...
View Quote

I agree with your sentiment, but I've seen poor spelling and grammar scare away more "fence sitters" than pro-gunners.  Compared to DU, most members here are very literate, but for many people without much experience with the Internet (therefore, very little experience with just how poorly the average person writes), the first experience in a newsgroup or other discussion group can be disappointing.  It's hard to take someone seriously when they make blatant spelling and grammar errors when you're exposed to professional (more or less) edited text in newspapers and magazines each day.  In my opinion, if you want the web site to appeal to a wider audience, we'll have to do better.z
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 6:26:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Doggonit

View Quote

AH HA!

Saddam is a romanization of a arabic name. There is no wrong way to spell it only current accepted usage. This is why old maps say "Tokio" and new ones say "Tokyo."

Saddamn is merely a phonetical rendering of a foreign word thats only correct rendering is in arabic. This is way you have several spellings for names of muslims and their organizations.

Remember Khadafi?

aka Quadafi
aka Kadaffi
aka Khadafi
aka Qudaffy Duck
aka Kadaffy Ducktape
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 6:32:32 PM EDT
[#29]
i cnat help it i went to school in california.
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 6:45:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Doggonit

View Quote

Is this the biggest thing that you've got to worry about? Is your mom a school teacher? If everyone was as smart as you, then what would be the trait that would make you specail?
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 7:17:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Original-like Posted By Doggonit, dig dis:
Now, I aint slammin' everyone but stuff likes, dig dis: ducktape (down low,
W-T-fuckin'-F?), barel, germanny, Saddamn, an', dig dis: "Mah casr isnnt
workinng" be pretty annoyin'. Most sucka's in da house be careful wit' deir
scratchin' an' snatch time t'edit it if they made some mistake but some
kinda'.... be wreckin' da damn english language!!!

Doggonit

P.S.: Rememba', it be D-U-C-fuckin'-T T-A-P-fuckin'-E not Ducktape!!!!

View Quote
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 7:41:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Don't you have something better to do...  like move to Cananada?
View Quote

WTF is that country? You couldn't possibly mean the larger country (Canada) to the north of the United States of America, could you? [;)]
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 8:28:38 PM EDT
[#33]
I like my dad's attitude about spelling and grammar.  He's had business associates make fun of the way he spells, types, and sometimes talks (his southern drawl doesn't blend well in Oregon).

His response is always something to the effect of he would rather concentrate on more important things, and hire somebody for minimum wage that can type and spell for him.

It normally shuts them up when they realize spelling and grammar are not the fundamentals that make a person sucessful.  Sure, strong written communication skills help, but they can be purchased for a very low price.
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 8:39:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Me speak bad English?  That's unpossible and innoble!
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 9:00:22 PM EDT
[#35]
[b]Your[/b] crazy to think that [b]their[/b] are people on this and other boards who can't spell.

OSUBeaver - as for your dad's accent - f*ck his associates - southern accents are cool!

As for not being able to spell correctly or having poor grammatical skills, I guess having enough money to pay folks to spell for you is cool, but if I'm dealing with someone who I find can't spell, I wonder what else they can't do because it's not "important" to them.

Not a slam - just reminds me of the "hunters" that bring their rifles into the shop to have it zeroed for a hunt because they don't have time.
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 11:31:57 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Doggonit

View Quote

Is this the biggest thing that you've got to worry about? Is your mom a school teacher? If everyone was as smart as you, then what would be the trait that would make you specail?
View Quote

Okay buddy, [s]that's not what your mom said....[/s] you are from Texas. So be happy that you live in the greatest state of the union (after Nebraska of course) where men are men and women are still women! Please go and shoot some C-mags for me with your 11.5 inch pre-ban stocked AR15 w/ the Gemtech can, ok?

Doggonit (I HATE NJ!)
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 11:59:48 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Aimless it's EDUMACATED
IreallyfeelsorryforthenewguywhogotyelledatforforgettinghisperiodaskingaboutaM1garand
View Quote

JPC, wouldn't it be:

Ireallyfeelsorryforthenewguywhogotyelledatforforgettinghisperiodaskingabouta[red]n[/red]M1garand

[:D]
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 12:44:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Some people have a way with words,

uthers nott hav way. [:D]

I don't mind an occasional typo or misspelling, but this [i]is[/i] a forum of the written word.  Glaring errors (especially [i]multiple[/i] glaring errors) do affect my reading of the post.  I'm especially appalled at the useage of a [i]correctly[/i] spelled word that is completely wrong for the context, such as (as was previously mentioned) "muzzle [i]break[/i]."

AAARRGGHH!
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 1:38:36 PM EDT
[#39]
evertin i spelt r apoximate!
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 1:38:46 PM EDT
[#40]
i only use goosetape anywayz.  i herd its tuffer
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 2:22:47 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Not a slam - just reminds me of the "hunters" that bring their rifles into the shop to have it zeroed for a hunt because they don't have time.
View Quote

LOL We had a few hunters just bring in the scope and ask for it to be zeroed.
As for spelling… Well that’s something that I have been fighting with for years. I have dyslexia.
But on the other hand I have very good oral communication skills, and have taught for a short time at a community college.
And when you get the spelling nazi on people cases. They have a tendency to leave. You might say oh well better off with out him. Maybe that person knew something that might of benefited you in the future? I guess your loss.

For instance. How many of you know that I am a Gunsmith? And have been in business for 11 years? Not just a parts changer, but a full fledged custom shop?  Oh well I guess any knowledge you might of gleaned from me is.. how you would say?

YOUR LOSS!!!!!

Ill just keep my mouth shut and return to lurking before the spelling nazi’s get me.
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 2:51:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 3:07:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Thanks thebeekeeper1,
That’s the first time I have finished typing a post angrier than when I started. When you get ridiculed all your life about your spelling it becomes a touchy point.
The spell check is too slow at my location so I type this in MS word, and cut and paste into the message box. That is why the lack of errors.
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 3:15:42 PM EDT
[#44]
shuut upp
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 3:18:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 3:26:05 PM EDT
[#46]
from now on, the Mod will be known as "TheSpellingBeeKeeper"

Ohhh, forgot my period. [:D]
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 4:32:40 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
[url]http://members.verizon.net/~vze2ncbk/ar15/51.gif[/url]
DUMBASS
View Quote

EXCELLENT!!!
AB
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 4:34:35 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA--I looked up "poetic justice" and this thread was there.  LMAO

View Quote

I am not picking on slight mistakes such as forgetting a period or not making the E in English capitalized but just errors (such as brake instead of break, two VERY diff. words) which can be painful to read and take very, very little time to eliminate.
View Quote

It ain't no thing. Don't mean nothin'.
AB
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 4:59:25 PM EDT
[#49]
[b] What a Fvcking Cry Baby! [/b]
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 8:26:10 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
from now on, the Mod will be known as "TheSpellingBeeKeeper"

Ohhh, forgot my period. [:D]
View Quote

Ohh I found it,I found It here it is(.)

Bob   [:D]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top