Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/25/2002 8:07:35 PM EDT
Whaddya think?  It would take a shitload of effort to put it together.  Here's my idea.  A friendly competition made up of teams representing each branch.  Number on each team to be decided.  Each team brings a few events of their choice.  Forced march, land nav, first aid, etc.
The shooting part I think I can provide.  At a local range is a 100 yd rifle range.  We could time it to coincide with a Tactical Carbine match in Johnson City, TX.  This is put on by Texas Tactical of this board.  Maybe we could also get him to do an IDPA match just for us.  Or I can maybe get my friend at the range to close part of the range, build my own props, and get him to run it.  Many many possibilities with many many potential probs.
Now, I'm shootin' for some fun here.  I know if I'm on the Air Force team, we're gonna be hurting if there's a 3 day comp.  I'm 45 and know I can't keep up with someone half my age for three days.  I'd guess two, tops.  BWTF.  HAHA!  This could be fun.  Anyway, whaddya think?

edit:  Heck, even teams that have never been in the military could enter.  Your chance to try and learn something new.

Paper windmills?
Link Posted: 11/25/2002 8:57:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Excellent idea. No chance of that here in NJ[:(]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top