Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/25/2002 10:49:42 AM EDT
[vent on]

Went to the Princeton, Illinois gun show Saturday.  In the past it's not a bad show - probably not big by some people's standards, but not bad.  This time it pretty much sucked.

I went looking for mags, of course, in addition to some other stuff.  It's like everyone who was selling mags got together and decided that $20 was the price de jour.  20's, 30's, whatever.  $20.  Except for some really crappy Okay's that were $17.50, and the guy with the NIW Centers that were $35.  Basically, no joy on the mags.  

[/vent off]

Not too many AR's, and I think I only saw one under a grand.  Couple post-ban Colt HBARs for $1,000 - $1,200.  

But all was not lost.  I picked up 1k of '98 Lake City for $165 with an ammo can, and some .22 Colibris.  I also got some green followers and a stock wrench to put the telestock on my pre-ban (looks nice now).

I was bummed about the mags.  I guess it's getting unrealistic to think that a deal will be found at a show.

Thanks for listening.  
Link Posted: 11/25/2002 11:06:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Did you have a good time at the show anyway?
Link Posted: 11/25/2002 11:13:01 AM EDT
[#2]
That's why I don't go to the gun shows anymore. Princeton, IL, Princeton, IA, or Davenport. No good deals anywhere.
Link Posted: 11/25/2002 11:19:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Try going to a gun show in central OR.

Bring your KY and wear barbedwire skivies...
Link Posted: 11/25/2002 1:39:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Did you have a good time at the show anyway?
View Quote

Gun shows are always fun.  Even if you don't buy anything.
Link Posted: 11/25/2002 5:44:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/25/2002 6:03:02 PM EDT
[#6]
How was the beef jerky?
Link Posted: 11/25/2002 6:30:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Eric, I went to the November event of this:

[url]http://gkensinger.home.mindspring.com/pvsamain.htm [/url]

It was impressive (by local show standards}. I plan on attending the next one too, with a couple other local members on 12/1. Let me know if you want to meet up for lunch or something.

[8d]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top