Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/24/2002 6:52:55 AM EDT
Thinking of having my SA mil-spec .45 refinished. I've never liked the parkerized finish. But I like the black as opposed to the blue. it just needs to damn much oil to function reliably. I really like the gun and don't really want to trade or sell and rebuy. (hmm....maybe I should just buy another one) anyway, anyone out there have thier gun refinished with a black finish with more lubricity than the parkerizing and like it? also need to do something about the damn tiny ramp front sight....

Thanks
W
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 7:23:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Check out robar.
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 7:30:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Ever consider Les Baer's BEAR COAT? It's Teflon based and I've heard good things about it at 1911forum.com.

[url]www.lesbaer.com/finish.html[/url]

$290 for a complete gun. I know, it's not cheap!
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 7:46:12 AM EDT
[#3]
search for walter birdsong on this board
the concensus is that he does the best and slowest work around
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 7:56:49 AM EDT
[#4]
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=5&f=14&t=2603[/url]

here is one of the threads i was looking for...
good luck and lenne know how it turns out
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 11:28:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks !!

This looks like a winner

I'll let you know what I decide to do
W
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 11:42:41 AM EDT
[#6]
[url]http://www.wilsoncombat.com/armor_tuff.htm[/url]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top