Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/23/2002 6:03:58 PM EDT
Ajustable Objective???? (regarding scopes)
I'm kinda curious as I've been browsing through scopes to add to my "Millionaire" wishlist.

So what does it mean, and what does it do?
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 6:15:35 PM EDT
[#1]
IIRC an adjustable objective is used to focus the scope and set the parallax for a specific range.  

If you aren't aware, fixed-power and non-adjustable objective scopes have a fixed parallax point.  This is the range at which, when you move your eye around the exit pupil, the crosshairs don't visibly move against the target.  At ranges longer or shorter than the parallax point, moving your eye from the center of the exit pupil will cause the crosshairs to appear to move on the target.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, or explain it more clearly.
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 6:48:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks!

Does anyone have any links to sites that explain all about how scopes work? Explaining what everthing is/does on scopes?
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 7:01:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Try This...
[url]www.usoptics.com/usOptics101.htm[/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top